ADVERTISEMENT

FWIW: Frost Insight From Lincoln

Stop it! You promised me that he was staying. 100% guarantee. Many times. Don't back off now. Stick to your guns! Even if you are wrong you should go down swinging.
Has he announced it yet officially?

Has he announced it yet officially?

Nope, which is why I don't want you to throw in the towel. If he decides to stay you will be a hero! The only guy who kept the faith. Don't let rumors drag you down.

Now that said, you could tone down some of the rhetoric. But it seems that you have already done so.

Reactions: Mikesi
Nope, which is why I don't want you to throw in the towel. If he decides to stay you will be a hero! The only guy who kept the faith. Don't let rumors drag you down.

Now that said, you could tone down some of the rhetoric. But it seems that you have already done so.
Just be respectful and you'll get the same in return. All of the UCF fan meltdown talk is trolling and is such a wrong read. Really can't meltdown from 1 year of success.

"Disappointed" wouid be an accurate word to describe it. However, I'm now leaning more towards "relieved" with ANY decision as it's been a major distraction. I'll wait.

He is gone to Nebraska I think he made up his mind or 35 Million made up his mind for him is more like it. Of course money does not matter to Scott Frost yeah right and pigs can fly

It's not just the money. He turned down a number of high profile offers and more money. But he wasn't going to turn down his dream job. Even still, it took an above market offer to get him to move. He clearly has a lot of loyalty to UCF, but he also has loyalty to his home state alma mater. If Riley hadn't completely tanked, Frost likely turns down bigger suitors to stay at UCF for a couple more years and comes "home" after Riley retires. But plans changed when Nebraska completely imploded, especially down the stretch, and the timeline was sped up a few years.

It's not just the money. He turned down a number of high profile offers and more money. But he wasn't going to turn down his dream job. Even still, it took an above market offer to get him to move. He clearly has a lot of loyalty to UCF, but he also has loyalty to his home state alma mater. If Riley hadn't completely tanked, Frost likely turns down bigger suitors to stay at UCF for a couple more years and comes "home" after Riley retires. But plans changed when Nebraska completely imploded, especially down the stretch, and the timeline was sped up a few years.

I honestly think that staying at UCF a couple more years before jumping to Nebraska would have been good for everyone. UCF, Frost, and Nebraska. He would have had time to tweak his offense and learn how to manage a complete football program. But the Riley deal didn't let that happen. I hope the Nebraska job isn't too big for him.

If it happens, I was just thinking about how hilarious it would be if, as coach Frost leaves, ESPN showed everyone at UCF burning Mike Riley in effigy.

Please someone do this. I'll hit you back later.

Reactions: ucfversusbcs
He’s gone. He had his bachelor party this year and now it’s time to marry a corncob.

There’s a few of us who think he’s staying and going to announce it via a pregame speech to the players, that’s also broadcast into the stadium on the video board.

Also, another thing I've been curious about, if frost to Nebraska is a done deal, where's the chatter in the ucf coaching search?

Since head transplants are now a viable option, we're going to put John Madden's head on a 20 year old man that way he can coach UCF forever.

I mean I hope he shocks us but I don't know how you can see his( & players like Milton)change in tone this week & think he is staying. He did just about everything but put on the Red N hat.
It wouldnt be unlike him. He has a history of surprising people and making unpopular choices from what everyone has said before.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT