ADVERTISEMENT

Has there been an official Apologize to Milton thread?

Stormthecourt?

Golden Knight
Jan 19, 2012
I haven't been on the board in a couple months but I'm wondering if there's been a thread where people can apologize to MM for trying to run him out of town after the bowl game and during the summer?

Like you said, you haven't been on this board for a couple months. Many on this board weren't calling for him to be tarred and feathered. But if you're feeling guilty "go ahead and get it out here in this thread". Usually the cheating husbands are the ones who are most paranoid about their wives cheating on them.

Most people on this site were hoping for an improved Milton and so far so good. His durability is still our greatest concern.

Like you said, you haven't been on this board for a couple months. Many on this board weren't calling for him to be tarred and feathered. But if you're feeling guilty "go ahead and get it out here in this thread". Usually the cheating husbands are the ones who are most paranoid about their wives cheating on them.

Most people on this site were hoping for an improved Milton and so far so good. His durability is still our greatest concern.

A great game against FIU does not make a Heisman winner...

We'll see how he does against Memphis

Reactions: UCF_Diver39
He appeared servicable after the FIU game....but it was FIU. Like has been said, it's not all on him because the 5 guys in front of him need to give him some time to throw as well. I think most people give a true freshman a "pass" on many things but basics like constantly hanging the ball up in the air is not something you can just overlook and attribute to inexperience. We'll just let them play and see what unfolds. The next 3 weeks will be very telling.

Reactions: LemmyKilmister
Could everyone please get off the knee-jerk reactions? Come back and apologize about your dislike of a UCF QB after he's played someone who has a defense. My word, so many open receivers it's not really that extraordinary to hit one of them. FIU's CBs were rather clueless. But, you'd have to admit only a small handful of passes were overthrown this game compared to every single pass last year. It is obvious he's learned something in the off season, so at least he can improve. I hope he tears through the rest of the year.

FoodThief.gif

I haven't been on the board in a couple months but I'm wondering if there's been a thread where people can apologize to MM for trying to run him out of town after the bowl game and during the summer?
While i agree, it was still FIU, need a bigger sample size. Much better than last year but that all goes to waste if he isnt consistent.

He was doing the same thing as last year. Throwing up 50/50 balls. Last year our guys didn't catch them. Against FIU we did. He isn't a great QB but we just need it close and have our receivers go up and get it.

He was doing the same thing as last year. Throwing up 50/50 balls. Last year our guys didn't catch them. Against FIU we did. He isn't a great QB but we just need it close and have our receivers go up and get it.
Some of his passes were pretty impressive, others were up for grabs. On one play, he threw into quadruple coverage...quadruple coverage.

I will if he keeps it up and we keep winning. No problem there.

However, our expectations were high and remain high. That goes wth any UCF starting QB. In addition, he had some first year flaws/issues that even Frost and Milton himself have acknowledged

Nothing tells the world that you're a bigger man (or woman) than picking on an 18 year-old student-athlete. As always, the class act that some of our fans display ... sigh.

Reactions: 90Knight
Nothing tells the world that you're a bigger man (or woman) than picking on an 18 year-old student-athlete. As always, the class act that some of our fans display ... sigh.
Don't get me wrong, I see some good upside to "Eminem" (yes, i'm officially trying to coin that nickname here on the forum) and I think he's going to make some amazing plays this season and possibly into the next one, but please spare me the "18 year old student athlete" mantra. We've got kids close to that age operating nuclear aircraft carriers, piloting F-22 Raptors, and hunting down the Taliban on Seal Team 6. At the end of the day he's a grown f**cking man.

Don't get me wrong, I see some good upside to "Eminem" (yes, i'm officially trying to coin that nickname here on the forum) and I think he's going to make some amazing plays this season and possibly into the next one, but please spare me the "18 year old student athlete" mantra.
No, sorry, I won't. Not only because of how I feel, but also because ...

We've got kids close to that age operating nuclear aircraft carriers
Exhibit A ...

Yes, similarly aged kids are on nuclear aircraft carriers, but you're talking about them not having to answer to snotty fans, only late 20s (and older). These kids are not leaders, but followers ... let alone they purposely had their entire lives broken down from boot camp, for a reason.

But even Exhibit A isn't as much as ...

piloting F-22 Raptors
Exhibit B ...

The average age of an air superiority driver is well beyond 25. They don't give those F-22s to kids. Most are from the experienced F-15 ranks.

And now ...

and hunting down the Taliban on Seal Team 6.
Exhibit C ...

You obviously don't know the first thing about the Teams, and Operators in general. Look up their average ages. Seriously, look it up.

Youth is not the preferred attribute.

So, in the end ...

At the end of the day he's a grown f**cking man.
Let's say I agree with you.

I'd just rather MM answer to someone who knows what they are talking about, instead of yourself.

But, alas ... this is the kiddie board.

Let's say I agree with you.

I'd just rather MM answer to someone who knows what they are talking about, instead of yourself.

But, alas ... this is the kiddie board.

Good points UCFBS ....... but why you tryin' to cock block my Eminem phrase, huh???

Reactions: UCFBS
he had me nervous in the 1st half with the high throws but great 2nd half. His run game opens things up more as long as he's smart to try to avoid the big hit

Reactions: Stormthecourt?
He's really starting to mature. Made really good decisions with the football, nice touch, great pocket awareness and just took what the defense gave him.

Reactions: Miltonian
2 Games
636 all-purpose yards
5 TD
1 INT
0 Fumbles
0 Sacks Allowed
MM also leads the AAC in passing yds per game and he's 4th in the nation in qb rating.
Ironically, UCF has no runners or receivers in the top 30 in yd/game. That's balance!

Yeah, I'm not apologizing for saying he was awful last year. He was.

But I never stopped rooting for him. He has UCF on his helmet, I want him to do well.

Reactions: LemmyKilmister
He's playing well. No doubt. However, we will be playing 12-13 games. We have played 3. Beat USF and will give him a statue

Milton is still floating passes that are going to get somebody leveled. Snelson has been on the receiving end of a few.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT