ADVERTISEMENT

Gary Johnson Loses His Cool

That's one more legitimate interview than Hillary has done in the past year.

Johnson has repeatedly stated that he will not be able to change to a consumption tax, because of the 'status quo.'

But he's also tired of people not recognizing that his 'consumption tax' argument includes a provision that is basically a minimum income credit. How many times do Liberals argue for such, and Johnson is literally giving it to them?!

That's why I'm tired of the rhetoric and BS.

The ACA is failing for the same reasons. Democrats ran on the platform that you would get to keep your employer's program (ha!), so the only really sick are using the exchanges, instead of everyone.

Salisbury Steak Bake

1. In a large bowl, mix together 1/3 cup condensed French onion soup with ground beef, bread crumbs, egg, salt and black pepper. Shape into 6 oval patties.
  2. In a large skillet over 'medium-high heat', brown both sides of patties. Pour off excess fat.
  3. In a small bowl, blend flour and remaining soup until smooth. Mix in ketchup (ha!), water, Worcestershire sauce and mustard powder. Pour over meat in skillet. Cover, and cook for 20 minutes, stirring occasionally.

Reactions: UCFBS
Very edited video, but it certainly makes it clear that he's a goofball. But that's what you get when you have an unscripted interview without coaching. I dare Trump or Clinton to do the same.

Reactions: UCFBS
Salisbury Steak Bake

1. In a large bowl, mix together 1/3 cup condensed French onion soup with ground beef, bread crumbs, egg, salt and black pepper. Shape into 6 oval patties.
  2. In a large skillet over 'medium-high heat', brown both sides of patties. Pour off excess fat.
  3. In a small bowl, blend flour and remaining soup until smooth. Mix in ketchup (ha!), water, Worcestershire sauce and mustard powder. Pour over meat in skillet. Cover, and cook for 20 minutes, stirring occasionally.
You forgot to include the amounts of each ingredient

Gary Johnson never had cool. He's a dorky-ass dude.
Totally! A vote for Johnson probably isn't too far from a vote for UCFBS, or at least Honors. ;)

Obama has a ish-ton of cool which he never loses. He imposes his liberal agenda in the smoothest of manners. He got America like the Biebs has teenage girls.
Indeed. I almost threw up when I read the latest 'PR spin' from the President's mouthpiece about how he's "got our troops' backs" on the repayment issue. The administration has known since 2014, and whether he knew or just his appointees, they knew for over 2 years. Just glad it finally hit the mainstream media, so it finally got addressed.

As I said to my Liberal friends ... now that's what 'Executive Orders' are supposed to be used for!

FRENCH TOAST DUDE! Now I see why Ron Paul loathes this guy. What a tool.
Ron Paul doesn't 'loathe' Johnson. He just came out and protested that he wasn't a real Libertarian, likely because the RNC forced him to. Paul was very, very different towards Johnson in 2012. And Paul isn't exactly a solid Libertarian either. I always laugh when people say Johnson isn't as Libertarian as Paul.

All I know is that "I Side With" pegged me at 97% Johnson. That's pretty damn close, with Castle 2nd at only 51%, and everyone else 47% and lower.
- http://www.isidewith.com/

I think the tax policy question is fair.

Step one of switching to a consumption tax is repealing the income tax amendment. If you don't do that, we'll give congress a path to tax us via a federal income tax AND a consumption tax. The president can't amend the constitution. Ignore it, apparently.

So saying that your "tax policy" is the FairTax is like saying your household budgeting strategy is winning the lottery.

Step one of switching to a consumption tax is repealing the income tax amendment. If you don't do that, we'll give congress a path to tax us via a federal income tax AND a consumption tax. The president can't amend the constitution. Ignore it, apparently.

So saying that your "tax policy" is the FairTax is like saying your household budgeting strategy is winning the lottery.
Johnson started to answer with a realistic approach, cognizant of the limitations, and the interviewer went to hypotheticals, then started criticizing him for being hypothetical and not realistic.

Short Version: When Americans want to actually talk about the real issues, we'll get real solutions. Until then, this is just a great example of media BS at an 8 year-old level.

Long Version ...

It is ... if they listen to Johnson.

Which is why Johnson repeatedly states it's unlikely he'd get it. I honestly wish people would actually read transcripts instead of just articles.

Unless you are including a minimum income credit (rebate) with the tax, like Johnson repeatedly states. This is not unlike what Sanders and others often talk about, so it should be very inviting to far, far left-wing Liberals.

The fact that the heavily left-wing biased media -- especially once Johnson started taking more votes from Clinton than Trump -- wants to talk about what Johnson actually says and base their questioning on that is why he's doomed. Keeping him out of the debates also ensured that.

It's just like when the heavily left-wing biased media blames Republicans for the failure of the ACA, but forgets it demonized Republicans who said healthcare needs to be outlawed from employers, so the healthy, working class -- especially young people -- are also forced into the exchanges, so it's not just sick people, which is mainly what the ACA has become (and totally unsustainable).

Johnson started to answer with a realistic approach, cognizant of the limitations, and the interviewer went to hypotheticals, then started criticizing him for being hypothetical and not realistic.
I don't consider "trust me bro, I didn't raise taxes as a governor" a good answer either. Maybe he gave a real answer and it's on the editing floor.

I do get a kick out of: "Economists around the world..."
If "Economists around the world" know better, why is the US the economic superpower?

Reactions: CommuterBob
Is it any different than Hillary saying she'll overturn Citizen's United with an amendment? It's explicitly stated on her website that she'll propose an amendment in her first 30 days as president. She really has no control over it, but if she proposes an amendment and it gets shot down (spoiler: it will) she can blame Congress and say she tried. If Johnson took the same approach he'd have a leg to stand on because he could spin the argument against him towards Hillary's plan.

I don't consider "trust me bro, I didn't raise taxes as a governor" a good answer either.
You should actually look at his leadership record in New Mexico. The reason he didn't need to raise taxes, and the state ran a surplus ... even after the .COM bust, has everything to do with him kicking back every budget, even ones just a few thousand dollars over, until it hit his designated target.

Pork spending came to a total halt. Johnson left nothing sacred, and pissed off people by cutting a lot of annual budget items that had always been there. He was hated by both sides of the isle for a reason, and even Republicans (not just the majority Democrats) still curse his name because he cut out so much pork.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT