ADVERTISEMENT

Goodbye cows and good riddance

Knightfootball

Golden Knight
Gold Member
Feb 2, 2011
Tampa
go away goodbye GIF

Some are posting sadness over our leaving the cows and wanting us to continue playing them.
In contrast I'm posting a thread for those of us to celebrate what we've long waited for which is turning the tables on them and leaving them behind to rot.

For actively keeping us out of the Big East in the early days to keep our program down and not caring at all about an in state rivalry. Karma beeyatches.
For all the arrogant smack talk I had to go through during those years living in Tampa and wearing my UCF gear. Karma beeyatches.
For taking out KZ (even though I know it was unintentional) and ruining what would have been a special run for this program...... Karma beeyatches.

I don't want to play them again. We have bigger goals now and don't need them. I hope FAU ends up owning them in the AAC. I hope their program withers away to a slow death. I am celebrating this day. Charge On!

Anyone else wants to celebrate this day post your reasons right here.

I don't care to elevate them but I would NOT actively block them the way they blocked us- I DO NOT WANT THAT KARMA!

I would care to try to elevate them if they were gracious and asked for help...they are not, they are delusional and arrogant even in their current, broken state so forget them and good riddance.

The idea that a P5 needed both was stupid from the beginning, even when we were the ones hoping to be the ones dragged along. You only need 1 to get the majority of the eyes of the other's market. Majority of 'football' fans only care about a 'name'. Now that 1 of them, UCF, is in a P5, we're the 'name'. No conference, except the pretend P6 needs both. So, Goodbye usf, hope you wither on the vine. Can't wait to play you again in 6-10 years after we get the P5 recruiting boost, like they had the BCS boost, and then we will finally get the 64-whocares pounding that we want. But, even then, the best revenge is MOVING ON UP..........

As they once felt about UCF………..”Let them eat cake!!!!!”. 🤣😂🤣

We’ll buy them a slice with our P5 $50 million per year.🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣.

We’ve won numerous conference championships, appeared in, won BCS bowls, and won a National Championship. All those losers talk about is bringing back Jim Leavitt, building an on campus stadium despite having no money, and act like they’re the next call up to the ACC. In their delusional minds they think they’re the hottest chic at the party every P5 conference wants. They dont want to look in the mirror to see the ugly, one win loser program they actually are and nobody wants.

They’re so out of touch with reality and delude themselves in to believing a campus stadium and ACC invitation are all happening. In their schizophrenic minds they went undefeated this season and have had winning records every year the past decade. They talk amongst themselves as though it’s all true and their board‘s leader “Brad“ is the most deluded of all. Only talks about the Jim and a one week no 2 ranking. Memphis, Boise, SMU, and other programs will move up before the cows. Karma is indeed a biatch!

Last edited:
Reactions: CBlackwellRN
Everyone remember this one as well? :D

USF Is Moving On, And UCF Is On Its Own

By JOE HENDERSON

Published: September 5, 2008

TAMPA - Perhaps we should all wear black arm bands or something to commemorate the impending end of the USF-UCF football series. We could hold a candlelight vigil maybe, or Bulls fans could lower those "Horns" flags that flap out of their car windows to half-staff for the ride Saturday to Orlando.

At least that's what UCF seems to expect. No less than Coach George O'Leary noted this week, "One side gets it. The other side, I don't know what the problem is."

Oh, I know what the problem is. USF isn't about to lower a hand to lift UCF's program to the same level the Bulls currently occupy by giving the Knights any more shots to prove they're equal, which they aren't.

The Knights have a nice little program, and they do well in their nice little league, Conference USA - the same league the Bulls left behind to join the Big East, where they can compete for a BCS berth every year.

These are not equal programs, though, and the Bulls owe Central Florida absolutely nothing. This will be the Knights' fourth and presumably final chance to beat USF, which they haven't been able to do yet.

The Bulls are moving on. Next season they'll start an annual series with Miami. They'll also play the Gators in Gainesville in 2010 and 2015.

UCF can fend for itself.

Come To Tampa

That's the way it works in college football these days. The big dog rules the yard, and in this backyard rivalry USF has been the Doberman while the Knights have been the annoying little poodle that always nips at your heels.

Lots of noise, no real damage.

Maybe if the Knights want to sign a 10-year contract to come to Tampa every year and play at Raymond James Stadium, then USF might consider extending this series. That's what the Bulls had to do to get on Florida's schedule, you know.

They'll make those two trips to Gainesville with no return visits from the Gators because UF Athletic Director Jeremy Foley knows better than to give up the Swamp advantage against a neighborhood program trying to make a name at Florida's expense. So it should be with UCF and the Bulls.

The series has made for some great copy the first three years these two played, none better than this quip from Bulls quarterback Matt Grothe after USF dusted the Knights 64-12 last October.

"I hope they like what happened," Grothe said that day, "because we weren't trying to run the score up on them. We're that much better than them."

Well, it's true.

Grothe just laughs when you mention that now.

"Last year is last year," he said. "If we play well, we have a good chance of winning this year.

"It's all on us to take care of business, you know what I mean?"

I think we do.

He's a junior, so this will be the last time - sniff, sniff - he gets to play the Knights. I asked him if this had been any sort of rivalry for him the last three years, a fun game to play in.

"I guess," he said.

Image Is Everything

It drives UCF crazy that the Bulls are so smug about this series, so willing in these days of high travel costs to dump an opponent that is a 90-minute bus ride away. In the head-to-head battle for recruits right now, though, UCF is much farther away from the Bulls than that.

The Bulls are the team that rose to No. 2 in the national rankings last year. They were a tipped pass at the end of the Cincinnati game from playing in the Fiesta Bowl.

You could argue that the game is a guaranteed big gate, but even that isn't much of a factor now. More than 48,000 fans showed up last week to watch the Bulls toy with Tennessee Martin, and the crowd likely would have been much larger if a monsoon hadn't roared through town shortly before kickoff.

Of course, UCF is talented enough - if the stars align - to beat the Bulls on a given night.

Why give the Knights that chance?

This series was fun for a while, but it has outlived its usefulness.

One side gets that. The other, I don't know.

go away goodbye GIF

Some are posting sadness over our leaving the cows and wanting us to continue playing them.
In contrast I'm posting a thread for those of us to celebrate what we've long waited for which is turning the tables on them and leaving them behind to rot.

For actively keeping us out of the Big East in the early days to keep our program down and not caring at all about an in state rivalry. Karma beeyatches.
For all the arrogant smack talk I had to go through during those years living in Tampa and wearing my UCF gear. Karma beeyatches.
For taking out KZ (even though I know it was unintentional) and ruining what would have been a special run for this program...... Karma beeyatches.

I don't want to play them again. We have bigger goals now and don't need them. I hope FAU ends up owning them in the AAC. I hope their program withers away to a slow death. I am celebrating this day. Charge On!

Anyone else wants to celebrate this day post your reasons right here.
I have nothing against USF players. They played hard in the second half and better than us. But like that biblical passage states " the players will suffer the sins of their administration". They all got Genshafted.

......Of course, UCF is talented enough - if the stars align - to beat the Bulls on a given night.
Why give the Knights that chance?
This series was fun for a while, but it has outlived its usefulness.
One side gets that. The other, I don't know.
Yeah...UCF went 8-2 as conf mates with cow u and won the last 6 in a row!!!

One side did get it...and got it soooo well...they are moving on to the Big 12:

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT