ADVERTISEMENT

FSU

ucfjosh2000

Silver Knight
Jan 29, 2003
Orlando, FL
FSU had almost the exact same thing happen to them that we had happen to us in 2018. We were in the mix for a playoff spot that year and the Milton got injured and the selection committee had their excuse to leave us out. Now FSU gets left out after Travis goes down and they are talking about leaving the ACC and everything. It’ll be interesting to see how they play in the bowl game. UCF gave Joe Burrow led LSU a good run with Mack as QB. Will FSU put up a fight against Georgia?

I’ve pointed this out on a number of sites and in private conversations. The fsu fans were completely oblivious to the fact that it is an invitational, not a true playoff with rules for entry…..it is about attractive TV matchups and that is all. That is why all the objective computer models from the BCS era were set aside….. because we would have been a top 4 team in 2018 and fsu this year. And fsu had NO backup QBs worth a crap.

As far as what they do against Georgia depends on opt outs…..Jared Verse opted out yesterday….not good for them.

FSU had almost the exact same thing happen to them that we had happen to us in 2018. We were in the mix for a playoff spot that year and the Milton got injured and the selection committee had their excuse to leave us out. Now FSU gets left out after Travis goes down and they are talking about leaving the ACC and everything. It’ll be interesting to see how they play in the bowl game. UCF gave Joe Burrow led LSU a good run with Mack as QB. Will FSU put up a fight against Georgia?
I never heard news media or comittee use Milton's injury as a reason for keeping us out.

That's simply not true.

They just left us out bc of our schedule and conference we played in.

It's an invitational they can basically do whatever they want. But the state wasn't sticking up for us in a legal battle which is pathetic I think all around. Hopefully when they go to 12 teams they have some criteria but I highly doubt it.

It's an invitational they can basically do whatever they want. But the state wasn't sticking up for us in a legal battle which is pathetic I think all around. Hopefully when they go to 12 teams they have some criteria but I highly doubt it.
No, you will never see objectivity brought back in, at least 5-6 conference champions are guaranteed before Dr Pepper puts on a dog and pony show so a 3 loss Alabama can still get in.

Reactions: jtGoldenKnights
There were plenty of mentions in the media about inside info that Milton’s injury gave them the excuse they wanted if they had needed it…..unfortunately, no one stood up for us……fuking arresco, I hope he ends up as Hitler’s roommate.

Jim Phillips handled it much better

Reactions: CBlackwellRN
I never heard news media or comittee use Milton's injury as a reason for keeping us out.

That's simply not true.

They just left us out bc of our schedule and conference we played in.
I don't think they let us in even with a healthy Milton, but I think the outcry would've been much greater outside the UCF circle around the nation if Milton was healthy.

They have a ton of starters sitting out. Probably Georgia will as well. Who knows how games like this turn out.

Nope. Same baseless, subjective criteria will be used to determine who gets bye-weeks...still garbage.

Reactions: jtGoldenKnights
Nope. Same baseless, subjective criteria will be used to determine who gets bye-weeks...still garbage.
Yeah, if it were up to me. The top 4 would be the Top 4 ranked Conference Champions. The 5th Conference champion is the 5 seed and gets a home game. and then 6-12 is seeded by ranking. That 5th seed would likely be a non-power school, it'd be fun to see some powerhouse have to go on the road to Tulane or Boise State or something.

be fun to see some powerhouse have to go on the road to Tulane or Boise State or something.
I wouldn’t watch that…..99% of G5 stadiums are ghost towns…..and can you imagine the travel nightmare getting to some of these out of the way places (excepting places like NO)

• Dislike
Reactions: U C to the F
I wouldn’t watch that…..99% of G5 stadiums are ghost towns…..and can you imagine the travel nightmare getting to some of these out of the way places (excepting places like NO)
Good Lord, we've been in a P5 conference for a couple of months and this is the attitude. Alright then. If you think G5 stadiums wouldn't be sold out for a playoff game, I don't know what to tell you.

Last edited:
I don't think they let us in even with a healthy Milton, but I think the outcry would've been much greater outside the UCF circle around the nation if Milton was healthy.
Nope. They kept us at arms-length in 2018. But, if Milton had year 3 (2019) we would very likely had been on a potential 39 game winning streak going into the bowls in 2019 (at least 38-1 even if we lost to LSU in the Fiesta Bowl for 2018). In 2019 we were 9-3, losing games by 1 point, 3 points and 3 points. If Milton were playing I'm chalking those up as wins, and assuming we would have won the AAC title again as well.

Good Lord, we've been in a P5 conference for a couple of months and this is the attitude. Alright then. If you think G5 stadiums wouldn't be sold out for a playoff game, I don't know what to tell you.
I have felt this way since 2005…..

Boise has a really nice stadium. Was very impressed with that place and their fans, they would show up and be very hard to play in the Boise cold too.

Reactions: CBlackwellRN
Nope. They kept us at arms-length in 2018. But, if Milton had year 3 (2019) we would very likely had been on a potential 39 game winning streak going into the bowls in 2019 (at least 38-1 even if we lost to LSU in the Fiesta Bowl for 2018). In 2019 we were 9-3, losing games by 1 point, 3 points and 3 points. If Milton were playing I'm chalking those up as wins, and assuming we would have won the AAC title again as well.
Really is depressing to think about the “what ifs” with KZ not getting hurt. I truly believe we beat LSU if he doesn’t get hurt.

We didn’t deserve to be included the year he got hurt. We weren’t even sure if Mack could win games. Our defense wasn’t as good as FSUs. Offenses are similar.

We didn’t deserve to be included the year he got hurt. We weren’t even sure if Mack could win games. Our defense wasn’t as good as FSUs. Offenses are similar.
The offense wasn’t as smooth either as 2017 where it felt like we rarely punted. KZ’s completion % went down in Heupel’s offense

Reactions: BlakNGoldAllDay
and just like UCF in 2018, their bowl game is about to show everyone why they didn't deserve to be there.

and just like UCF in 2018, their bowl game is about to show everyone why they didn't deserve to be there.
Driving to tie the game with seconds left deep in LSU territory....get the hell out of here loser

you mean losing to the 5th best team in the SEC?

can't wait to see yall hang a banner for that one!
No room since the NCAA already recognized OUR NATIONAL CHAMPIONSHIP

Unlike your squad of pathetic losers.....LOL

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT