***Four-star DB Brandon Jacob Mega Thread - July 20 Announcement***

Brandon

Publisher
Staff
May 28, 2001
Winter Park, FL
www.ucfsports.com
d1bzs22tyj8h09lqku5d

Brandon Jacob, a four-star defensive back from Evans, likes a lot of things about UCF. But the one aspect that stands out the most to the "Hometown Hero" is Gus Malzahn and his coaching staff.

Jacob recently took his first official visit to UCF for Bounce House Weekend.

"It went great," Jacob said. "I got involved with the whole coaching staff. They made me feel like I'm at home. I felt real comfortable with the coaching staff and the players. It's a great feeling."

He's already familiar with a lot of players, including Tyree Patterson, Braeden Marshall, Hudson Gibbs and John Walker.

What's his favorite thing when it comes to the Knights?

"The coaching staff makes you feel like a priority," Jacob said. "That was big... It's more than football here. It's the education, the brotherhood, the manhood. You're more than a football player here."

As one of the top players nationally, Jacob certainly has options. He recently listed a top 12 that includes UCF, Texas A&M, Penn State, Miami, Michigan, Kentucky, Colorado, Duke, South Carolina, Alabama, Ohio State and Maryland.

Staying at home is something he's strongly considering.

"I could play in front of my family every game," Jacob said. "I'd run out of the tunnel knowing my mom is in the crowd. It won't be a problem for her getting here being just 30 minutes from the house. That's huge for me."

Being local, Jacob has followed UCF through the years.

"Growing up in Orlando, of course you're a UCF fan and watch the games," Jacob said. "I've been waiting for the time to come with the offer."

UCF moving into the Big 12 is a huge plus.

"That's huge," Jacob said. "Competition wise, in the Big 12 you're going to play the best of the best. You'll play against people that will go to the League, which is where you want to go too."

Jacob just visited Texas A&M and is going to Maryland this weekend. He's planning a commitment prior to his senior year, probably in August.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News