ADVERTISEMENT

Griner out

Griner was searched at the Moscow airport and found to have vape cartridges in her luggage that contained oil derived from cannibus. Even in the small amounts to be found in vape cartridges, Russian law deemed it drug smuggling and charged, convicted, and sentenced her to nine years in prison for it. Did she 'break the law'? Ooooookay. So what?

FWIW, Ilya Yashin, a Russian anti-war protestor, (link I posted above) broke the law in Russia too. GASP!!! Yashin was charged with spreading false information about the military — a new offense added to the country's criminal law after Russian President Vladimir Putin sent troops into Ukraine. He was sentenced to eight and a half years in prison. I guess it's deserved 'cause he's a LAW BREAKER too, right?

It's funny how SOME people want to point to 'The Law' inside a Criminal Country no less---when it suits their purposes. Without question, Griner should have been more careful inside a foreign country--particularly when that foreign country is Russia. But it strains credulity to pass this off as 'Griner broke the law and got what she deserved.' Hell, you could argue that 90% of the hostages taken in the Middle East or South America should have known better than to put themselves in situations where they were being kidnapped was a distinct possibility. But did we hold that against them when attempting to negotiate for their release?

The bottom line is someone's race, politics, and/or sexuality shouldn't make them any less important than anybody else. All Americans rescued from bad situations should be celebrated, not ridiculed.
oooooooookay so what?!?!?! LMAO. Typical. I honestly stopped reading right there. I'm sure the rest of your derivative drivel was just as pointless.

You don't get and never will.

I'm sure the rest of your derivative drivel was just as pointless.
What was pointless on my part was attempting to engage in an actual discussion with you about Griner.

Reply back with one more biting insult and you can walk away from this thread satisfied you Sure Showed Me What's What!!!

What was pointless on my part was attempting to engage in an actual discussion with you about Griner.

Reply back with one more biting insult and you can walk away from this thread satisfied you Sure Showed Me What's What!!!
Let me help you out a little

The Griner deal for the Merchant of Death was an uneven deal based on media pressure and it was a good PR move for Biden. She should still be in prison, because she broke that Russian law

That says absolutely nothing about Russia, their government, and their other laws.

Singapore has really tough laws and they only rank 10th on the list of most strict countries

She probably would have had a pretty strict sentence in some of those countries. Additionally, it was basically during a time of unrest. Dumb move on her part. Really dumb

Don’t go to foreign countries if you are going to F up. Research that crap and don’t go over with a sense of entitlement and that the US government is always going to save your ass

Her trade value is absolutely nothing. A woman who basically plays basketball. Many people didn’t even know who she was. Get her out without that trade. I think she should have stayed awhile

Last edited:

You don't engage in discussion. You parse language, misquote/partially quote, make appeals to emotion, and continually obfuscate.

I don't need another biting zinger to show you what's what. The whole of this thread did just that for me.

Let me help you out a little

The Griner deal for the Merchant of Death was an uneven deal based on media pressure and it was a good PR move for Biden. She should still be in prison, because she broke that Russian law

That says absolutely nothing about Russia, their government, and their other laws.

Singapore has really tough laws and they only rank 10th on the list of most strict countries

She probably would have had a pretty strict sentence in some of those countries. Additionally, it was basically during a time of unrest. Dumb move on her part. Really dumb

Don’t go to foreign countries if you are going to F up. Research that crap and don’t go over with a sense of entitlement and that the US government is always going to save your ass

Her trade value is absolutely nothing. A woman who basically plays basketball. Many people didn’t even know who she was. Get her out without that trade. I think she should have stayed awhile
Bingo.

So, did Michael Fay deserve it? (Let's see whose memory is sharp.)

For those who can't remember, in 1994, this gentleman was caught vandalizing street signs in Singapore and was sentenced to 6 lashes with a cane. He pleaded for the US to save him, and they said fukc ya. He got his.

But hey, OOOKKKKKK SO WHAT???!?! We should always get to pick and choose the laws we want to follow in other countries because by golly, if we don't like 'em, we can just tell 'em we don't like 'em and get the POTUS to bring us home. Yeap!

Reactions: Ucfmikes
She broke that Russian law??!? WTF? You're saying the United States should've supported the cockeyed application of a drug smuggling claim from a terrorist country that has routinely flaunted international law in the faces of the U.S., Ukraine, and NATO countries??!?

Would the deal have been less "uneven" if Russia had allowed for the same swap for former-Marine, Paul Whelan?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT