ADVERTISEMENT

Gus may rival Saban as worst HC

Saban had the first team with some scholarship money ( a little) and literally had to build from nothing Team was winless in D3 when he took over. Saban went 5-6 and beat a D1AA team. Second year he quit after a few games ( would love to see Gus quit) over financial commitment to football (we had no money) We didn’t really have anything to destroy as we had nothing.

Gus has been given EVERYTHING and took over a quality program. Gus’ attitude that he knows everything and is bigger then UCF is nauseating

Last edited:
Reactions: major.tom.foolery
Curious who you think our #1 worst coach is? And this has to be from our D-1 tenure.
We only had 4 D1 coaches so it has to be Gus or MK. With what UCF has given to the coaches no doubt Gus. The president n AD has given Gus everything to succeed

Curious who you think our #1 worst coach is? And this has to be from our D-1 tenure.
No it doesn't have to be from our D-1 tenure. Saban was well before I ever heard of UCF, so am only relying on what I heard from the early McDowell years (my years). I know there's either been a re-write of the Saban years, or a correction, but at the time of barely getting out of Saban, that name was dirt. So, Saban is UCF's worst HC, in my opinion, and if wrong, then Gus has a chance of squandering what has been built if he's kept past this year. Easily he's the worst. We've have a steady decline since Frost. Can't say O'Leary because he at least brought some good years. Up down up down up down down.

No it doesn't have to be from our D-1 tenure. Saban was well before I ever heard of UCF, so am only relying on what I heard from the early McDowell years (my years). I know there's either been a re-write of the Saban years, or a correction, but at the time of barely getting out of Saban, that name was dirt. So, Saban is UCF's worst HC, in my opinion, and if wrong, then Gus has a chance of squandering what has been built if he's kept past this year. Easily he's the worst. We've have a steady decline since Frost. Can't say O'Leary because he at least brought some good years. Up down up down up down down.
He was not the worst. In fact he brought competitive football to UCF and gave it name recognition.( he took over an 0-10 D3 team n played the top D2 teams and beat a quality D1AA team) I was there playing a different sport, but he brought recognition to UCF and we had no money. He had a reputation as “2 year Lou” because of his limited stay expectancy. He actually was very good but was in conflict with AD Peterson from the get go. He left because he said promises were made but not fulfilled. He brought some NFLers (Sam, Wilson and Davis) to the team when we had no history. He was good but u always knew he was looking for a new venture. (Was a military regime guy too)

Gave McDowell something to work with and Gene did a great job Lou did a lot with next to nothing but u knew he would leave soon. He was good

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT