ADVERTISEMENT

Former USF Coach Jim Leavitt on the radar as new UCF HC

I find it hard to believe that we'd go after somebody who has a history of putting his hands on players (with our previous scandals, such as Plancher) and recruiting high academic risk kids (with how GOL has given the university positive cred with some of the highest academic success in the country for his kids).

Let's give Leavitt a chance here. He was the first coach of an upstart program at USF. They didn't have much money and they had no tradition. So he had to probably go after more risky guys than unusual. That doesn't mean he will need to do the same here. UCF isn't an upstart program. We have great facilities, campus, good academics and location. We have won conference championships and BCS bowls. The schools sells itself, we just need a hungry coach who loves to recruit this state which is what Leavitt loves to do. He has the relationships with the high school coaches in this state. It was well documented that Oleary didn't like courting high school
coaches. Recruiting is all about relation-
ships. Amazing that Oleary couldn't adjust his ideals to help us get better
players when he was coach.

I'm still proud of what Oleary did. He
helped put us on the map. Now we need a guy that can help us get better
talent, raise the level of play and hopefully usher us into a P5 soon.

This is a very exciting time right now for
UCF. This will probably be Dr. Hitts last
time he will hire an AD and FB coach. He needs to get this one right. The future of our program for the next decade will be affected by these hires.

Come on biatches. You all ready to let this rumor die out already? Beaker, Beaker, Beaker!! You know this would drive our friends at S. Florida absolutely nutzos

Reactions: baselinetom
Come on biatches. You all ready to let this rumor die out already? Beaker, Beaker, Beaker!! You know this would drive our friends at S. Florida absolutely nutzos
Ha...True..It may be dying out in here...but, I doubt it's dying in Hitt's mind..should be interesting to watch

Reactions: Boston.Knight2
UCF gave GOL a second chance. Just saying. If he's cleaned up his act I'd take him. Big possibility of building a perennial top 25 team, dontcha think?

USF had talented teams. More talent than we did during most of his tenure. However, that didn't always translate into consistency and they never were ranked at the end of a season. That doesn't mean that he couldn't do this with UCF.

So we will recruit academic risks, win out of conference games, but lose all the in-conference one's... Sounds like a real winner.
I bet he could get even our sorry current team to beat USF.. He was a heck of a coach for big games, trouble was all that emotion can't last for 12 games. He is a great coach but not ideal HC for UCF.

I am a long time alumni. Haven't posted much, but read daily. This would not be who we are looking for. Having sat in the stadium with 500 at the ole C. Bowl we are moving in the right direction. Yeah this year is a let down, but we want to bring in a coach that brings us to the next level. AAC is shaping up nicely

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT