ADVERTISEMENT

Game tonight in the Dungeon against Wichita St. Who going to go see the

Win by at least 1 pt...that's all UCF needs to do.

#11 Wichita St is the 3rd highest ranked team to play at UCF. Need them to have an off night shooting.

He made it obvious it was a Lebron Chalk Joke. What book can be thrown for clapping chalk in air at a school?

It was not obvious to anyone who wasn't in the class and received the initial texts from UCF PD. "Florida Statute 877.03 Breach of the peace; disorderly conduct" could be applicable.

People are on edge, what with all the terrorism attacks and mass shootings occuring. There's been a string of white powder hoaxes this year reminiscent of the 2001 bioterrorism (anthrax) attacks. People are rightfully pissed off at this guy.

It was not obvious to anyone who wasn't in the class and received the initial texts from UCF PD. "Florida Statute 877.03 Breach of the peace; disorderly conduct" could be applicable.

People are on edge, what with all the terrorism attacks and mass shootings occuring. There's been a string of white powder hoaxes this year reminiscent of the 2001 bioterrorism (anthrax) attacks. People are rightfully pissed off at this guy.

Stop being so beta. Bad look for our entire university

We are playing well. Sucks that Chad got 2 Ticky tacky fouls. Rokas has played well though. Our scoring droughts kill us though. What were we up by 11?

Its still a manageable game though.

Ah well, I seriously thought we were gonna pull through.

On the bright side, I'm more optimistic about the Tulane game than I otherwise would have been! :)
Good news is the conference tourney is essentially at home. UCF has 3 home losses in the AAC to Wichita State (overtime), Houston (by 4) and Cincy (UCF led at half). UCF should at least have a punchers chance vs any of them. Will be tough to win 4 in 4 days though.

Reactions: Knightrodamus
Damn. Thought for sure we would get killed.

Perhaps the team hasn’t rolled over yet?

Amazing game. AJ was absolutely fire toknight. Could believe how cold Dayon was - but he did hit one big shot.

Should beat Tulane. Hoping for 6 seed. Looks like the best path to make it far in tourney. If we can make final we'd have a chance.

We are playing well. Sucks that Chad got 2 Ticky tacky fouls. Rokas has played well though. Our scoring droughts kill us though. What were we up by 11?

Its still a manageable game though.

No clue what's going on with as Brown as he has disappeared for basically the last month on both ends of the court when facing good conference competition.

On of his worst decisions last night came when a Wichita St player put up a jumper from the top of the key (think DeJesus was guarding him) when Brown was in the middle of the lane....but Brown left his man and tried to block a shot even though he was 12-15 ft away...and had no chance in heck at blocking said shot.

Of course Brown didn't get within a mile of blocking that shot but it brought Brown up past the free throw land where he landed...and left his man WIDE OPEN underneath for an easy put back JAM on the missed jumper.

That bone headed stupid play summarized many of his poor decisions he has made over last 4-5 weeks.

Props to AJ and BJ for going the extra mile last night for all the UCF Fans...as it was 2 against 5 for most of the night so the #11 ranked team and it was almost enough.

Last edited:
Good news is the conference tourney is essentially at home. UCF has 3 home losses in the AAC to Wichita State (overtime), Houston (by 4) and Cincy (UCF led at half). UCF should at least have a punchers chance vs any of them. Will be tough to win 4 in 4 days though.

Playing in the cavernous Amway Center in front of 16,000 empty seats won't be much of a "home court" advantage for UCF.

Reactions: UCFhonors
No clue what's going on with as Brown as he has disappeared for basically the last month on both ends of the court when facing good conference competition.

On of his words decisions last night came when a Wichita St player out up a jumper from the top of the key (think DeJesus was guarding him) when Brown was in the middle of the lane....but Brown left his Nan and tried to block a shot even though he was 12-15 ft away.

Of course Brown didn't get within a Nike of blocking that shot but it brought Brown up past the free throw land where he landed...and left his man WIDE OPEN underneath for an easy out back JAM on the missed jumper.

That bone headed stupid play summarized many of his poor decisions he has made over last 4-5 weeks.

Props to AJ and BJ for going the extra mile last night for all the UCF Fans...as it was 2 against 5 for most of the night so the #11 ranked team and it was almost enough.
At least he’s getting minutes this year which should help him come of bench next year. If the guy sitting out can be good we’ll have 3 bigs that can play when needed. That’s a plus.

Playing in the cavernous Amway Center in front of 16,000 empty seats won't be much of a "home court" advantage for UCF.
Better than playing in Connecticut in front of a bunch of empty seats. If we can make final the turnout will be big.

At least he’s getting minutes this year which should help him come of bench next year. If the guy sitting out can be good we’ll have 3 bigs that can play when needed. That’s a plus.

Some (not all, including myself), incorrectly "assumed" all the transfers sitting out last year would be very good too...yet none of them have been a steady player that can be counted on as it seems Dawkins went the "easy way out" in Recruiting (taking transfers) vs hitting the road in FL (or elsewhere) trying to land top HS talent that might help in Year 1.

Dawkins has the NAME to get I to any HAS or home....I hope he finally starts hitting the AAU/HS circuit HARD as good to even top LOCAL talent like a BJ Taylor or Tacko Fall should want to play for him... especially now that the AAC is a Top 6 conf. (Much higher profile vs when UCF was in CUSA).

Not sure how often they have played there, but I seem to recall a pretty good advantage in 2010 when they beat #16 Florida there. I remember the air ball chants every time Chandler Parsons touched the ball. Did he even score that game?

Not sure how often they have played there, but I seem to recall a pretty good advantage in 2010 when they beat #16 Florida there. I remember the air ball chants every time Chandler Parsons touched the ball. Did he even score that game?

Ranked UF game that was heavily marketed, plus UCF was undefeated going in. Not going to be the same playing ECU, or worse yet if UCF finishes in the 5th spot and plays 2pm games.

Chandler is an old family friend. He had something like 23 members of his family there and he scored 2 points the entire game. They benched him lol.

Reactions: thespiritof1976

On of his worst decisions last night came when a Wichita St player put up a jumper from the top of the key (think DeJesus was guarding him) when Brown was in the middle of the lane....but Brown left his man and tried to block a shot even though he was 12-15 ft away...and had no chance in heck at blocking said shot.

Of course Brown didn't get within a mile of blocking that shot but it brought Brown up past the free throw land where he landed...and left his man WIDE OPEN underneath for an easy put back JAM on the missed jumper.

Yeah our post defense is sometimes left wide open. It was a tough pill to swallow last knight because AJ played so well, then blows the free throws in O.T. :-( Johnny has GOT to fix the free throw mess.

Yep. Chad is still lacking on the B-Ball IQ.

And exactly right about it was BJ & AJ vs the #11 team who has 6 seniors and full bench of depth.

That was the only regular season UCF game played there and it was against then #16 UF and the very first time (and last) that UF played UCF anywhere in Orlando.

When the AAC Tournament was played at Amway 2 years ago...it was mostly crickets. (Good news for AAC is Wichita St fans have already bought a ton of tix for their first ever AAC Tournament so as long as they make it to the Championship Game, those WSU games should be ok attendance wise).

Chandler is an old family friend. He had something like 23 members of his family there and he scored 2 points the entire game. They benched him lol.

Chandler played 32 mins in that game (only Walker's 33 mins had more for UF), and the most interesting stat line for Chandler that night: 0-6 from the FREE THROW LINE!! LOL!!

He was 1-9 from the field (0-3 from 3)...he was a total basket case that night...made beating them that much more enjoyable!

Some (not all, including myself), incorrectly "assumed" all the transfers sitting out last year would be very good too...yet none of them have been a steady player that can be counted on as it seems Dawkins went the "easy way out" in Recruiting (taking transfers) vs hitting the road in FL (or elsewhere) trying to land top HS talent that might help in Year 1.

Dawkins has the NAME to get I to any HAS or home....I hope he finally starts hitting the AAU/HS circuit HARD as good to even top LOCAL talent like a BJ Taylor or Tacko Fall should want to play for him... especially now that the AAC is a Top 6 conf. (Much higher profile vs when UCF was in CUSA).
By the time he was hired most recruits had already made up mind where they were going. 2 guys backed out on us( anyone know where they went and how they did this year?) I felt we should have tried Trent Frazier who had to go to Illinois. He ended up on B1G all freshman team. But for most part most were already decided. I think we still have 1 more recruit we can offer. Haven’t seen us in contention for top players though.

By the time he was hired most recruits had already made up mind where they were going. 2 guys backed out on us( anyone know where they went and how they did this year?) I felt we should have tried Trent Frazier who had to go to Illinois. He ended up on B1G all freshman team. But for most part most were already decided. I think we still have 1 more recruit we can offer. Haven’t seen us in contention for top players though.

He has had 2 1/2 recruiting classes to find shooters...yet he focused mostly on transfers from lesser conferences...and that obviously hasn't worked out.

Just wished he would have focused more of his efforts on HS recruiting...because AAC is a top hoop conf and everyone saw how even when on probation, UCF's hoop recruiting ticked up when the Knights joined that conf (BJ Taylor, Tacko, AJ Davis, etc...).

NOTE: Redshirt Freshmen Collin Smith, 6' 11",, 235 lbs, transferred to UCF this year after playing at George Washington during his true Freshmen year.

He "seems" to have a broader offensive game then Chad Brown while be taller.

Collins as a true Freshmen A-10 Conf Game stats:
5 conf games out of the 18, shot 46.% from the field, played 14.6 mins a game, shot 63% from FT, averaged 3.9 rebounds and 4.4 pts per game.

Not a bad start as a true Freshmen...but then again, that was against A-10 competition (pretty good conf...but still not AAC level).

He did outrebound Tacko Fall (8-7) in GW's win up there last year (74-59 win)

Reactions: UCFhonors
He has had 2 1/2 recruiting classes to find shooters...yet he focused mostly on transfers from lesser conferences...and that obviously hasn't worked out.

Just wished he would have focused more of his efforts on HS recruiting...because AAC is a top hoop conf and everyone saw how even when on probation, UCF's hoop recruiting ticked up when the Knights joined that conf (BJ Taylor, Tacko, AJ Davis, etc...).

NOTE: Redshirt Freshmen Collin Smith, 6' 11",, 235 lbs, transferred to UCF this year after playing at George Washington during his true Freshmen year.

He "seems" to have a broader offensive game then Chad Brown while be taller.

Collins as a true Freshmen A-10 Conf Game stats:
5 conf games out of the 18, shot 46.% from the field, played 14.6 mins a game, shot 63% from FT, averaged 3.9 rebounds and 4.4 pts per game.

Not a bad start as a true Freshmen...but then again, that was against A-10 competition (pretty good conf...but still not AAC level).

He did outrebound Tacko Fall (8-7) in GW's win up there last year (74-59 win)

I'm excited about seeing what Collin's can do. Certainly he transferred with the expectation of Tacko leaving - which is now clear is not going to happen.

We may be over-loaded in the Front court. How do you think we are going to handle having 4 centers next year?

I'm excited about seeing what Collin's can do. Certainly he transferred with the expectation of Tacko leaving - which is now clear is not going to happen.

We may be over-loaded in the Front court. How do you think we are going to handle having 4 centers next year?
You counting Rokas?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT