ADVERTISEMENT

Ford is stopping all car production in N America

Side Note: Maybe this is why Ford's NASCAR Cup teams will have Mustang bodies next year I just thought it was a smart move...as the Fusion it whatever car they have us just plain boring).

I had a Ford Edge as a rental car a few weeks ago and it was surprisingly nice. I was impressed by the improvements they've made to the midsize SUV.

We have an Escape as a run around car at work and it gets 30 mpg. Gas won't impact them.

I'm not a Ford guy, but it's one of the most successful and profitable companies of the last 100 years, so they must know what they're doing. I'll be interested to see if they produce different varieties of these vehicles using other fuel sources on an expanded level.

so where are the cars like fiesta and focus going to be made? mexico?

Don't know but they won't even be sold here anymore. The dealers are going to be strictly trucks and SUVs. And Mustangs.

Don't know but they won't even be sold here anymore. The dealers are going to be strictly trucks and SUVs. And Mustangs.
oh damn i read that wrong. i thought it said they werent going to make them here anymore.

now that is just a stupid plan. there will always be a market for cars. maybe they feel they cant compete with the international brands anymore. i think this will hurt them.

We have a Focus hatchback, and we like it except for the awful transmission problem that forces us to get repairs 2-3x a year. Thankfully the two parts have extended warranties. We were looking at trading it in next year for an Escape, but may go the Hyundai route instead.

oh damn i read that wrong. i thought it said they werent going to make them here anymore.

now that is just a stupid plan. there will always be a market for cars. maybe they feel they cant compete with the international brands anymore. i think this will hurt them.

They really don't sell them now. Drive by a Ford lot and all they have are trucks and SUVs on the lot, very few cars. These small SUVs are pretty much cars, like the Escape, Tuscon, Rav4, Cherokee, etc. Get the same gas mileage and more room.

I just got a 2017 Ford Fusion Hybrid Energi a few days ago. I've gone 270 miles on the tank of gas I've left the dealer with, and still have more than a half tank left! It has Android Auto which is awesome as well. This is how I justified buying such a "boring" car.

Reactions: UCFWayne
This is certainly a bold move, I have no idea how it will play out for them, especially hearing that they plan on keeping all their plants open and not firing any employees.

The dealers are going to be strictly trucks and SUVs. And Mustangs.

While on my way to Amalie Saturday, to throw a bunch of cash down the toilet, I saw the Ford dealer outside of Lakeland and it was huge lot with nothing but trucks.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT