ADVERTISEMENT

Fracking in Florida

I'm all for alternative energy sources but this is a mistake if they allow it. The documentaries about this are enough to make you sick. Lighting my tap water on fire is where I draw the line.

I'm all for alternative energy sources but this is a mistake if they allow it. The documentaries about this are enough to make you sick. Lighting my tap water on fire is where I draw the line.
I agree. Im all for finding new ways/better ways to get energy. However, 1 mistake could screw up the entire states water supply. Its just not worth it.

think most polling supports a Statewide ban, the worst case scenario is too devastating for a State that relies so much on Tourism & now has over 20 Million residents

think most polling supports a Statewide ban, the worst case scenario is too devastating for a State that relies so much on Tourism & now has over 20 Million residents

...which is about 19 million too many. Maybe fracking will drive them the hell back to where they came from.

Reactions: 1ofTheseKnights
I just read an article where the total population of Wyoming just dropped below 600K. That is glorious. Cold, snow and wind >>>> 19.4M asshats.

2 points...
A good frack in the morning makes the whole day better.

I like Fracking on the beach myself.

Obama was pro-fracking/natural gas expansion...and the industry never grew at a faster rate than during his administration.

If Obama administration said fracking for more natural gas (better for the environment) was a good thing, then I guess it is.

Obama was pro-fracking/natural gas expansion...and the industry never grew at a faster rate than during his administration.

If Obama administration said fracking for more natural gas (better for the environment) was a good thing, then I guess it is.
There may be correlation between Obama's pro nat-gas exploration stance and industry growth; but, there's absolutely no causation. The marriage of hydraulic fracking and horizontal drilling was pioneered by George Mitchell. Mitchell invested tons of his company's money, along with DOE research and resources and federal subsidies (pre-Obama), to make the practice economically viable. That is what led to the natural gas boom.

Oh, and fuk that sht here in Florida.

Florida should focus on solar. The county my wife is from in PA, has over 1000 natural gas wells. It's provided some benefits but also caused issues, not just environmental.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT