Former UCF Baseball player Drew Faintich has cancer

Brandon

Publisher
Staff
May 28, 2001
Winter Park, FL
www.ucfsports.com
From the GoFundMe:

Many of you may know Drew from Tallahassee, Austin, or his years growing up playing baseball both across the country ( Lima Locos, Edenton Steamers) and while at UCF in Orlando.

He is my little brother and best friend. Drew can be described as a fit, enthusiastic, outgoing, caring and always-making-you-laugh 26-year-old. In early September 2021, Drew was diagnosed with aggressive Stage 3 Testicular Cancer, which completely shocked us all. He originally began not feeling so well having some sharp pains in his abdomen and swelling. A few weeks later he ended up at the emergency doctor from having severe pain while spitting and urinating blood. His swelling was from a 6.1 cm tumor that was eventually removed via surgery on September 13th. After the surgery, his urologist and oncologist confirmed his cancer metastasized to his lymph nodes in abdomen area, ( one that is 10cm) liver and lungs.

While Testicular cancer is rare, with only 20,000 cases per year, it is a curable cancer with the right treatment, support, and specialized resources.

With that being said, cancer does not wait and neither should we. By contributing, you are helping fund the following expenses along with providing emotional support. Anything and everything is greatly appreciated, even a simple share to family and friends or a donation that’s the price of a cup of coffee. Drew has always been there for me and everyone he loves and is one of the strongest people I know, both physically and mentally. It has been hard seeing such a smart active person in so much pain and being dealt this card at such a young age. It’s time to rally and send all of our love, good vibes, and positive support for him to get through this!!!

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News