ADVERTISEMENT

Fire Gus

Hire anyone who is NOT an offensive genius. Or maybe someone who's done something this decade. No more has-beens that did something a decade ago.

Reactions: Knight59
The Miami Dolphins should clean house after this 2024 season. Kelen Moore could be a candidate as the next Dolphins HC. Ed Oregeron? Please seem to love that guy. Kliff Kingsbury would bring some much need enthusiasm and energy to the Knights sideline. Gus is stuck in his old outdated philosophy and absolutely refuses to make any halftime or in game adjustments on both sides of the ball.

Reactions: Knight59
Ok i need to eat crow big time. I lost my faith in this team and I deserve all the criticism.
Not really, there is definitely something there.

This team is dominant running the ball. Nothing wrong with the guys on the field. But the game plan and balance the last few years is head scratching at times.

Great win, no doubt. The kids showed a ton of resolve despite our coaches, tons of respect to them. But some of our old coaches seem so confused sometimes.

This team is dominant running the ball. Nothing wrong with the guys on the field. But the game plan and balance the last few years is head scratching at times.

Great win, no doubt. The kids showed a ton of resolve despite our coaches, tons of respect to them. But some of our old coaches seem so confused sometimes.
No matter how you slice it the fact remains: Making halftime adjustments to erase a 21-point deficit at night on the road is testament to the coaching staff.

One of the best coaching jobs by a UCF staff in a long, long time. At least since Boise State 2021.

No matter how you slice it the fact remains: Making halftime adjustments to erase a 21-point deficit at night on the road is testament to the coaching staff.

One of the best coaching jobs by a UCF staff in a long, long time. At least since Boise State 2021.
Absolutely not. How many times over the last few years is Gus going to substitute mid-drive, allow the other team to substitute, and then get a delay of game because the other team runs off the field slowly.

He keeps making the same mistake time and time again, and then acts like it’s the other team’s fault for slowly going off the field (they’re allowed to). He just doesn’t get it.

Tough run/pass balance, gross end of half execution. The players are winning despite the coaches.

Absolutely not. How many times over the last few years is Gus going to substitute mid-drive, allow the other team to substitute, and then get a delay of game because the other team runs off the field slowly.

He keeps making the same mistake time and time again, and then acts like it’s the other team’s fault for slowly going off the field (they’re allowed to). He just doesn’t get it.

Tough run/pass balance, gross end of half execution. The players are winning despite the coaches.
Bruh. Eat crow when you are supposed to.

I am.

I was wrong. This dude earned what he got tonight. This team earned it.

Don’t try to be right.

So coming back from 21 points down IN ONE HALF ON THE ROAD AT NIGHT is a coincidence.

Big Sky Nod GIF by ABC Network

Not going to even go through and read this thread, but much like the other posts of the OP, it’s a radical mess.

Why are you even posting? You hinted like yesterday that they might not even be motivated. That UCF players had never heard of TCU? Keep it moving.
The difference between you and I is I can admit when I am wrong.

TCU jumped out to a big lead. (I expected they would.) Gus stuck with the game plan. He continued to run the football. He stayed true to the team's offensive identity even when down by 21 in the second half. Gus didn't panic and start throwing the ball over the place. (I was surprised. I wasn't expecting that.)

It worked and UCF came from behind and won a HUGE game at night on the road in a hostile environment that most reasonable people expected it to lose. It was a HUGE win for the program.

I CAN GIVE THE COACHES CREDIT.

Last edited:

we can root for our school but still hate the offense Gus runs. It always feels disjointed and then the constant clock mismanagement

If it finally leads to consistency good. Colorado next

Remember when the auburn trolls were on here telling us, "Told You So...Fire Gus".

Now, it's just our Debbie Downers that do it. Seems like the Auburn propaganda worked for some.

TCU is a really good team. Also, UCF has room for improvement no doubt. The fans need to recheck themselves mid-stream in games...in my humble opinion. Save the fire the Coach threads on when it makes sense. At 3-0 you just look silly.

Remember when the auburn trolls were on here telling us, "Told You So...Fire Gus".

Now, it's just our Debbie Downers that do it. Seems like the Auburn propaganda worked for some.

TCU is a really good team. Also, UCF has room for improvement no doubt. The fans need to recheck themselves mid-stream in games...in my humble opinion. Save the fire the Coach threads on when it makes sense. At 3-0 you just look silly.
Exactly! We just won our first real Big 12 road game. (Excluding Cinci because they just moved up too) and second non Houston, Cincy game. It’s a huge win no matter how many mistakes were made for our program

hmm just off the top of my head...

Kliff Kingsbury, Kinne, Kendal Briles, Kelen Moore, Bill O' Brien, Scott Frost, Ed Oregeron, Brett Bilelmia
Haha “top of your head” thought on a totally ridiculous “fire Gus” thread that aged like spoiled milk….

So you’re a lawyer? **** me, emotion much? Aren’t lawyers supposed to be poised and composed? Keeping emotion out of it? You my friend, with all of those capabilities absent, must suck at your job. I hope to god you never represent anyone who is innocent. #You have BAD public defender vibes

hmm just off the top of my head...

Kliff Kingsbury, Kinne, Kendal Briles, Kelen Moore, Bill O' Brien, Scott Frost, Ed Oregeron, Brett Bilelmia
Haha “top of your head” thought on a totally ridiculous “fire Gus” thread that aged like spoiled milk…

You made it very personal on a forum that isn’t supposed to attack persons.

So you’re a lawyer? **** me, emotion much? Hopefully you’re just one of those “lawyers” that do the bish work and get the office coffee.

Please don't represent anyone, it would be malpractice. Hopefully you are like a real estate attorney, or something of the like that has zero personal or social interaction in a trial-like setting where you would lose a case for your client by simply talking. If you are indeed a lawyer of people, I only hope that you are one that’s in a cubical supporting or supplying the real lawyers the discovery items. You’re simply, obviously too emotional to be a lawyer of anyone…at least to be successful. Whicccchhhh leads me to believe that you are definitely a public defender. Shut your dumb emotional mouth.

Last edited:
Haha “top of your head” thought on a totally ridiculous “fire Gus” thread that aged like spoiled milk…

You made it very personal on a forum that isn’t supposed to attack persons.

So you’re a lawyer? **** me, emotion much? Hopefully you’re just one of those “lawyers” that do the bish work and get the office coffee.

Please don't represent anyone, it would be malpractice. Hopefully you are like a real estate attorney, or something of the like that has zero personal or social interaction in a trial-like setting where you would lose a case for your client by simply talking. If you are indeed a lawyer of people, I only hope that you are one that’s in a cubical supporting or supplying the real lawyers the discovery items. You’re simply, obviously too emotional to be a lawyer of anyone…at least to be successful. Whicccchhhh leads me to believe that you are definitely a public defender. Shut your dumb emotional mouth.
And you probably work at mcdonald's and think you're some high up. Go back to flipping burgers buddy. The public defender comments certainly make me seem like you have no money, probably committed a crime and were guilty, but couldn't accept that. Or maybe a PD stole your girl while you were out flipping burgers. Nice to disparage people who, work very hard under constant pressure. And I am not a public defender. but by your logic I must be bad at my job based on an emotional response on an open forum. Nice hot take a**clown.

I can't be an emotional fan (short for fanatic) At least I have the level headedness to admit when I ws wrong and eat crow, something you have never done. You are constantly disparaging people on this forum loke an a**hat. Should we go back and look at posts of yours that aged badly.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT