ADVERTISEMENT

First year in Big 12

connerito

Four-Star Recruit
Jan 10, 2005
Baseball is playing well putting us as the only newcomer to be able to make postseason on the 3 bigtime sports in our first year We are the only newcomer to make postseason in football n basketball.

Charge on !!!!

Reactions: 90Knight
Probably B (or b-). Expected a little bit more in the football area, ironically I thought basketball competed ( I did not expect that).. The administration did make some big financial upgrades and the overall atmosphere at the sporting events can be incredible at times. Overall it’s been a solid first year imo.

Reactions: 90Knight
How long have we had the full BIG 12 budget in our hands? After 1 prior to being in Big 12 and 2 after being in BIG 12 rating is more reliable. Right now I would say a rating of promising is more exact.

Reactions: connerito
You're already putting is in the tournament in Baseball? Long way to go in the season.
No doubt. But we are the only new team that has a chance to reach the postseason in the three major sports. Baseball has played well so far but you were right. It is a very long season.

I think overall, UCF did a solid B to a B-. We have room to grow in all of our athletics but overall we were solid and met expectations. If we do the same thing next year, I would not give the same grade. But for a transition year, I think we looked solid. Out of the 4 new teams, unless Houston wins the entire NCAA tournament, I believe we are poised to be the best of the incoming teams. If we can maintain our success and build on it year over year, then we are really poised to be a national power house. The preseason polls had us in last place for basketball - the fact that we ended up in the post season is a tremendous feat as we defied all expectations. I figured football and baseball were going to be out top sports but the fact that we showed up for basketball was really impressive.

I think overall, UCF did a solid B to a B-. We have room to grow in all of our athletics but overall we were solid and met expectations. If we do the same thing next year, I would not give the same grade. But for a transition year, I think we looked solid. Out of the 4 new teams, unless Houston wins the entire NCAA tournament, I believe we are poised to be the best of the incoming teams. If we can maintain our success and build on it year over year, then we are really poised to be a national power house. The preseason polls had us in last place for basketball - the fact that we ended up in the post season is a tremendous feat as we defied all expectations. I figured football and baseball were going to be out top sports but the fact that we showed up for basketball was really impressive.
Football should’ve done better but they were in some games that they blew but the talent never looked overmatched. Baseball looks better and more organized.

Reactions: U C to the F
Football should’ve done better but they were in some games that they blew but the talent never looked overmatched. Baseball looks better and more organized.
I agree they could have done better in football. At least 3 of the losses could have been wins. However, the fact we were competitive in all but one game showed that we were ready for better competition. Because it was year one in the conference, my expectations were lower. I figured we would start recruiting bigger players once we were in the conference, not before it.

Next year is going to be tougher - we play in the Gator's house next year. If we win there, we will be in the driver's seat for recruiting. Maybe we can flip a handful of players to UCF.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT