ADVERTISEMENT

Football Scheduling C-USA? Marshall? Extending FAU? Southern Miss?

CFKnight

Silver Knight
Aug 5, 2009
We haven't seen much of White/Frost scheduling philosophy. Would you want to continue to have C-USA opponents?

We have had a lot of FIU recently.
FAU home and home starts in 2018

FIU stadium is terrible, one of the worst game day experiences possible. I'd rather play more games at the Trop then go back to FIU.

FAU sounds a lot better. We will see how the home and home goes. Would you want to extend that series?

What about scheduling old rivals? Marshall or Southern Miss?

I thought the AD, Danny, has a/the prime roll in scheduling. The schools need to make agreements involving all sorts of revenue and costs implications, calendar conflicts with other events, travel considerations, etc.

I agree. I don't care if FIU has beaten us twice. I'm done with that series. It's embarassing to go there. We aren't a program if we are playing in front of 5-7,000 fans and not on ANY TV. Sorry if that sounds snobbish, but it's factual.

I agree. I don't care if FIU has beaten us twice. I'm done with that series. It's embarassing to go there. We aren't a program if we are playing in front of 5-7,000 fans and not on ANY TV. Sorry if that sounds snobbish, but it's factual.

High schools draw better than FIU.

Reactions: Mikesi

5,000 - 7,000 is very generous. It was on BEin sports last year.

I would be fine with an annual OOC "rivalry" game with FAU. Set it up so that we travel there in years when usf plays at BHNS, and FAU plays here when we takeover the pirate ship. That way we are guaranteed as easy to drive away game each year. FAU has a nice stadium modeled upon BHNS.

Central Florida fits right in with FIU. 2nd tier.

Yeah, there stadium and fan base is low budget

As long as Coach Frost is here...he wants 7 home games per year...so that almost eliminates most home-home deals with CUSA teams located in areas UCF doesn't recruit in...hence why if UCF needs a close home-home deal to fill out a schedule having FAU or FIU on the schedule makes sense...especially from a recruiting point of view.

Next AD might end up with more power than the next head coach...and you might see UCF scale back to 6 home games and play more "pay day" road games or bad home-home deals in areas UCF doesn't recruit in and/or with teams with terrible TV contracts (i.e. home team's TV deal controls who shows it).

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT