ADVERTISEMENT

Places to Eat and Drink in KC

Beachnaut

Four-Star Recruit
Dec 5, 2021
Saw a few fellow UCF fans walking around downtown KC and gave them the following suggestions… which led me to think I should pass them on to others as well. For those of you there, I def suggest moving beyond power and light district as that is the touristy area. Many great places downtown include;

1) The Peanut (a block west of broadway) has some of the best wings I’ve had and the blue cheese is even better than froggers

2) Garazzo’s (In the city market) is an unbelievable Italian restaurant famous for their original spiedini’s

3) Pierponts (Union Station) great food with an awesome ambiance as it is in the train station

4) The Blue Line (city market) is an awesome hole in the wall sports bar… forget Johnny’s tavern as it is a chain and hit this place up instead

5) The Phoenix and The Green Lady Lounge are Jazz Clubs that are must visits if you are spending time in KC (KC is one of America’s big Jazz towns)

6) Milwaukee Deli is a local pizza joint that dates back to the 1910s (picture in the place shows a Budweiser beer cart parked in front of it on the day prohibition was lifted). Big slices like Lazy Moon only much better quality.

Just a few suggestions from a fellow Knight fan who’s lived in downtown KC for years. Go Knights

Just a FYI re: Milwaukee Deli… It’s actually owned (half owned perhaps) by a UCF alumnus. His name is Jason and he and his wife are super nice people who are big UCF fans.
He took good care of our group of 7 UCF fans on the eve of the UCF/KU football game. 😉
We’ll definitely patronize that place again the next time we’re in KC.

Reactions: Beachnaut
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT