ADVERTISEMENT

Follow-up on the basketball tidbit...

Brandon

Publisher
Staff
May 28, 2001
Winter Park, FL
www.ucfsports.com
On Wednesday I made the post about the team running session at 5 a.m. because one player wanted to skip class. I've since heard that everybody showed up at 5, EXCEPT the player who skipped class in the first place. He was the entire reason everybody was there.

The player in question has a track record showing a lack of effort, commitment and discipline so one wonders if he will be back. Dawkins is not going to coddle him.

Could be quite a few spots to fill. I'm just ordering by roster number and omitting the walk-ons. UCF is back at 13 scholarships, even though they played last season with only 12. And this is assuming no other departures.

1. BJ Taylor
2. AJ Davis
3. Adonys Henriquez
4. Tanksley Efianayi
5. Chad Brown
6. Chance McSpadden
7. Tacko Fall
8. Aubrey Dawkins (can't play this season)

9. Signee Jeremy Sheppard?
10. USC transfer Darion Clark?

Sheppard has been very vague in texts regarding his status. It does seem he wants to be at UCF though. Considering that Clayton Hughes' family is talking about reclassifying and he was kicked out of his private school with two months left in his senior year, well, I'm thinking that doesn't bode well for him making it to campus. Brachen Hazen already got his release.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News