ADVERTISEMENT

Frosty recruiting in FL

wagers

Two-Star Recruit
Sep 8, 2001
Lane Kiffin just signed with FAU. Now Frost has to recruit against Fisher, McIlwain, Richt, Strong, Butch, Lane. So does he get 7th choice of recruits or use George's GA connections?

Wow! You reported that just after it was announced. Nice.
What was he thinking? Bottom of the barrel G5, but at recruiting center USA. He's a recruiter.
Also, Sentinel reports the Baylor Wackos have only ONE recruit in their 2017 class!!!

McCelwain is easily the worst recruiter on that list but he is the Gators coach so Top 20 classes are guaranteed without trying

The Bulls fans attempt to act like Frost is going to take a backseat is comical, just a week ago your fans were begging for Oregon to take him from UCF

McCelwain is easily the worst recruiter on that list but he is the Gators coach so Top 20 classes are guaranteed without trying

The Bulls fans attempt to act like Frost is going to take a backseat is comical, just a week ago your fans were begging for Oregon to take him from UCF

Very disappointed in Coach Mac's 3 stars. I figured he would be more competitive with an entire year and what he showed he could do in his first year. Jimbo is curb stomping him.

Reactions: Poolside Knight
Should be fun to watch Lane and Butch in south FL. Not sure how many will watch in person though.

https://n.rivals.com/news/sunshine-stars-florida-s-seven-fbs-schools-led-by-elite-recruiters

UCF
mmmszgsqt7d1ipqezcjp

Coach: Scott Frost

Seasons as head coach: 1

Record as head coach 6-6

Previous head coaching stops: None

Highest-ranked class: No. 42 in 2016

Top player signed as head coach: Dredrick Snelson (No. 222 in 2016)

Notes: Frost has less head coaching experience than any man on this list, but he brings youth and an impressive trajectory. The fact that he turned a winless team into a postseason member in just one season is not lost on players in the state of Florida. Frost can sell tangible, on-field results at his current school, which is something three other coaches on this list are without. UCF’s location in the middle of the state will also help him reach into different areas. Frost arrived in Florida from his post as Oregon’s offensive coordinator without much of a reputation but he’s wasted no time building one.

I don't think we should understimate him. He did big things at Louavul.
Like what? Finishing tied with two other schools in 2011, or tied with three other teams in 2012. That's .58 conference titles, which I guess is better than zero. Yeah, they won lots of games but almost no hardware. I'll give them the Sugar Bowl win over UF. solid win in s big game.

Like what? Finishing tied with two other schools in 2011, or tied with three other teams in 2012. That's .58 conference titles, which I guess is better than zero. Yeah, they won lots of games but almost no hardware. I'll give them the Sugar Bowl win over UF. solid win in s big game.
The program was alosing program when he arrived. He brought up to a level that allows it ti enjoy the recruiting draw that it has now. I'm not a fan of his or of Louavul football, but he did greatly strengthen the image of that program leading to more powerful recruiting there based on the school name now.

Those guys still have to sell FAU, FIU and USF. The first two are hard sells. The last one...well, yeah, you get to play in an NFL stadium, but if no one is there to watch it, did it happen?

Also, at USF they have to play every game with a helmet that has two penises heading straight for the earholes. Let it never be said that those players couldn't hear dick.

LOL...would read again...

"Also, at USF they have to play every game with a helmet that has two penises heading straight for the earholes. Let it never be said that those players couldn't hear dick."

Those guys still have to sell FAU, FIU and USF. The first two are hard sells. The last one...well, yeah, you get to play in an NFL stadium, but if no one is there to watch it, did it happen?

Also, at USF they have to play every game with a helmet that has two penises heading straight for the earholes. Let it never be said that those players couldn't hear dick.
Go Bulls!!!!!!!!!! That was a good one.

I see that we have the 42nd ranked class on Rivals.com. That seems pretty decent to me. Am I missing something?

It would be nice to get another 1-2 LBs and offensive lineman obviously.

I see that we have the 42nd ranked class on Rivals.com. That seems pretty decent to me. Am I missing something?

It would be nice to get another 1-2 LBs and offensive lineman obviously.
I agree but i think/hope we will at least be ok, if not impressive, at LB. We have 3 LBs in this class and 3 who redshirted from last year. Also, Evans rarely played this season as a freshman but looks good to step in. Jasinski, Shaquem, Davis and Burkett return.

For OL, yes let's bring in another stud if possible.

Antwan Owens being predicted as flip to USF due to Strong arrival. Last minute flips to be expected. Last year we finished pretty good when the dust settled on all this activity.

Antwan Owens being predicted as flip to USF due to Strong arrival. Last minute flips to be expected. Last year we finished pretty good when the dust settled on all this activity.
this Collier commit might help hold on to Owens based on his reaction

The USF Fan OP's trolling attempt is going to look dumb if Frost finishes comfortably ahead of USF, F_Us in recruiting.

If things hold and a few good surprises it will be the 2nd best class in the AAC behind Houston, 1st in the East division 2 years straight.

Last edited:
this Collier commit might help hold on to Owens based on his reaction

The USF Fan OP's trolling attempt is going to look dumb if Frost finishes comfortably ahead of USF, F_Us in recruiting.

If things hold and a few good surprises it will be the 2nd best class in the AAC behind Houston, 1st in the East division 2 years straight.
FAU signed the QB that punched woman at FSU. That's what Kiffen will do to be relevant. He will pay kids too if he can find takers.

Reactions: Mikesi
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT