***Four-star DE Michael Riles: 'I loved everything about UCF'***

Brandon

Publisher
Staff
May 28, 2001
Winter Park, FL
www.ucfsports.com
fvucvzijdvalz7gplh5f

UCF has shot up the list for a four-star defensive end from Texas.

Michael Riles of Port Arthur Memorial visited Orlando late last week to attend the Knights' spring game. That's also the hometown and high school alma mater of UCF running backs coach Kam Martin, who is recruiting him.

"That's my guy," Riles said of Martin. "I've known him since I was like five years old. My uncle and him played together in high school. It was great seeing him. He's like family."

Riles was offered by UCF in March 2023, not long after Martin returned to Gus Malzahn's staff. Last week was his first visit to UCF.

"Definitely not my last," Riles said. "I got in Friday morning. When I got there I met with the coaches and got a campus tour. I loved everything about UCF. I love everything there. It feels like a small town. I loved the coaches. Coach (Ted) Roof, Coach Malzahn, I loved all them. That's a great coaching staff."

Riles said he could see himself playing for a head coach like Malzahn.

"Coach Malzahn was great to talk to," he said. "I also met his wife. I just loved the connection. I really felt that way with everybody. They told that I'm definitely their No. 1 defensive lineman they're looking at. That's a great thing to hear. They compared me to Tre'Mon Morris-Brash, who played for them last year. They said they liked how I get off the ball and the tempo that I play with."

Riles enjoyed the spring game too.

"The spring game was crazy," he said. "I liked how they played a first half and then in the second half did different competitions, like a man racing a horse. I loved all that. It was great to watch."

Riles is planning to return for an official visit, which will likely be Bounce House Weekend on May 31.

What does he like most about UCF?

"Just knowing that I have trust in them as a coaching staff," Riles said. "I know they'll get me where I need to be on and off the field."

Riles was planning to visit Texas A&M (Thursday) and Oklahoma State (Friday) later this week. He has a lengthy offer list that also includes USC, Houston, SMU, Texas, Baylor, Missouri, TCU, Florida, Georgia Tech and Nebraska.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News