ADVERTISEMENT

Harvey & Hudson announce 2024 return 🤺⚔️🚀

Someone that might actually get drafted at least. My only knock on him was adjusting to throws that were off target. He didn’t go up and get it. We aren’t lacking for receivers. Losing a luxury.
Are you kidding right now? “He didn’t go up and get it”?! Have you watched any of our games the last 2 years, that’s all he did was make crazy acrobatic catches. He would occasionally drop the routine easy catches was his only issue…

Are you kidding right now? “He didn’t go up and get it”?! Have you watched any of our games the last 2 years, that’s all he did was make crazy acrobatic catches. He would occasionally drop the routine easy catches was his only issue…
He wouldn’t adjust to JRPs underthrows. DB either outhumped him and knocked it down or he came back and dropped it a lot. Go back and watch games this year. I can’t spoon feed you.

Reactions: 80'sKnight
He wouldn’t adjust to JRPs underthrows. DB either outhumped him and knocked it down or he came back and dropped it a lot. Go back and watch games this year. I can’t spoon feed you.
You’re clueless as always. You’re the one that needs to go back and watch games lmfao 🤣

Last edited:
You’re clueless as always. You’re the one that needs to go back and watch games lmfao 🤣
Just say you have no idea what you’re talking about and move on. Against WV he had 3 catches for 34 yards and a TD but in 10 targets. Including this one.
Usually when it was under thrown he’d come back and ball would hit hands or chest and fall to ground. Or he just didn’t adjust. Most of his long catches were defensive lapses and he was 15 yards open.

Reactions: Robert0122
Just say you have no idea what you’re talking about and move on. Against WV he had 3 catches for 34 yards and a TD but in 10 targets. Including this one.
Usually when it was under thrown he’d come back and ball would hit hands or chest and fall to ground. Or he just didn’t adjust. Most of his long catches were defensive lapses and he was 15 yards open.
I’m going to move on, but it’s because you don’t know what you are talking about. Classic showing one example and state it as a fact. There’s so many more ridiculous catches he’s made that most wouldn’t by “going up and getting it”. He’s missed some routine catches, makes more hard catches than most.

Just say you don’t watch games. #hater

52 catches on 90 targets. That doesn’t sound great. I doubt 38 passes were totally Uncatchable. I can’t find drop rate but at Bama the receivers his years were dropping 9% of the passes. That’s a lot for 4 and 5 star receivers.

Black and Gold Goggles getting strapped on tight now for the off season. We going undefeated and someone on the team is winning the 2024 Heisman. :p :p :p

• Wow
Reactions: I ABear I
52 catches on 90 targets. That doesn’t sound great. I doubt 38 passes were totally Uncatchable. I can’t find drop rate but at Bama the receivers his years were dropping 9% of the passes. That’s a lot for 4 and 5 star receivers.
Bro have you watched any of the games, JRP sailed passes all them time. Baker did drop some passes, but you should rewatch the games dude.

Baker is no Gabe Davis
True, but very much reminds me of Perriman…..dropped easy balls at times, but great body control, can catch anything, and creates separation. If Baker had Bortles and Holman throwing to him, and was faster, maybe he gets to be a 1st round pick.

True, but very much reminds me of Perriman…..dropped easy balls at times, but great body control, can catch anything, and creates separation. If Baker had Bortles and Holman throwing to him, and was faster, maybe he gets to be a 1st round pick.
I thought Perriman was going to be good in NFL. Only a few catches. Disappointing.

Reactions: Shark19
Agreed, 100% correct. It seems like people are watching a completely different sport than I am when I read some of this stuff...

My take with Baker over the last couple of years is that maturity seems to be something that holds him back at times. He's an emotional player, and I think he gets too down sometimes. I wasn't crazy at certain points about his body language on the field, and I could see when he was not heavily involved in the passing attack that he would seem to check out for long stretches at a time. But I will say, I think he's gotten much better in that area over the course of this season, (compared to last year and the beginning of this year). He's even become an above-average blocker off the ball, which was a really welcomed addition to his game that I didn't see much of earlier in his UCF career. Noticeably more mature than when he got to UCF.

Maybe the emotions/focus caused Baker to lose concentration at times, and that led to a couple memorable drops from him. But what I would absolutely never accuse him of is not adjusting to balls thrown his way, or not "going up and getting the ball". What a take, where does this stuff come from lol? Baker possesses arguably some of the best ball-skills any receiver at UCF has ever had. He excelled at high-pointing off target balls and pulling in catches among multiple defenders. And he was as elite as any player I saw across the country over the last two seasons making circus/difficult catches along the sideline (and keeping his feet in bounds).

I don't know if he necessarily possesses elite NFL speed, or elite NFL size (like a Gabe Davis), but what I do know is that he has tremendous ball-skills, which absolutely includes high-pointing balls and making difficult catches.

Last edited:
Baker is no Gabe Davis
No he is not. He's not blessed with Gabe's elite frame. And he didn't play in Josh Heupel's offense with Milton and Gabriel throwing passes to him either. But for playing in a run-heavy headscratching Gus offense, I think he did pretty damn well.

Gabe was an absolute monster in that scheme (in his role). It fit him perfectly, and he was drafted into a pretty incredible (and ideal) environment with Buffalo as well.

Agreed, 100% correct. It seems like people are watching a completely different sport than I am when I read some of this stuff...

My take with Baker over the last couple of years is that maturity seems to be something that holds him back at times. He's an emotional player, and I think he gets too down sometimes. I wasn't crazy at certain points about his body language on the field, and I could see when he was not heavily involved in the passing attack that he would seem to check out for long stretches at a time. But I will say, I think he's gotten much better in that area over the course of this season, (compared to last year and the beginning of this year). He's even become an above-average blocker off the ball, which was a really welcomed addition to his game that I didn't see much of earlier in his UCF career. Noticeably more mature than when he got to UCF.

Maybe the emotions/focus caused Baker to lose concentration at times, and that led to a couple memorable drops from him. But what I would absolutely never accuse him of is not adjusting to balls thrown his way, or not "going up and getting the ball". What a take, where does this stuff come from lol? Baker possesses arguably some of the best ball-skills any receiver at UCF has ever had. He excelled at high-pointing off target balls and pulling in catches among multiple defenders. And he was as elite as any player I saw across the country over the last two seasons making circus/difficult catches along the sideline (and keeping his feet in bounds).

I don't know if he necessarily possesses elite NFL speed, or elite NFL size (like a Gabe Davis), but what I do know is that he has tremendous ball-skills, which absolutely includes high-pointing balls and making difficult catches.
Exactly, well said.

Hard to tell if he is trolling at this point but Baker posted a ‘back in black’ w Hudson on his IG Story

I’m glad you guys aren’t scouting for my NFL team. Knights are best ever. Absolutely no flaws. He’s coming back because they told him what he needs to work on or go undrafted. He’d be gone if told he was a top 4 round pick. Maybe you don’t watch other players. Who knows.

I’m glad you guys aren’t scouting for my NFL team. Knights are best ever. Absolutely no flaws. He’s coming back because they told him what he needs to work on or go undrafted. He’d be gone if told he was a top 4 round pick. Maybe you don’t watch other players. Who knows.
Yeah, I don’t think any of us have to worry about you owning an NFL team…….you should probably just come concentrate on acquiring two nickels so you have something to rub together.

Baker would get drafted this year, but would benefit from another year in college, so it is good for all of us if he returns.

• Haha
Reactions: U C to the F
Yeah, I don’t think any of us have to worry about you owning an NFL team…….you should probably just come concentrate on acquiring two nickels so you have something to rub together.

Baker would get drafted this year, but would benefit from another year in college, so it is good for all of us if he returns.
Why the personal attacks about someone’s financial situation (which btw you know nothing about)? If he earned 20X what you do would it “improve” his opinion in your eyes because he makes more money than you?

Last edited:
Reactions: Poolside Knight
Why the personal attacks about someone’s financial situation (which btw you know nothing about)? If he earned 20X what you do would it “improve” his opinion in your eyes because he makes more money than you.
Meh, no less of a “personal attack” than he was making on reviewing our players. Obviously, I don’t care what he makes….if he owns an NFL team, mad respect.

Reactions: Robert0122
Gave my opinion on a receiver that’s threatening to enter draft for more money. He does great when defenses blow coverage and he’s 15 yards past them. When coming back for ball his drop percentage goes up drastically. Gave stats and video evidence. For some odd reason that’s not good enough. He’d be gone if given a top 4 round grade. Yet here we are.

Gave my opinion on a receiver that’s threatening to enter draft for more money. He does great when defenses blow coverage and he’s 15 yards past them. When coming back for ball his drop percentage goes up drastically. Gave stats and video evidence. For some odd reason that’s not good enough. He’d be gone if given a top 4 round grade. Yet here we are.
I take no position on the merits of either position. I just object when we as UCF fans personally attack each other because we have a difference of opinion.

I take no position on the merits of either position. I just object when we as UCF fans personally attack each other because we have a difference of opinion.
That’s what people in here do. Same with the Dungeon. I don’t get that mentality.

I half agree with you on his assessment. He has dropped a lot of key passes and at times didn’t fight for the ball. But there were other plays when he did fight and come down with the 50-50 ball. So he’s got the talent, the big issue is consistency. Actually that’s true for both him and Kobe. I thought that he improved the 2nd half of the season, so I’m looking forward to him being back.

One thing others have mentioned that is an issue, is that he and the other receivers don’t have the speed to take the top off the defense. We don’t have that go route burner right now

Reactions: BlakNGoldAllDay
I have no agree. Baker needed to come back. Whether it was because the QB threw a hard to catch ball, or he dropped ones he shouldn't, he definitely needed to come back and improve. To mimic an earlier comment... "You must not have been watching the games I did... I saw a small, small, small, amount of KEY drops that ended drives that lost the game in the long run." Yes, he made fantastically great catches, but if that doesn't happen every time, then you need to get better. That's all that's needed. He's got the chance to be great, now he just needs some more work and maybe getting a different QB (maybe a better), will make him a better WR. He desperately needed to stay another year- Harvey I wished left. He'll be great for us next year, but what does he need to improve on? I could be wrong, but there were too many drops this year.

He had quite a few non-key miscues as well. Early downs and ended up getting first down on that series. It was a theme in Gameday threads in Discord. Too many times I had to say it. After a while I didn’t even have to. Was a given.

He doesnt crack our top 5.

I woukd rate our best wr’s as

1)Brandon Marshall
2)Gabe
3)Tre’Quan
4)Snelson
5) Aiken
Baker is better than #4-5 here

Other guys to throw into this mix:
Mike Walker
Ranell Hall
Breshad Perriman
Marlon Williams

But if Baker averages next year what has done each of the past 2 years, he will be our #1 all-time in receiving yards

I don't necessarily think of guys like Doug Gabriel or even Brandon Marshall first when I think of all-time great UCF receivers. They had absolutely monster single-seasons, but for various reasons, didn't necessarily have the 2-3 years of greatness for UCF like some other guys did on my list. I think my top-five would have to be:

1) T. Smith (Frost era, top receiver from the 2017 team, 1st all-time in yards, 2nd in TD's).
2) G. Davis (member of 2017 team, top receiver from 2018-19, all-time leader in TD's)
3) M. Sims-Walker (T-1st in catchesm 2nd all-time in yards, helped lead UCF to first bowl game)
4) J. Worton (ranks 3rd all time in TD's, 5th all-time in catches, solid four-year player helped lead team to bowl appearances in three of his four seasons, including Fiesta Bowl).

Five is kind of wide open. You could argue Nonsant (was before my time, only player I've mentioned I didn't get to watch play while at school/post-grad), Marshall, Perriman, Fryzel, Williams, Gabriel, etc. If Baker were to come back, I think he would easily finish his career inside this top-five (on pace to become the school's all-time leader in yards).

I don't necessarily think of guys like Doug Gabriel or even Brandon Marshall first when I think of all-time great UCF receivers. They had absolutely monster single-seasons, but for various reasons, didn't necessarily have the 2-3 years of greatness for UCF like some other guys did on my list. I think my top-five would have to be:

1) T. Smith (Frost era, top receiver from the 2017 team, 1st all-time in yards, 2nd in TD's).
2) G. Davis (member of 2017 team, top receiver from 2018-19, all-time leader in TD's)
3) M. Sims-Walker (T-1st in catchesm 2nd all-time in yards, helped lead UCF to first bowl game)
4) J. Worton (ranks 3rd all time in TD's, 5th all-time in catches, solid four-year player helped lead team to bowl appearances in three of his four seasons, including Fiesta Bowl).

Five is kind of wide open. You could argue Nonsant (was before my time, only player I've mentioned I didn't get to watch play while at school/post-grad), Marshall, Perriman, Fryzel, Williams, Gabriel, etc. If Baker were to come back, I think he would easily finish his career inside this top-five (on pace to become the school's all-time leader in yards).
While I agree with you, mostly but It should be noted:

Doug Gabriel- came from JC and only played two seasons for us but was very productive for those two seasons at UCF the moment he walked on that field.

Brandon Marshall- was forced to play safety for one season under GOL.

Both players stats would be inflated too if they played 3-4 seasons like Traquon and Gabe.

Doug Gabriel- came from JC and only played two seasons for us but was very productive for those two seasons at UCF the moment he walked on that field.

Both players stats would be inflated too if they played 3-4 seasons like Traquon and Gabe.
Hard to compare and contrast a Player of the Year recipient to a Lifetime Achievement award winner.

Correct, aware of that and I agree. That’s why I mentioned “for various reasons, didn’t have as many years of greatness” above.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT