ADVERTISEMENT

Five Memphis Cops Charged with MURDER

KnighttimeJoe

Todd's Tiki Bar
May 29, 2001
I am sure we will get the regular cop defenders in here to justify this, but I don't know how. Seems pretty awful/evil anyway you slice it.

I’m pretty much done with the WC exercise but I’ll leave my thoughts. I think they beat the hell out of and killed the guy. Given what we’ve seen so far and the reactions of the Memphis officials (who have far more information than we do), it’s easy to conclude that they crossed the line between sanctioned and criminal behavior and the courts will deal with them now.

Doesn’t change the fact that the cameras don’t show everything and we don’t have all of the information right now. But there are easy conclusions to draw with what we’ve seen and they’re all charged with murder so you should be happy.

I’m pretty much done with the WC exercise but I’ll leave my thoughts. I think they beat the hell out of and killed the guy. Given what we’ve seen so far and the reactions of the Memphis officials (who have far more information than we do), it’s easy to conclude that they crossed the line between sanctioned and criminal behavior and the courts will deal with them now.

Doesn’t change the fact that the cameras don’t show everything and we don’t have all of the information right now. But there are easy conclusions to draw with what we’ve seen and they’re all charged with murder so you should be happy.
Happy? I get no satisfaction out of murder charges for those who are there to "protect and serve." Anyone who is "happy" about that has problems.

him screaming ‘’Mama’ JFC …

Just awful ..where is the Humanity
This is not an excuse but every police officer working the road for a decent amount of time has had multiple incidences of people screaming they can’t breathe, they’re dying, Mama, etc. in circumstances where they are just fine. After years of dealing with it regularly, it’s human to become somewhat numb to it. What’s different, of course, is that all of those other officers weren’t beating a guy to death.

This is not an excuse but every police officer working the road for a decent amount of time has had multiple incidences of people screaming they can’t breathe, they’re dying, Mama, etc. in circumstances where they are just fine. After years of dealing with it regularly, it’s human to become somewhat numb to it. What’s different, of course, is that all of those other officers weren’t beating a guy to death.
Or three houses down from where his mom actually lived—but there was no way on earth they’d actually have known that.

Or three houses down from where his mom actually lived—but there was no way on earth they’d actually have known that.
Eh, you never know. PDs hire locally and the officers and residents know each other frequently. My wife’s agency has a captain that grew up in the hood that she patrols and has family still. Her frequent flyers throw his name out quickly as if it’s a get out of jail free card.

Also, if you work zones where there are a lot of calls for service, you get to know quite a lot about it, including who lives where and who is related to who.

Last edited:
Eh, you never know. PDs hire locally and the officers and residents know each other frequently. My wife’s agency has a captain that grew up in the hood that she patrols and has family still. Her frequent flyers throw his name out quickly as if it’s a get out of jail free card.

Also, if you work zones where there are a lot of calls for service, you get to know quite a lot about it, including who lives where and who is related to who.
I was trying to give them the benefit of the doubt here.

Reactions: sk8knight
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT