ADVERTISEMENT

Got a Hangover? Pedialyte Says It Has a Cure

brahmanknight

Sep 5, 2007
Winter Park
http://www.nbcnews.com/business/consumer/got-hangover-pedialyte-says-it-has-cure-n358796

Adults are a growing part of Pedialyte's market. A third of its sales now come from grown-ups while adult use of the drink has increased by 57 percent since 2012, according to data from market research firm Nielsen.

Realizing this, Pedialyte has begun targeting these older customers who use the product to hydrate—often after a night of drinking. The brand has already begun advertising on social media with a "See the Lyte" campaign that features ads with shirtless men. One ad promises, "When last night's party threatens to ruin today, those in the know reach for Pedialyte."

While the causes of a hangover are complex and thus there is no one cure, Pedialyte and competitor Gatorade do help treat handover-induced dehydration, said Dr. Robert Swift, a professor of psychiatry and human behavior at Brown University's Alpert Medical School.

"The thing about Pedialyte, Gatorade and things like that, there is an optimal concentration to absorb glucose and electrolytes and fluid from the intestines," Swift said.

With adults in mind, Pedialyte is launching a new powder pack format this month in orange and strawberry-lemonade flavors, which are more convenient than the usual giant jugs the drinks comes in. It will also start handing out samples at occasions such as sporting events and music and street festivals to reach the adult market.

Total bullshit. Have some friends that swear by it but it doesn't do shit. Just drink water before you go to bed and after you wake up and your hangover will magically go away.

Total bullshit. Have some friends that swear by it but it doesn't do shit. Just drink water before you go to bed and after you wake up and your hangover will magically go away.
All thats really needed is water. I always put out a big cup of water next to the bed. Chug as much as I could before I passed out and the rest in the morning.

All thats really needed is water. I always put out a big cup of water next to the bed. Chug as much as I could before I passed out and the rest in the morning.
And electrolytes(which is what pedialyte provides). I use powerade after drinky times and it seems to help. Sprite and juices will also do.

Navy has known this for awhile, the Exchange on base near the dorms has a whole shelf stocked with it, despite the fact that no one with a family is in the dorms and they don't have a single other baby related item anywhere in the store.

I knew it was wrong, but I was standing in line at Panera and didn't feel like looking up the correct spelling.

Spelling police need to go back to school. Viola...that's a stringed instrument. Voila is the correct spelling, but it was funnier as it was.
fukc.

c329d.jpg

I always drink a bunch of water before I go to bed. Also, when I inevitably wake up in the middle of the night to pee I chug another glass of water from the bathroom tap.

I chug a huge glass of H20 before bed, wake up at 6 am with a headache, chug another glass of water and take a couple ibuprofen, then squish my head between two pillows until I wake up again at 8-830ish, then I'm good to go!

I chug a huge glass of H20 before bed, wake up at 6 am with a headache, chug another glass of water and take a couple ibuprofen, then squish my head between two pillows until I wake up again at 8-830ish, then I'm good to go!
What are you doing to this woman, Rogerz?

Bunch o' pusswahs ITT. Whatever happened to the good old days of "hair of the dog"? Water shhhwater...moar beer works best. Right, Bob?!?!

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT