ADVERTISEMENT

UF - State Championship in Football

N.FL Knight

Four-Star Recruit
Aug 30, 2007
Florida has the unique opportunity to beat UM, FSU and UCF next year. I think this year will be boom or bust for Billy Napier. If they can beat all three state schools, it will be a feather in his cap for recruiting. However, if they lose to Miami and UCF in week 5, Billy is fired by week 5.5.

UF has the toughest schedule I have seen so far. 8 SEC games, FSU, UM and UCF as out of conference games. Only patsy is Samford.

Do those guys have the squad to make it happen?

If they manage to go 2-1 it would be a huge surprise. most likely is they go 1-2 beating only UM.

Florida has the unique opportunity to beat UM, FSU and UCF next year. I think this year will be boom or bust for Billy Napier. If they can beat all three state schools, it will be a feather in his cap for recruiting. However, if they lose to Miami and UCF in week 5, Billy is fired by week 5.5.

UF has the toughest schedule I have seen so far. 8 SEC games, FSU, UM and UCF as out of conference games. Only patsy is Samford.

Do those guys have the squad to make it happen?
UF will lose to Miami, they will probably lose to FSU. UF’s best chance is against UCF…Gus Malzahn has historically been a JAG on road games.

One of the reason Gus got fired at Auburn was his record against rivals on the road…dude went 0-12.

One of the reason Gus got fired at Auburn was his record against rivals on the road…dude went 0-12.
There you go again... Making a claim without providing context. uat was undefeated at home, thUGA lost only once (South Carolina), and lsWho only four times (uat-twice, Miss State, and Troy) since 2017.

Three teams, five total home osses (a.k.a, every coach was winless against these 'rivals.' You always seem to leave that part out, and you fail to mention UCF's record against its chief riva cow ul on the road under Gus.

I wonder why....

EDIT: Kirby Smart is winless on the road against uat, lsWho, and Clemmy for his career, so he is 0-for-whatever, too.

EDIT 2: Name 12 college head coaches who 0-and-12 Gus faced while both were head coaches and never beaten (this will be fun). I will help you. You will struggle mightily to name 6, much less 12.

Last edited:
There you go again... Making a claim without providing context. uat was undefeated at home, thUGA lost only once (South Carolina), and lsWho only four times (uat-twice, Miss State, and Troy) since 2017.

Three teams, five total home osses (a.k.a, every coach was winless against these 'rivals.' You always seem to leave that part out, and you fail to mention UCF's record against its chief riva cow ul on the road under Gus.

I wonder why....

EDIT: Kirby Smart is winless on the road against uat, lsWho, and Clemmy for his career, so he is 0-for-whatever, too.

EDIT 2: Name 12 college head coaches who 0-and-12 Gus faced while both were head coaches and never beaten (this will be fun). I will help you. You will struggle mightily to name 6, much less 12.
LOL…Malzahn still went 0-12 vs rivals on the road. He’s now 3-7 in bowl games and has never won a NY6 bowl.

Gus Malzahn and UCF went 3-7 vs P5 last year. 3-7. Welp.

LOL…Malzahn still went 0-12 vs rivals on the road. He’s now 3-7 in bowl games and has never won a NY6 bowl.

Gus Malzahn and UCF went 3-7 vs P5 last year. 3-7. Welp.
What is Miami’s record in their last 10 bowl games?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT