ADVERTISEMENT

For Sim-Football People...starting over for season. (GAME 1, SC State @ UCF linked)

Would you watch LIVE CPU vs CPU simulations of UCF's matchups for 2022 if posted here with adjusted math to make them as realistic as possible? (Using a modified version of NCAA Revamped)

If so, what games are of most interest to see how the "math falls"? I am planning to do a "test run" of UCF vs SC State soon.
I'd scan through the list of final scores if posted here, just out of curiosity, with 0 intention of acting on the information (unless your model goes 11 for 11 heading into usf game) 😎👍

I'd scan through the list of final scores if posted here, just out of curiosity, with 0 intention of acting on the information (unless your model goes 11 for 11 heading into usf game) 😎👍
Actually have one running now. SC State @ UCF. More of a test really. Doing one a week.

EDIT: Stopped it early, got out of hand. [laughing]

Last edited:
Reactions: tjb74
Would you watch LIVE CPU vs CPU simulations of UCF's matchups for 2022 if posted here with adjusted math to make them as realistic as possible? (Using a modified version of NCAA Revamped)

If so, what games are of most interest to see how the "math falls"? I am planning to do a "test run" of UCF vs SC State soon.
Yes

Reactions: Yaes
In the SC State sim Plumlee wasn't running the offense very well and trying to do things himself too much. This wasn't how he played in the spring game. He ran the offense much better and ran himself less. His passing was much better too.

In the SC State sim Plumlee wasn't running the offense very well and trying to do things himself too much. This wasn't how he played in the spring game. He ran the offense much better and ran himself less. His passing was much better too.
He wasn’t live for Spring. That’s why he didn’t run. That’s why he was able to stand in pocket and not worry about getting hit. He will run more and have to throw while moving. It’s a video game simulation 2 months before. Not much more.

Reactions: mr. knightman
He wasn’t live for Spring. That’s why he didn’t run. That’s why he was able to stand in pocket and not worry about getting hit. He will run more and have to throw while moving. It’s a video game simulation 2 months before. Not much more.
I do these for fun, mostly. I put them on while cleaning, polishing guitars, etc.

But I also get under the hood so to speak and adjust sliders and study rosters a bit to make the sim longer, more realistic in number of plays (Max 90 or so plays) and speed variations between players more true to life. I have to run a few to get it right. People enjoy them also I guess. I didn't realize, but that one Louisville one has over 1,000 views... 🤣

I thought it was fun to watch and was only commenting that I hope we will see more of a #10 Plumlee QB job like KZ who got the ball to his play makers more than himself running the ball in order to use the talent we have on the field with him and save his body for making it through the season. Otherwise, it's Mikey time again which shows Mikey's advantage over Plumlee, he tries harder to run Gus' called play. The best of both worlds is the athleticism of Plumlee and the commitment of Mikey to run the called play.

I thought it was fun to watch and was only commenting that I hope we will see more of a #10 Plumlee QB job like KZ who got the ball to his play makers more than himself running the ball in order to use the talent we have on the field with him and save his body for making it through the season. Otherwise, it's Mikey time again which shows Mikey's advantage over Plumlee, he tries harder to run Gus' called play. The best of both worlds is the athleticism of Plumlee and the commitment of Mikey to run the called play.
Gus likes to call QB runs and draws from what I’ve read. He couldn’t with Dillon and Keene because they weren’t fast or big. Plumlee runs a 4.5. Gus will use that. Hopefully he’s smart about it and slides or goes out of bounds instead of taking hits. He wants his passing stats to be good as well I would assume. Time will tell.

Reactions: Knight Strength
Gus likes to call QB runs and draws from what I’ve read. He couldn’t with Dillon and Keene because they weren’t fast or big. Plumlee runs a 4.5. Gus will use that. Hopefully he’s smart about it and slides or goes out of bounds instead of taking hits. He wants his passing stats to be good as well I would assume. Time will tell.
I think I saw DG run more than Keene but that could be because DG was more experienced and saw the field better. Also could have been Gus keeping the game simple for Mikey as he was a true freshman.

The sims don’t seem to show JRP doing much in the passing game. I hope that is not the case this season. We’ve got so many receiving weapons.

The sims don’t seem to show JRP doing much in the passing game. I hope that is not the case this season. We’ve got so many receiving weapons.
If we are #3 in the poll and undefeated winning by 4+ scores i dont think anyone will care.

Yeah, this is just a "pre-season run", I will be running the season again each week parallel to actual games (typically the day before) and it should be more accurate then.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT