ADVERTISEMENT

Greg McCrae......the new Kevin Smith?

Knight_Classes_begin_7pm

Golden Knight
Oct 6, 2013
from the slant:
Greg McCrae could be the story of UCF spring football. The Knights were already loaded with quality running backs even without the services of their No. 1 tailback from 2016, Jawon Hamilton, last year and this spring. And then, along came McCrae, a 5-foot-10 walk-on from Miramar. His name has been on players’ lips almost since Day one as a breakout star this spring.

“Greg McCrae, scrimmage one and scrimmage two, the guy has been unbelievable,” said UCF quarterback McKenzie Milton. “He’s a walk-on but he’s running like a four-year veteran and I think he’s a redshirt junior. The guy is a stud, man, and he’s going to make a lot of big plays this year at running back.

McCrae will help fill out a deep group of tailbacks that includes Adrian Killins Jr., Taj McGowan, Cordarrian Richardson and Otis Anderson Jr.

THOUGHTS?

He has always played well when given chance. For some reason it’s not every game.
His bio said he played on ST every game (not what you meant, I know).

I’m assuming our RB depth and lack of familiarity with the playbook played a role.

from the slant:
Greg McCrae could be the story of UCF spring football. The Knights were already loaded with quality running backs even without the services of their No. 1 tailback from 2016, Jawon Hamilton, last year and this spring. And then, along came McCrae, a 5-foot-10 walk-on from Miramar. His name has been on players’ lips almost since Day one as a breakout star this spring.

“Greg McCrae, scrimmage one and scrimmage two, the guy has been unbelievable,” said UCF quarterback McKenzie Milton. “He’s a walk-on but he’s running like a four-year veteran and I think he’s a redshirt junior. The guy is a stud, man, and he’s going to make a lot of big plays this year at running back.

McCrae will help fill out a deep group of tailbacks that includes Adrian Killins Jr., Taj McGowan, Cordarrian Richardson and Otis Anderson Jr.

THOUGHTS?
Slant didn’t even list Bentavious who may be the starter come the Orange bowl

His bio said he played on ST every game (not what you meant, I know).

I’m assuming our RB depth and lack of familiarity with the playbook played a role.
I didn’t look at bio but a few games last year he came in and ripped off some nice runs. Few of us commented on it during or after games. After week 6 or so not sure if he got many carries.

He is not the next Kevin Smith. He's the first Mccrae. I don't think they play similar games, but both are going to be legends.

Reactions: Mikesi
I said it well before this article.
tenor.gif

Reactions: Mikesi
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT