ADVERTISEMENT

Glass Ceiling for UCF in CFP - Scott Frost

scottb411

Four-Star Recruit
Gold Member
Sep 23, 2011
Scott Frost stayed pretty quiet about UCF getting snubbed out of the CFP rankings when he was still our coach but glad to see him call out the CFP now that he is a coach of a team without the glass ceiling:

https://ucf.rivals.com/news/scott-frost-appearance-on-golic-wingo

"I think, to be honest with you, I think the glass ceiling was put there intentionally," Frost said. "It was apparent to me that every single week the committee made a decision, 'We have to keep them at a certain place in the rankings so that we don't run into the trouble of having to move them up if people ahead of them lose.' And every week, a new two-loss team or a new three-loss team was moved ahead of us. Finally, they moved Stanford ahead of us, so they must be better than UCF because they are a Power Five team. Well, they lost to a Group of Five team.”

Frost also added on by saying that he thinks a lot of assumptions were made. He also said that “if it was an eight-team playoff, we might be No. 6 or 7, UCF might be No. 6 or 7. Because at that point, the committee might say, ‘OK, now that there’s eight teams, it’s OK to have a Group of Five team in.”

Reactions: knight_tracker
All true, but he had a forum to voice his opinion on that last night and decided not to touch it. I would have gone off on the entire system.

He also had a chance to correct Fowler for calling us the Golden Knights...and didn't correct him. I would have blown him up for. I'd have been like, "Excuse me Chris. I just want to make it clear that it is the UCF Knights. Not the Golden Knights. Say it after me....the UCF Knights." I would have sat there looking at him until he said it.

I bet Fowler would remember it after getting called out on TV. It's inexcusable for these guys to be called "college football experts" and they don't even know the proper names of all the FBS teams.

Toledo = Rockets
New Mexico = Lobos
UNLV = Runnin Rebels

It's really not that much to remember.

Frost also added on by saying that he thinks a lot of assumptions were made. He also said that “if it was an eight-team playoff, we might be No. 6 or 7, UCF might be No. 6 or 7. Because at that point, the committee might say, ‘OK, now that there’s eight teams, it’s OK to have a Group of Five team in.”

I listened to the whole interview on ESPN this morning. Was pretty funny when Golic accidentally referred to Frost as the the new Alabama Head Coach......Frost responded with "Alabama?!?!?!?!"

I get people being angry at Frost but people are seriously mad he didn't correct Golden Knight? Those segments are like 30 seconds and it would have just made it awkward to interrupt him. Everyone is being over the top sensitive
No. It wouldn't be awkward. Let's say he worked at Dunkin Donuts. You really telling me Dunkin Donuts brass (and employees) wouldn't be a little ticked off if, instead, they were referred to as, say, Dippin Donuts. He hacked our brand up, and when you get a National forum like that, you shouldn't let it slide.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT