ADVERTISEMENT

Forbes list of Top College Towns....

"In second place was Orlando, Florida; home to a handful of schools, including Florida State, Florida A&M, the University of Central Florida and the Florida Institute of Technology, among many others. "

"In 55th place was Tampa, Florida, home to South Florida University (or SFU as they prefer to be called). While Tampa is a desirable city overall, the proximity of the SFU campus to the ghetto results in a ranking no higher than 55th."

The comments are pretty good regarding Rexburg at #3 :D

I didn’t read the comments but my wife went to BYU-I and I think she enjoyed the small town college feel. I mean the colllege essentially is that town from what I’m told. Regardless of it maybe being a nice place whenever she’s asked about it from someone her first response is always “it was sooo cold”. That’s from a Florida girl though.

Like Scott said best College Town in this State.

Some of that list is questionable but Orlando is a good college city. UCF, Rollins, Valencia, Full Sail all not too far from each other, good nightlife, and weather.

Another very underrated advantage that all Florida University student & student athletes have is proximity for a quick/cheaper Caribbean vacation. It's a lot cheaper for a UCF Football player to sneak in a quick 2 nights in the Bahamas around Spring Practice compared to a player at Iowa State

Not sure about Ann Arbor but Orlando has a Temple for LDS. Was the only one in state for many years. I think Miami has one now but not sure. LDS had to write this.

Not sure where you’re going with this. There are over 70 temples in the US so why would the writer single out Orlando because they have one? Columbus also has the only one in Ohio, Philadelphia has the only one in Pennsylvania... Besides the one in Orlando is technically in Windermere.

Not sure where you’re going with this. There are over 70 temples in the US so why would the writer single out Orlando because they have one? Columbus also has the only one in Ohio, Philadelphia has the only one in Pennsylvania... Besides the one in Orlando is technically in Windermere.
Maybe it's the writer's favorite.

Why are you coming off so angry at someone's observation?

Reactions: Poolside Knight
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT