ADVERTISEMENT

First US Senator Tests Positive

Psycho? Maybe. But he's certainly an a-hole who thinks the rules don't apply to him.

Not only did he ignore all the warnings as a U.S. Senator; he's also a DOCTOR for crying out loud!!!

Pretty stupefying actions. Lost a lot of respect for him after this.

Psycho? Maybe. But he's certainly an a-hole who thinks the rules don't apply to him.

Not only did he ignore all the warnings as a U.S. Senator; he's also a DOCTOR for crying out loud!!!

Just so we're keeping track:

An ophthalmologist is a doctor that should know about infectious respiratory diseases

A naval officer is an expert in pandemics

A lawyer is an infectious disease scientist.

An ophthalmologist is a doctor that should know about infectious respiratory diseases

[roll]

He's always been that way. Spoiled rich kid. There is a reason why his neighbor beat his ass. I went to school with a bunch of these assholes. Some would create fake old exams.

"I never, ever cheated. I don't condone cheating. But I would sometimes spread misinformation. This is a great tactic. Misinformation can be very important."

He went on to describe studying for a pathology test with friends in the library. "We spread the rumor that we knew what was on the test and it was definitely going to be all about the liver," he said. "We tried to trick all of our competing students into over-studying for the liver" and not studying much else.

"So, that's my advice," he concluded. "Misinformation works."

https://www.theatlantic.com/politics/archive/2013/10/can-rand-paul-learn-to-tell-the-truth/280701/

Reactions: ucfversusbcs

Yes, an ophthalmologist should understand respiratory diseases.

Reactions: KnighttimeJoe

And what are you qualified to discuss? Dead football programs and the importance of grounding your wires? I look forward to you staying on those topics.

Reactions: ucfversusbcs

Seriously man, there's not prize for being the dumbest motherfuker in the cooler. Stop trying so hard to win it.

Yes, a Medical Doctor should know not to go swimming and have a public lunch while awaiting results from a COVID 19 test.

Boy, seems like I struck a nerve. Obviously I shouldnt comment on that because I'm not a neurological expert. Lulz

Yes, an ophthalmologist should understand respiratory diseases.
Even one who is barely practicing? As a doctor he should be an expert on a respiratory virus that has literally existed for less than 5 months?

You've said that you are a doctor. Are you an expert on covid-19? If not, I'm assuming that shukster will be around any minute to criticize you.

This social distancing is adversely affecting some people a hell of a lot worse than others.

Even one who is barely practicing? As a doctor he should be an expert on a respiratory virus that has literally existed for less than 5 months?

You've said that you are a doctor. Are you an expert on covid-19? If not, I'm assuming that shukster will be around any minute to criticize you.

Wow. I thought you playing stupid/lying because you couldn't read Ninja's posts was bad. This is pathetic.

Any idiot knows not to work out in a gym, go to lunch, etc. while awaiting the results.

Now retire.

Wow. I thought you playing stupid/lying because you couldn't read Ninja's posts was bad. This is pathetic.

Any idiot knows not to work out in a gym, go to lunch, etc. while awaiting the results.

Now retire.
It's kinda cute how hard you're trying.

Rand Paul absolutely should not have been doing the things that he's been doing if he had a hunch that he might be infected. That has NOTHING to do with him being an eye doctor and EVERYTHING to do with him being a senator with tons of Intel. I simply pointed out the fact that claiming his "doctor" status is a totally worthless claim for criticism. If you cant see that, you're as dumb as your Chicago Cubs affinity portrays you to be.

I'll be here all week, just in case you need a brush up on facts.

Rand Paul absolutely should not have been doing the things that he's been doing if he had a hunch that he might be infected. That has NOTHING to do with him being an eye doctor and EVERYTHING to do with him being a senator with tons of Intel. I simply pointed out the fact that claiming his "doctor" status is a totally worthless claim for criticism. If you cant see that, you're as dumb as your Chicago Cubs affinity portrays you to be.

Holy shit. You are doubling down.

[roll][roll][roll]

Woooooooooooooooow

Wow, going extra hard in the paint I see.

The fact that he's a physician has nothing to do with it and worthless.

Right.

Unplug your computer, dumb ass.

QUOTE="NinjaKnight, post: 1840699, member: 950"]Holy shit. You are doubling down.

[roll][roll][roll]

Woooooooooooooooow[/QUOTE]

Yeap.

WHO ARE YOU TALKING TO!?!??!?! I DON"T GET IT. I'M SOOOO LOST!!!!

Wow, going extra hard in the paint I see.

The fact that he's a physician has nothing to do with it and worthless.

Right.

Unplug your computer, dumb ass.

More than a little concerned that it came naturally to you to use "plug" and "ass" in the same sentence.

Rand Paul absolutely should not have been doing the things that he's been doing if he had a hunch that he might be infected.
I'm going to go out on a limb and say that Dr. Paul must have had more than 'a hunch' he might be infected since he got himself tested. If that was the case, why the hell didn't he keep his butt quarantined?
That has NOTHING to do with him being an eye doctor
Given that the medical community is leading the charge communicating appropriate behavior during these difficult corona virus times, I would think a supposed leader in our Government -- let alone a medical doctor of any kind -- would make a point of modeling appropriate behavior, not ignoring it.

QUOTE="NinjaKnight, post: 1840699, member: 950"]Holy shit. You are doubling down.

[roll][roll][roll]

Woooooooooooooooow

Yeap.

WHO ARE YOU TALKING TO!?!??!?! I DON"T GET IT. I'M SOOOO LOST!!!![/QUOTE]
For a prepubescent girl, Ninja does make valid points from time to time. I'm not sure I would encourage her if I were you.

Reactions: Ucfmikes
I'm going to go out on a limb and say that Dr. Paul must have had more than 'a hunch' he might be infected since he got himself tested. If that was the case, why the hell didn't he keep his butt quarantined?Given that the medical community is leading the charge communicating appropriate behavior during these difficult corona virus times, I would think a supposed leader in our Government -- let alone a medical doctor of any kind -- would make a point of modeling appropriate behavior, not ignoring it.
As I have said earlier in this thread prior to shithead&shithead incorporated decided to intervene, something about Paul getting tested but not isolating himself doesnt add up. That being said, the opthalomogical community isn't really heading up intervention so you would have done better to criticize him as a senator instead of as a "doctor" with no expertise in this field.

Then again, you did claim that a lawyer is an expert in infectious diseases

Hey guys, every middle school child in the world at this point knows not to socialize when you could be infected, but Dr. Paul is an ophthalmologist

So obviously no way he could have known not to go to the Senate gym while awaiting his test results. [roll][roll]

Thank you crazyhole for making my socially isolated day a little better with a laugh. Please go on with some more of your knee slappers. May I suggest your classic: "it's a great time to own a gas station" or perhaps "the earth might actually be flat because the Nile flows north"

[roll][roll]

Then again, you did claim that a lawyer is an expert in infectious diseases

I know this is outside of the Rand Paul discussion but I can't let this little comment slide.

Claiming that being a virus scientist is a requirement to lead the National Security virus safety team is like saying being a brain surgeon is a prerequisite for running a huge
hospital specializing in brain surgeries.

The key is to have a leader who 1) understands the field; 2) has strong administrative and communication skills as they relate to a coordinating with the States in a nation-wide response to preparing for, and addressing, a pandemic attack.

QUOTE="NinjaKnight, post: 1840736, member: 950"]Hey guys, every middle school child in the world at this point knows not to socialize when you could be infected, but Dr. Paul is an ophthalmologist

So obviously no way he could have known not to go to the Senate gym while awaiting his test results. [roll][roll]

Thank you crazyhole for making my socially isolated day a little better with a laugh. Please go on with some more of your knee slappers. May I suggest your classic: "it's a great time to own a gas station" or perhaps "the earth might actually be flat because the Nile flows north"

[roll][roll][/QUOTE]

Or the best one: WHO ARE YOU TALKING TO!?!??!?! I DON"T GET IT. I'M SOOOO LOST!!!!

Reactions: NinjaKnight
I know this is outside of the Rand Paul discussion but I can't let this little comment slide.

Claiming that being a virus scientist is a requirement to lead the National Security virus safety team is like saying being a brain surgeon is a prerequisite for running a huge
hospital specializing in brain surgeries.

The key is to have a leader who 1) understands the field; 2) has strong administrative and communication skills as they relate to a coordinating with the States in a nation-wide response to preparing for, and addressing, a pandemic attack.
You claimed that Trump fired the top scientists. Are you still standing by the claim that a lawyer is a scientist?

You claimed that Trump fired the top scientists. Are you still standing by the claim that a lawyer is a scientist?
He fired our nation's pandemic security team.

If you want to be an a-hole and argue over whether these professionals were 'scientists' or not, have at it. It doesn't change diddily-squat.

He fired our nation's pandemic security team.

If you want to be an a-hole and argue over whether these professionals were 'scientists' or not, have at it. It doesn't change diddily-squat.
You said he fired the top scientists, not me. If he removes Pence from heading up the team will you claim that he is a scientist as well?

Yes, we already went over this, dumbass. Trump fired his pandemic team in 2018. No amount of spin can change that fact.
Incorrect. Trump fired 2 members of the the team that were of questionable necessity, since they weren’t rehired or have since been used for consultation since. The TDS answer is that we weren’t prepared for this because of that. That’s a lie.

They haven’t even been in the media. The Pandemic division is still functional. The “borders” were closed to China. Fact is that China was hiding valuable information early on about this virus. Stop lying

Cocksucker

Reactions: UCFWayne
Incorrect. Trump fired 2 members of the the team that were of questionable necessity, since they weren’t rehired or have since been used for consultation since. The TDS answer is that we weren’t prepared for this because of that. That’s a lie.
BULLSH*T.

You might want to take a look at this article dated May 9, 2018 about Rear Adm. Tim Ziemer's firing (er, reassignment.)

From the article:
Ziemer, who had been described as one of the most quietly effective leaders in public health,” was widely lauded in the global health community for his work on the President’s Malaria Initiative, which helped save 6 million lives, before joining this administration.

“Admiral Ziemer’s departure is deeply alarming, especially when the administration is actively working to cut funds that addressed past pandemics like Ebola,” Rep. Ami Bera (D-Calif.), the vice ranking member of the foreign affairs committee, told HuffPost in a statement. “Expertise like his is critical in avoiding large outbreaks.”
Stop lying Cocksucker
Also a note about Tom Bossert from the same article:

"Tom Bossert, whom the Washington Post reported "had called for a comprehensive biodefense strategy against pandemic and biological attacks," had been fired one month prior.

It's thus true that the Trump administration axed the executive branch team responsible for coordinating a response to a pandemic and did not replace it..."

Tell me again that I'm the one lying about this.

https://www.huffpost.com/entry/tim-ziemer-global-health-security-leaves_n_5af37dfbe4b0859d11d02290

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT