ADVERTISEMENT

Franchises

MACHater02

Diamond Knight
Gold Member
Aug 19, 2003
Saint Petersburg, Fl
Anyone on here have any experience with being a franchisee? Whether its vending machines\cleaning services from the back of a magazine or sit down restaurants. What was your experience?

Anyone on here have any experience with being a franchisee? Whether its vending machines\cleaning services from the back of a magazine or sit down restaurants. What was your experience?
I owned two Jimmy John franchises a few years ago. Big risk, unless you own at least two you're wasting your time.

Reactions: UCFhonors
Generally speaking the bigger the company name, the better the odds of success. But then you also pay for that safety.
McDonalds, BK, or Wendys you likely have an 75% success rate or more, Taco Peetes Italian Taco's not so much.
Personally If I couldn't afford a known brand, I would venture out on my own.

I owned two Jimmy John franchises a few years ago. Big risk, unless you own at least two you're wasting your time.
If all you're going to do is be an owner, then yes, it's a big risk as you are literally at the mercy of your management team. But if you're going to invest your time as well as your money, owning one location may be worth the investment. It depends on the franchise and the agreement.

Oh, and JJ's sucks. Don't own them.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT