ADVERTISEMENT

***Good news on JRP's injury 🦵

Brandon

Publisher
Staff
May 28, 2001
Winter Park, FL
www.ucfsports.com
I heard a little more through the grapevine this afternoon about John Rhys Plumlee's injury.

I'll admit I was expecting the worst because of some early rumors that came from people associated with the team. I did hear though there was an high level of initial concern, but they got much better news from the imaging.

Everything Gus said in the press conference was accurate. Like I said in another post, I've been told Gus may be intentionally vague about injuries (as he has every right to be), but he'll never lie.

Out of respect for JRP since it's clear UCF doesn't want to divulge the exact nature of the injury, I won't repeat the specifics I heard.

But nothing is torn, obviously. Gus made that clear with the "no surgery needed" comment.

So if nothing is torn, that leaves a strain/sprain.

Obviously JRP is out this week vs. Villanova.

The following is my speculation based on Dr. Google:

I think two weeks is the bare minimum recovery time. I guess it's up to his body and he responds.

I think it'll be one of those week-to-week things. UCF opens Big 12 play with @Kansas State, Baylor, @Kansas before a bye week. The Oklahoma game would be six full weeks since Boise.

Based on what I heard, it sounds like there's a decent chance he returns in that window.

Kansas State and Kansas stadiums both have Field Turf. Oklahoma has grass. I'm not sure if that makes a difference or not.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News