ADVERTISEMENT

Haunted Houses: Yay or nay?

Ace of Knights

Silver Knight
Sep 6, 2009
Went out to HHN last night. First time in about 5-6 years. The crowds suck but I love a good haunted house.

What’s thou cooler say?

Last edited:
Haunted Houses are awesome. I wish we had more here. Up in New Jersey, pretty much every town had a big one. Halloween time was pretty serious business.
HHN is very well done, but those crowds kill it.

Have you heard about these "Extreme Horror" experience things? Basically, people pay other people to scare and torture them. Pretty much the dumbest thing I've ever seen. Look up McKamey Manor. I thought it was fake at first, but it is real and people really do this crap.

HHN would be good if the line to each house wasn’t an hour. Same now with howl o scream in Tampa.

Haunted Houses are awesome. I wish we had more here. Up in New Jersey, pretty much every town had a big one. Halloween time was pretty serious business.

Have you heard about these "Extreme Horror" experience things? Basically, people pay other people to scare and torture them. Pretty much the dumbest thing I've ever seen. Look up McKamey Manor. I thought it was fake at first, but it is real and people really do this crap.

Yeah I’ve seen stuff on that. You pay for it and set it up and they’ll randomly kidnap you months later. I saw something about how they drove a guy several hundred miles in a box. Left him in the box for hours and and then he had a “Saw” inspired type house he had to escape from.

Ultimate thrill type stuff I guess. I assume they aren’t in any immediate danger but they’ll definitely make it uncomfortable for those who sign up for it.

I love the craft manship of HHN Houses. They put so much detail into them. But I’d never do that ultimate scare stuff.

It’s all lame. You know people will be trying to jump out and scare you, it’s all fake, no one can legally do anything to you without consent. I get the people who do the bigger thrill thing, but even then it’s all set up. It’s dumb.

I worked a HHN once, guess that’s why I know the tricks. That a tv has desensitized me lol

It’s all lame. You know people will be trying to jump out and scare you, it’s all fake, no one can legally do anything to you without consent. I get the people who do the bigger thrill thing, but even then it’s all set up. It’s dumb.

I worked a HHN once, guess that’s why I know the tricks. That a tv has desensitized me lol

Wait... you mean there really isn't a bunch of evil clowns killing people at Universal Studios every night? F'ING LAME!!!

How much for just a choking?

Went when A student at ucf. So many people and the houses were lame. Would be cool for the under 14 crowd. Don’t understand the folks outta college that waste money on that.

But hey...the melting pot is still in business

Haunted houses are for children. If you're an adult and going to haunted houses you're likely a pedo and only looking to grope little kids when they get scared.

Reactions: cnsaguy
I got to HHN every year for the past 11 years now. Before I had kids, we would do the frequent fear pass. Wed would always go early and hit 3 or 4 hours and then leave once the lines got to about an hour long, and go back the next week.

Now that we have kids, we only go in late September and do the fast pass. Again we go early and are often one of the first through the gates when it opens. We hit every single house, some multiple times, ride most of the rides, and see bill and ted.

Reactions: Ace of Knights
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT