ADVERTISEMENT

Friday Night Big-12 Action. BYU @SMU ESPN2

Central Floridave

Todd's Tiki Bar
Aug 21, 2001
Hard to believe BYU is an underdog to SMU...but, that's why they play the games!!!

"Don’t look now, but BYU is a hefty 10.5-point underdog Friday night against also-undefeated SMU here in Big D, although the Cougars are 4-0 all-time against the Mustangs. Kickoff is at 5 p.m. MDT at intimate, 32,000-seat Gerald J. Ford Stadium, and the nonconference matchup will be televised by ESPN2."

Can double-digit underdog Cougars pull off another September surprise?​

Story by Jay Drew
Link: https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/ot...ll-off-another-september-surprise/ar-AA1q5ocY

Money talks...The boosters are willing to do whatever it takes

One excerpt: "the Boulevard Collective signed every football and basketball player to standard NIL deals of $36,000 annually"

SMU Billionaires (ESPN - Long Read)

SMU should be a lot better than what they have shown so far this year, returning 16 starters for a team that won 9 straight last year and got ranked averaging 39 points a game, before losing to Castellanos in a bowl game.

Reactions: Central Floridave
NFL game is on peacock. I think my subscription is still good from the olympics. But, main watch is BYU.

I think BYU has a chance because SMU has sloppy Arkansas oline seconds.

(No correlation to UCF intended.)

BYU 18 - SMU 15. Final.

I was wondering why smu was getting hyped. They sucked.
I never got the SMU hype. It was funny how much love they were getting with a big jump up in competition. Like no one thought they would struggle with the move up to the ACC and the depth needed? The AAC was pathetically weak last year.

Reactions: Central Floridave
BYU defense was pretty good! They have speed and they are super aggressive. Will be an interesting matchup, BYU @UCF. Oct 26th. Probably gonna be a halloween dress up knight. Charge On!

And, I bet on BYU for the upset. Won! I really never bought into the SMU hype. I watched the first quarter, then the 4th quarter. SMU attendance was horrible. Looked like a C-USA game.

And, I bet on BYU for the upset. Won! I really never bought into the SMU hype. I watched the first quarter, then the 4th quarter. SMU attendance was horrible. Looked like a C-USA game.
they had rich guys in smoky rooms buy their way in

they don’t deserve to be in a Power Conference..attendance is always pathetic there

Reactions: DaShuckster
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT