ADVERTISEMENT

Heavily armed bullet proof vest wearing psycho killed by Cops

This isn't the '80s and '90s any more. Police don't just carry .38 revolvers and only have squad cars. They have high velocity automatic cartridges in large magazines, and the US military gave them all the MRAPs left over from Afghanistan and Iraq they could take.

BTW, the old joke "Millennial anti-theft (and anti-carjacking) device" seems to hold true ...

"31-year-old Jerrod Kershaw ... wearing a bullet-proof vest and brandishing a gun — tried to carjack one vehicle but couldn't because it had a manual transmission"

This isn't the '80s and '90s any more. Police don't just carry .38 revolvers and only have squad cars. They have high velocity automatic cartridges in large magazines, and the US military gave them all the MRAPs left over from Afghanistan and Iraq they could take.

BTW, the old joke "Millennial anti-theft (and anti-carjacking) device" seems to hold true ...

"31-year-old Jerrod Kershaw ... wearing a bullet-proof vest and brandishing a gun — tried to carjack one vehicle but couldn't because it had a manual transmission"

Yeah...I saw that and laughed!!

Amazing that almost an entire generation now has grown up without learning how to drive stick....they are missing out.

Reactions: UCFBS
Yeah...I saw that and laughed!!
Amazing that almost an entire generation now has grown up without learning how to drive stick....they are missing out.
I'm teaching my co-season ticket holder's daughter how to drive my manual transmission "beater" later this year as part of her driving lessons. If she can drive a stick, she can drive any car.

That said, even 'slushboxes' are upshifting extremely fast these days. Downshifting, not so much, but Ford-GM have co-developed their 8+ gear, single clutch automatic transmissions together, and they can upshift faster than a Porsche PDK DCT.

Again, downshifting is another story, especially under off-axis torque.

I'm teaching my co-season ticket holder's daughter how to drive my manual transmission "beater" later this year as part of her driving lessons. If she can drive a stick, she can drive any car.

Also, if she can dodge a wrench, she can dodge a ball.

Reactions: UCFBS
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT