***Four-star TE Tayvion Galloway gets "home type feeling" from UCF ⚔️🏈

Brandon

Publisher
Staff
May 28, 2001
Winter Park, FL
www.ucfsports.com
jfwxdl1vgugx0xp5h7vw

Four-star tight end Tayvion Galloway was a longtime commitment to LSU before reopening his recruitment early last week. The Pickerington Central (Ohio) star saw a flurry of new interest, including from UCF and he promptly booked an official visit for this past weekend.

"I had a great time," Galloway said after his UCF trip. "I feel like it's a real genuine relationships down here. Everything they're preaching to me about the family is true. I feel like the whole time I was down here they never tried to throw a recruiting pitch on me. They showed me what they have on the table, what they're offering and what it would be like if I was here. I definitely got the home type feeling from here. I loved it."

Galloway got the full UCF and Orlando experience.

"This is where people come to vacation," he said. "I might possibly make it my home one day... When we first got here, we did a little walking around Universal. We got on the ferry and rode around in that. We got some good food at the Cowfish. I think that's the main thing I did, ate a lot of good food. That's a great thing for me being down here in Florida. The food is a little different than Ohio."

Much of the focus was bonding with the coaching staff, particularly tight ends coach Brian Blackmon.

"It was just a really good time," Galloway said. "We ate a lot of food, so we got to connect over lunch and dinners. Got to really sit down and chat it up. I got to meet the coaches' wives. They've got a real cool family. It's real genuine connections. I feel like everything was just real genuine and how they approached it."

As a junior, Galloway caught 36 passes for 697 yards and six touchdowns. Pickerington Central High School is located just outside Columbus.

"They're telling me the focal point of their offense is going to be the tight ends," Galloway said of UCF. "I feel like I'm a tight end who does a lot. I'm versatile. They were basically letting me know they have plans for me. It's a big opportunity to come in and basically get playing time right away and be able to do my thing as long as I prep myself for that position."

He enjoyed getting to know Gus Malzahn.

"I love Coach Gus," Galloway said. "He's a real genuine dude. He keeps everything real. He's really down to earth too. He has a lot of history behind him. I got to learn a lot about him."

After taking everything in, what does he like about UCF?

"The biggest thing that stands out to me is the family and the genuineness of everybody," Galloway said. "I feel like that's the biggest thing for me. Connections go a long way. They're people who want to have connections more than just football. For the next 40 years of your life, not just the next four."

Galloway will take a midweek official visit to Purdue, scheduled Thursday through Thursday. He said many more schools have reached out, including Miami, Alabama and USC.

"For me, location isn't a big deal at all," Galloway said. "To me, I'd rather be further away. I love being in southern areas or warm great weather like this. I'm a big fan of that. I love the food down here. There's a lot of good hospitality down this way. I love that. I feel like what's going to really factor into my decision is the relationships. Somewhere that's a right fit for me. On the football field, off the football field. I feel like God is going to help me make that decision."

Galloway isn't sure when he'll be ready to make his final decision.

"I'm not putting a time stamp on it," he said. "I'm taking it day by day. God will let me know."

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News