ADVERTISEMENT

Have you ever met someone who grew up in the “Middle East?”

UCFhonors

Todd's Tiki Bar
Feb 20, 2010
obviously I have. I’m honorable after all.

Meeting and really getting to know people on a personal and philosophical level is one of the biggest reasons why I’m a huge advocate for Open Borders. The other main reason is bc I’ve actuall read and understood American founding documents.

Persians to me, are the most misunderstood people. What you think of them is all from a grand American propaganda machine which is against the people and from CIA Blowback.

If you have to ask yourself what a Persian is, than you are the problem.

obviously I have. I’m honorable after all.

Meeting and really getting to know people on a personal and philosophical level is one of the biggest reasons why I’m a huge advocate for Open Borders. The other main reason is bc I’ve actuall read and understood American founding documents.

Persians to me, are the most misunderstood people. What you think of them is all from a grand American propaganda machine which is against the people and from CIA Blowback.

If you have to ask yourself what a Persian is, than you are the problem.

I had a commercial renter who grew up in Israel and went to high school with a kid that grew up in Iran (persia). Both pretty nice guys and neither were very strongly opinionated about anything.

not the middle east, but had a good friend from morocco. unfortunately she moved away many years ago and doesnt use social media so we dont talk anymore. my friends wife is half iranian, though she was born here.

Reactions: UCFhonors
The open borders concept is wonderful in theory, here's the rub: you used Persians, so we'll go with that, you lose the Persian aspect of Persia if you flood Persia with people not from Persia.(Cue autist posts about European settlers to America vs Native Americans).

Back to your question, went to HS with a kid from Iraq (described most Iraqis as "dogs" hence Saddam was good) and another from Lebannon who was a big fan of the USA.

Reactions: UCFWayne
The open borders concept is wonderful in theory, here's the rub: you used Persians, so we'll go with that, you lose the Persian aspect of Persia if you flood Persia with people not from Persia.(Cue autist posts about European settlers to America vs Native Americans).

Back to your question, went to HS with a kid from Iraq (described most Iraqis as "dogs" hence Saddam was good) and another from Lebannon who was a big fan of the USA.

Sure, migration could change Persia. And maybe being the center of the known world and the middle of the silk road - literally the intersection of all trade and exchange of knowledge with complete open borders for 2,600 years did "change Persia." Or maybe. Just maybe being open to the know world made Persia and actually built America for that matter.

It's a very recent concept that a kingdom, city state or nation could "control" their imaginary lines on a maps. For most of time, borders were just a concept. It wasn't until modern surveying techniques in the 1800s did people actually buy into a concept of a border.

But to your point. What did change Persia from a very openly accepting of Western culture in the beginning of the 20th Century to having an oppressive Theocracy now know as Iran was the CIA.

22 Amazing Portrait Photos of Iranian Women From Between the 1920s and 1950s

https://www.vintag.es/2017/03/22-amazing-portrait-photos-of-iranian.html

Iranian%2BGirls%2B1920s-1950s%2B%25281%2529.jpg

Iranian%2BGirls%2B1920s-1950s%2B%252810%2529.jpg

Iranian%2BGirls%2B1920s-1950s%2B%252821%2529.jpg

Sure, migration could change Persia. And maybe being the center of the known world and the middle of the silk road - literally the intersection of all trade and exchange of knowledge with complete open borders for 2,600 years did "change Persia." Or maybe. Just maybe being open to the know world made Persia and actually built America for that matter.

It's a very recent concept that a kingdom, city state or nation could "control" their imaginary lines on a maps. For most of time, borders were just a concept. It wasn't until modern surveying techniques in the 1800s did people actually buy into a concept of a border.

But to your point. What did change Persia from a very openly accepting of Western culture in the beginning of the 20th Century to having an oppressive Theocracy now know as Iran was the CIA.

22 Amazing Portrait Photos of Iranian Women From Between the 1920s and 1950s

https://www.vintag.es/2017/03/22-amazing-portrait-photos-of-iranian.html

Iranian%2BGirls%2B1920s-1950s%2B%25281%2529.jpg

Iranian%2BGirls%2B1920s-1950s%2B%252810%2529.jpg

Iranian%2BGirls%2B1920s-1950s%2B%252821%2529.jpg

The british government and BP may have had a little more to do with it than the CIA.

A couple years ago the hotel we stayed at had a waiter that was from the Middle East . Rhamadan had just started and he was telling us all sorts of stories about celebrating it . His English wasn’t the best but we made sure and asked for him every morning . Interesting and very nice guy

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT