ADVERTISEMENT

Gus is 6-1 after a loss at UCF

AuburnLegacy_1

Silver Knight
Feb 4, 2022
But on a serious note, this team is not very good. It falters every time its back isn't against the wall.

Still the game plan could have been a lot better.

A blind man could have realized that Navy had the No. 6 rushing defense in America and UCF would need to alter its attack before the game.

When you "do what you do," you "get what you get."

Mikey Keene should have played the whole game against Navy. Tanner Mordecai threw for 336 and three touchdowns. The Knights had to get into a shoot out with Navy to win.

But for the record, I said "take Navy and the points and play the under."

Lastly, the chances now are looking slim to none that UCF wins the AAC this year. This team does not deserve the opportunity to get embarrassed on a national stage.

Reactions: Yaes and PhDee
But on a serious note, this team is not very good. It falters every time its back isn't against the wall.

A blind man could have realized that Navy had the No. 6 rushing defense in America and UCF would need to alter its attack before the game.

Mikey Keene should have played the whole game against Navy. Tanner Mordecai threw for 336 and three touchdowns. The Knights had to get into a shoot out with Navy to win.

Lastly, the chances now are looking slim to none that UCF wins the AAC this year. This team does not deserve the opportunity to get embarrassed on a national stage.
How do you figure our chances to win the AAC are slim to none? Beat USF, and an 8-4 Houston is not getting in over a 9-3, just previously ranked, UCF. UH hasn't even been receiving any votes to be ranked in any poll. The CFP would not put them in the championship over us. We just beat Cincy a couple weeks ago. Slim to none? I don't agree.

How do you figure our chances to win the AAC are slim to none? Beat USF, and an 8-4 Houston is not getting in over a 9-3, just previously ranked, UCF. UH hasn't even been receiving any votes to be ranked in any poll. The CFP would not put them in the championship over us. We just beat Cincy a couple weeks ago. Slim to none? I don't agree.
Loser of Cincy Tulane will be higher in polls than us. Quality loss.

I think that only counts in a two way tie. If Houston wins it will be a 3 way tie which goes to rankings.
Even if it is a 3 way tie, the head to head comes in first and we x out the loser of the Cincy Tulane game because we beat both. Then the highest ranked comes into effect and we'd be ranked higher than Houston even if we both win. Is this how it works? Or is the head to head out in a 3 way tie regardless if any of the 3 played or not?

Last edited:

Is it the team that doesn't deserve the opportunity or the coaches?

Even if it is a 3 way tie, the head to head comes in first and we x out the loser of the Cincy Tulane game because we beat both. Then the highest ranked comes into effect and we'd be ranked higher than Houston even if we both win. Is this how it works? Or is the head to head out in a 3 way tie regardless if any of the 3 played or not?
I thought H2H was out in the event of a 3 way tie unless 1 team had beaten both of the other teams.

No it doesn’t. Head to Head is only in a 2 team tie. In 3 or more teams it goes to polls.

Here’s the Article that talks about the tiebreaker scenarios. Head to head is not relevant in the event of a 3 way tie because Houston didn’t play us or Cinci. It goes to rankings, which probably won’t be on our favor.

“5.2.If the highest-ranked of the tied teams in the latest available CFP Selection Committee rankings loses in the final weekend of regular season Conference play, then a composite average of selected computer rankings (Anderson & Hester, Billingsley, Colley and Wolfe) will be used to determine the Championship Game participants;”

Reactions: Knight Badger 80
CINCINNATI — The Navy Midshipmen pulled off a big 17-14 upset over UCF on Saturday to shake up the AAC Championship race. Navy entered the game as 15.5-point underdogs.

The result means UC will host the AAC Title game in two weeks if they beat Temple and Tulane. UCF beat the Bearcats earlier in the season but now has multiple conference losses to UC's one.

If UC and UCF (@ South Florida) win next week, the Bearcats welcome the Knights to Nippert Stadium with a third-straight AAC Championship on the line.
Why did this article come out of Cincy today? It says if Cincy and UCF both win Saturday, then Cincy will host the championship against UCF.

Why did this article come out of Cincy today? It says if Cincy and UCF both win Saturday, then Cincy will host the championship against UCF.
That’s how I am seeing it. If Tulane wins, we’re back to NOLA. Cincy hasn’t lost at home in a very long time. So I’m pulling for Tulane and its 1/3 full stadium.

That's a good question, unless the writer got it wrong and doesn't understand or realize about the 3-way tiebreaker scenarios on who Cincy would face if they won out.

Here’s the Article that talks about the tiebreaker scenarios. Head to head is not relevant in the event of a 3 way tie because Houston didn’t play us or Cinci. It goes to rankings, which probably won’t be on our favor.

“5.2.If the highest-ranked of the tied teams in the latest available CFP Selection Committee rankings loses in the final weekend of regular season Conference play, then a composite average of selected computer rankings (Anderson & Hester, Billingsley, Colley and Wolfe) will be used to determine the Championship Game participants;”
What about the scenario where the tie is with Tulane, in which Houston has played them and lost. Tulane is also a common opponent with UCF? I'm not sure that makes any difference though and seems that the average rankings will determine (or may have already sealed) our fate.

What about the scenario where the tie is with Tulane, in which Houston has played them and lost. Tulane is also a common opponent with UCF? I'm not sure that makes any difference though and seems that the average rankings will determine (or may have already sealed) our fate.
If UH and us win, it goes to rankings and polls. End of story. If UH loses and we win we are in.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT