***Four-star OL Eddy Pierre-Louis 'blown away' by UCF coaching staff***

Brandon

Publisher
Staff
May 28, 2001
Winter Park, FL
www.ucfsports.com
ey2qrhmr8chb3xqy06km

Tampa (Fla.) Catholic's Eddy Pierre-Louis, a four-star prospect and the nation's No. 2 ranked offensive guard, loved his visit to UCF for Bounce House Weekend.

"The OV went great," Pierre-Louis said. "A lot of people were here, some great recruits. Everybody was having a great time. Everybody was smiling. It was great going out with the players. We were right in Orlando, so it's a real good spot."

Chidoziri Maghiro was his player host.

"Adrian (Medley) was also with me," Pierre-Louis said. "(Chido) was showing me around. He's a fifth-year senior so he knows everywhere in Orlando, taking me to the chill spots. Just telling me how it is."

Pierre-Louis has known offensive line coach Herb Hand for years. Hand recruited his brother, Richard Gouraige, a Class of 2018 player who recently graduated from Florida. He felt a close connection with all the coaches.

"Hanging out with the coaching staff was great," Pierre-Louis said. "Everybody had a smile on their face. They weren't worried about recruiting. Just worried about us having a great time and making sure everybody was good... They took it to the next level this weekend. I was blown away. It was amazing seeing those coaches and how they do things. A lot of coaches can't compare to that."

He feels he would be a good fit in UCF's offensive line.

"I feel I can fit in with their scheme," Pierre-Louis said. "They do a lot of RPO and they do a lot of pulling plays. I think I'd fit in well."

The scavenger hunt was a blast. Pierre-Louis said the recruits split up into position groups with the task of finding certain landmarks on campus. As for his favorite car on display, he loved the Mercedes-Benz AMG GT R.

"It looked like the Batmobile," Pierre-Louis said.

What stands out about UCF?

"It's right in Orlando," Pierre-Louis said. "There's a lot of opportunity for NIL and for everybody to have a great image. The coaches. They play a key factor. They can turn things around and make Orlando lit."

Pierre-Louis explained what will go into his decision process.

"I'm looking for the city," he said. "If you're gonna be there 3-4 years, make sure it's a perfect fit for you. Academics are key. If I get injured, I need a backup plan with the degree. The coaching staff as well."

A business major is likely. Post-football, Pierre-Louis is looking to get into the culinary industry.

"I want to have my own restaurant," he said. "Soul food, Haitian food."

His favorite Haitian food is legim.

"Haitians know what that is," Pierre-Louis said. "That's my mom's famous dish that she makes for me. It's like black beans and rice."

Pierre-Louis recently dropped a top 10 that included UCF, Miami, Alabama, Oklahoma, Oregon, Florida, Georgia, Tennessee, USC and Texas A&M. He has an upcoming official visit to Oklahoma (June 9) and may visit Georgia later this month too.

"I'm not sure yet," Pierre-Louis said when asked about a decision time frame. "I'm not too worried about a commitment right now."

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News