ADVERTISEMENT

GT vs UCF game

I feel bad for your team then if 4 more teams are gonna put up over 660 yards of offense and 49 points on the scoreboard. Keep in mind this was UCF’s first game, we were very rusty.
I took that as them major disrespecting us. If they play UNC, it will be much closer

I feel bad for your team then if 4 more teams are gonna put up over 660 yards of offense and 49 points on the scoreboard. Keep in mind this was UCF’s first game, we were very rusty.
So a couple things, I didn’t say offense as good. I think y’all have the second best offense behind Clemson. The other thing is y’all’s offense is an equalizer, our guys often were not set or still getting the play from the sideline when the ball was snapped which caught our guys on their heels. This is why we looked worse than we are at DB, y’all are only the second team since the beginning of last year to throw for over 300 yards on us and only the 4th if I’m not mistaken the throw over 250. Props to y’all on that because that’s part of why y’all go so uptempo, we won’t face that again this year though. So it is honestly completely different than anything we will see this year. Hopefully our defense will be somewhat back together as well. We were missing our top CB, top 2 DE’s, top 3 tech DT that slides out to DE as well, and our top DT (he’s out for the season though). I’m not that worried about any other offense putting up those numbers besides Clemson. We are also still in year 2 of a rebuild, so I don’t expect a lot for another year or so. I just want to see continual growth from the team.

Reactions: Knight Strength
I took that as them major disrespecting us. If they play UNC, it will be much closer
I’ve read their message board, and it’s replete with all of the typical P5 entitled/elitist snobbery that we’ve become accustomed to. However, I thought that supposedly intelligent graduates or students from such a prestigious school would know the difference between a “direction” and a “location,” when feebly attempting to besmirch the school that just embarrassed them on national TV.

Reactions: Ucfmikes
Who was being disrespectful? Serious question, if me I honestly wasn’t trying to be.
No.., not you. Your message board. Not everyone, but definitely the majority. It’s pretty bad. I guess that’s to be expected. Few accolades to UCF. Definitely not being humble in defeat

Guess I’m just used to trolls constantly coming here and trashing us as a being G5 school, sometimes even when we win, but terribly if we lose

You and another past Pittsburgh fan have actually been pretty cool. I apologize to YOU.

Good luck on your season!

I’ve read their message board, and it’s replete with all of the typical P5 entitled/elitist snobbery that we’ve become accustomed to. However, I thought that supposedly intelligent graduates or students from such a prestigious school would know the difference between a “direction” and a “location,” when feebly attempting to besmirch the school that just embarrassed them on national TV.
At the end of the day. Scoreboard. We know who and what we are. That’s all that really matters. Nationally, the attitude is changing somewhat, but not amongst most of the P5 fanbases. Especially the ones with a LONG history. Penn State, GT, UF, etc

So a couple things, I didn’t say offense as good. I think y’all have the second best offense behind Clemson. The other thing is y’all’s offense is an equalizer, our guys often were not set or still getting the play from the sideline when the ball was snapped which caught our guys on their heels. This is why we looked worse than we are at DB, y’all are only the second team since the beginning of last year to throw for over 300 yards on us and only the 4th if I’m not mistaken the throw over 250. Props to y’all on that because that’s part of why y’all go so uptempo, we won’t face that again this year though. So it is honestly completely different than anything we will see this year. Hopefully our defense will be somewhat back together as well. We were missing our top CB, top 2 DE’s, top 3 tech DT that slides out to DE as well, and our top DT (he’s out for the season though). I’m not that worried about any other offense putting up those numbers besides Clemson. We are also still in year 2 of a rebuild, so I don’t expect a lot for another year or so. I just want to see continual growth from the team.

You are obviously a cordial, open minded fan. The fact remains that those statistics are objective. If you factor in GT’s stats and subtract them from UCF’s the net equation indicates that 4 other teams will put up about 200 more yards of offense and 28 more points than GT will if you take your statement to its logical conclusion. While this may be an upward trending year for GT, these simple facts don’t bode well for your team in its remaining games against the other 4 teams implicit in your statement.

You are obviously a cordial, open minded fan. The fact remains that those statistics are objective. If you factor in GT’s stats and subtract them from UCF’s the net equation indicates that 4 other teams will put up about 200 more yards of offense and 28 more points than GT will if you take your statement to its logical conclusion. While this may be an upward trending year for GT, these simple facts don’t bode well for your team in its remaining games against the other 4 teams implicit in your statement.
I don’t agree with that, I was just making a statement that we don’t face anything close to what y’all do. I think it’s impressive how fast y’all are able to get the play in and get the ball snapped. I’m just not worried about giving up that many points and yards based on what I have seen from GT and other teams and what they do. I hope y’all are able to eventually join a power 5 conference btw. Has there been talk about it?

Reactions: Knightro20
I don’t agree with that, I was just making a statement that we don’t face anything close to what y’all do. I think it’s impressive how fast y’all are able to get the play in and get the ball snapped. I’m just not worried about giving up that many points and yards based on what I have seen from GT and other teams and what they do. I hope y’all are able to eventually join a power 5 conference btw. Has there been talk about it?

Talk about joining a power 5 conference has been ongoing every time someone brings up the conversation of expansion. That’s why we subscribe to the theory of JWB (just win baby!). The rest will take care of itself. Good luck the rest of the season!

Lol, do those teams even matter? GT has beaten both those teams the last time they played lol.
Yet ... Miami keeps getting ranked in the pre-season AP Top 25 ... coincidentally not this year. But now Miami will be ranked ... for now. That said ...

Miami has not finished in the AP Top 10 in 17 years, while UCF has finished in the Top 10 twice (2) in the last 7 ('13 and '17, not including #11 after '18). But if you ask anyone outside of Florida, they'll think Miami has done more in the the past decade, in utter ignorance. Luckily inside of Florida, UCF overtook Miami as the #3 fanbase a decade ago, and Miami's own athletics even admitted UCF wsa #3 by '15.

In fact, Miami has only finished AP Top 25 twice (2) in the past decade, while UCF finished five (5) -- yet 5 -- half the past decade. But yet, yeah ... UCF, who has done a BCS game again a #5/#6 Big XII Champion (the last Big XII UCF has ever played), in addition to the NY6 game against the #6/#7 SEC West Champion everyone knows, and now everyone realizes why UCF 'made a big deal' the 2nd time.

UCF being the youngest NCAA to ever win a BCS game, or a NY6 game, and UCF has done both. And it's not like UCF had to pull out a last second win against a not-so-highly ranked 'Power' team. In fact, in the 120 minutes total in those two (2) games, UCF trailed only ten (10) -- yet, <<10% -- of the game. In the BCS game, UCF never tailed, and led by 7-17 points nearly all the game. And NY6 game, every saw that.

In fact, in the BCS game, UCF was expected to lose by 17 and essentially won by 17 (sans a last second, garbage TD), biggest point swing and upset in BCS history. And that year UCF played no less than three (3) AP Top 10 -- not 25, but 10 -- teams, beat two (2) and lost by 3 whole points to the final AP#4 team that year. That's a tougher schedule that almost any other P5 team outside of the SEC conference.

And for the NY6 year, UCF won no less than four (4) games against AP Top 25 ranked teams, while going undefeated with at least 13 wins. That had only happened ten (10) times, by eight (8) different teams, in the AP era (1936+), before.

Which is why the AAC, if the BCS system was still around, would 're-qualify' as an 'automatic qualifier' (AQ), which the Big East 'lost.' How? The AAC had more teams finish AP Top 25, and even three-times (3x) as many teams finish AP Top 10, in its first 5 years, than the Big East did in its last 5. Which brings us back to Miami ...

Miami hasn't been relevant since they were Big East (2003). And the Big East had been junk since 2005 ... until they sold the name and basketball records to the Catholic-7 for 2013+. And now the new name of the Big East, the AAC -- yes, the Big East is an expansion conference, and the AAC is the Big East -- is better than the old Big East, and has a SoS that challenges the PAC-12, ACC and even the Big XII year-in, year-out.

Which is why AAC teams are finishing ranked, again and again. And if they are 'allowed' into a NY6 game against a 'Power' Champion or runner-up, they're going to win it against a top 10 more often than not. And that's scary for P5 fanboys to realize ...

The AAC is far better than its prior incarnation, the Big East, unless one goes back to 2003 or earlier ... the very last time Miami was actually relevant, 17 years ago.

Last edited:
Reactions: Knightro20
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT