ADVERTISEMENT

Fitter splashed by F-18

If this article is accurate and that is how it went down, I laugh as these countries thumbing their noses at what they know is superior firepower. I'll give them credit, they have balls.

What year is it?! An old 20 year old F-18E shooting down a likely 40+ year old SU-22.

If this article is accurate and that is how it went down, I laugh as these countries thumbing their noses at what they know is superior firepower. I'll give them credit, they have balls.

In the past they did this since they had no fear of our forces actually doing anything. Assad gassed his people AFTER Obama drew a red line and yet we did absolutely nothing. They have had total impunity to murder without consequence.

Now our forces have been delegated the right to actually defend themselves and our allied forces. These assholes likely won't try this again after being warned by US fighter jets to piss off.

Reactions: Knight_Light
In the past they did this since they had no fear of our forces actually doing anything. Assad gassed his people AFTER Obama drew a red line and yet we did absolutely nothing. They have had total impunity to murder without consequence.

Now our forces have been delegated the right to actually defend themselves and our allied forces. These assholes likely won't try this again after being warned by US fighter jets to piss off.

Perhaps.

Or Russia escalates by increasing their strikes against our allies or gets even friskier than normal up north during BALTOPS.

Oh for the love of God, why the hell are we over there? Obama just loved getting involved in more wars....

Could someone clearly explain to me who or what we are fighting? Wouldn't it be a bitch, if we shot down the good guys... We easily could be on the wrong side of history on this one.

"'A statement distributed by the Syrian military said that the aircraft’s lone pilot was killed in the attack and that the jet was carrying out a mission against the Islamic State."

Last edited:
After watching the video, I'm calling this whole story Fake News by the Trump administration.

I was in Sweden last year and people were telling me that there have been tons of incidents of Russian aircraft in their airspace dangerously close
To commercial airliners.

I was in Sweden last year and people were telling me that there have been tons of incidents of Russian aircraft in their airspace dangerously close
To commercial airliners.

Swedes don't mess around, they get real pissy if they even think you violated their airspace (even if they are wrong).

In regards to the splash down, that was the first air-to-air splash for US Pilot since 1999!!

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT