ADVERTISEMENT

Frank Solich had a .753 winning % at Nebraska and they threw him under the bus:

SADUCFKNIGHT17

Bronze Knight
Gold Member
Sep 11, 2017
0-17*
and Pelini .710 and they fired him, too. Better win it all or you’re toast there. But now you have to beat tOSU, Michigan and Penn State year in and out while having a 3 year rebuild as well. That’s why nobody wants the job and they wound up with Riley.*

Last edited:
True on both counts, however rumor has it Solich was an alcoholic and Pelini was/is a raging maniac who could not control his anger.

It may have been tough to keep an alcoholic like Solich after St Tom Osborne held reigns for a few decades. That might be the big deal.

Solich got a cheerleader pregnant and was struggling with keeping recruits. The alcohol incident didn’t happen until he was with Ohio Univ. but when you walk downtown lincoln and he’s partying with the fans at the bars after the game..one would tend to think by deductive reasoning that it didn’t start when he first got to Ohio.

Reactions: trooper141
Believe it was 17-18 years. Osborne was great at smoothing things over with many players and a few coaches.

As a life long resident of Western Iowa, near Omaha, I'm just giving you one of the main reason that Solich was fired, according to the rumor mill.

You may not like it, or agree but that was the word. I'm no Nebraska fan but many out here are.

Yeah I had heard the cheerleader thing too. Thought that was at Ohio.

Also Solich was coaching while Frost was playing so Frost would have a pretty good grasp on why he was fired.

Last edited:
If Frost wouid ever go to Nebraska, he wouid have to win his division of the Big-10 almost every year, win the CCG at least half of the time and be in the top 10-15 in the CFP poll every year with an occasional playoff birth and a national championship. Otherwise he's a failure

If he didn't do the above, his legendary status at University of Nebraska would be tarnished, he would be fired and his overall coaching value diminished for years. Tough task at this time with the present Big-10 rival coaching competition Good luck.

He knocked up a players girlfriend. Comes back and visits the kid still.
Not sure why he was that dumb. He is a good coach tho. Also TO's hand picked successor.

Reactions: SADUCFKNIGHT17
Here's a harsh truth for all of us...

Nebraska only cares about Frost now because he's a proven winner as a HC. That's it. The rest is blowing sunshine up his butt to get him to Lincoln.

Here's the tough part...

If he starts losing at UCF, we'd run him out on a (mono)rail too.

These coaches all know this. Frost more than most because of his history as a player at NU.They don't stay or leave because of how the fans treat them.

The expectations are getting pretty crazy at these Big name schools. Be careful about stepping into these coaching positions because the probability is high that you could be on the receiving end of this song...

Those were 2 off the field

I'm guessing right before he got fired. So 15 years ago.

My man Frankie S look like...

pick-up-artist.jpeg

and Pelini .710 and they fired him, too. Better win it all or you’re toast there. But now you have to beat tOSU, Michigan and Penn State year in and out while having a 3 year rebuild as well. That’s why nobody wants the job and they wound up with Riley.*
That's what you're going to get at Florida as a head coach....unreal expectations and high pressure (did I mention the pay check) :)

If you don't win a national championship...you're out.

Reactions: ucfversusbcs
They are just crapping all over Riley too. Frosty must be psyched. The inmates (boosters) are running the asylum over there.

They are just crapping all over Riley too. Frosty must be psyched. The inmates (boosters) are running the asylum over there.
I know. Frost must think they are handling this in such a classy way. Additionally, he knows Mike Riley. Mike Riley probably is telling him to stay the hell away

I am legitimately surprised at how Nebraska fans and Florida fans have reacted to the Frost rumors exactly the opposite of what I would have predicted. Florida has prett much stayed away and well....we know the other side.

Reactions: Mikesi

Our AD at the time fired Solich because of a few boosters. Slouch had a 6-6 record the year before and they were probably upset at that. Nebraska's don't like to lose and may have thought we were a quasi pro team in the past. We found out real fast that Callahan's West Coast offense wasn't going to work for us...and he was out.
Pelini was a hot-head and embarrassed the whole state of Nebraska. Even though he had 9 game win seasons, he had to go.
Riley was a mistake from the get-go. Bringing in a .540 winning coach was a losing proposition to begin with. Many fans wanted SF back three years ago but our AD at the time didn't even ask Scott if he wanted the position.

Our AD at the time fired Solich because of a few boosters. Slouch had a 6-6 record the year before and they were probably upset at that. Nebraska's don't like to lose and may have thought we were a quasi pro team in the past. We found out real fast that Callahan's West Coast offense wasn't going to work for us...and he was out.
Pelini was a hot-head and embarrassed the whole state of Nebraska. Even though he had 9 game win seasons, he had to go.
Riley was a mistake from the get-go. Bringing in a .540 winning coach was a losing proposition to begin with. Many fans wanted SF back three years ago but our AD at the time didn't even ask Scott if he wanted the position.

Exactly my point about the inmates running the asylum. Weak management from president down.

I’ll also add that Nebraska blew its shot with frost. The Nebraska way to get frost was very quietly through backchannels. This public power grab will backfire

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT