ADVERTISEMENT

Hello from BYU fan

GABronco

Two-Star Recruit
Mar 21, 2021
Hi all. I’m a lifelong BYU fan and proud parent of a daughter who will start at UCF this fall. I have a ton of respect for what your football team has accomplished the past few years and I hope you have great success in the future. I’ll be paying closer attention to UCF now and hope the winning tradition keeps growing (except those rare occasions BYU plays you).

BTW—I just saw “the future of college football is in Orlando” billboard here in Atlanta today. I like the ad campaign.

My daughter's top 3 school choices were Univ. of Tennessee, Univ. of South Carolina, and UCF. For her major (computer science), UCF had the highest rankings of those schools--so academics were her primary motivation. But she mentioned good athletics as a nice side benefit. We are LDS and my 3 other kids went to BYU--but my youngest was clear she wants to blaze her own trail and had zero interest in following her sisters.

BYU starts a 3 year series against USF this year--so I'm looking forward to the shared desire to see BYU win those 3 games (even if you're really just rooting for USF to lose). ;) My daughter and I have already circled November 11, 2023 in Orlando and August 31, 2024 in Provo when UCF and BYU play. Besides those 2 games, I'll be all in for UCF to win everything else.

Hi all. I’m a lifelong BYU fan and proud parent of a daughter who will start at UCF this fall. I have a ton of respect for what your football team has accomplished the past few years and I hope you have great success in the future. I’ll be paying closer attention to UCF now and hope the winning tradition keeps growing (except those rare occasions BYU plays you).

BTW—I just saw “the future of college football is in Orlando” billboard here in Atlanta today. I like the ad campaign.
Where did you see that billboard in ATL, (I might need to go take a picture)?

Congrats to your daughter and all of her hard work. Sounds super bright.

Orlando has a large and growing LDS population as Orlando I think was home to the first Temple built in FL.

If you ever make it down for a game let me know and you are more than happy to swing by our pre-game cookout.

Props again and best wishes to your daughter.

PS. Feel free to cheer extra hard for us on opening weekend when he face another BYU regular foe, Boise St.

Also...UCF/BYU signed another 2 year contract as BYU will be coming to Orlando in 2023 and UCF will open up the 2024 season at BYU.

Reactions: GABronco
Where did you see that billboard in ATL, (I might need to go take a picture)?

UCF has put up 10 billboards all over Atlanta...as ATL was the #1 recruiting metro recruiting area for Gus while he was at Auburn.

EvuT2O0VcAUYORd

UCF has put up 10 billboards all over Atlanta...as ATL was the #1 recruiting metro recruiting area for Gus while he was at Auburn.

EvuT2O0VcAUYORd
Huh. Shows how often I drive through the city lately. Just from Smyrna to the airport then back to Smyrna.

My daughter's top 3 school choices were Univ. of Tennessee, Univ. of South Carolina, and UCF. For her major (computer science), UCF had the highest rankings of those schools--so academics were her primary motivation. But she mentioned good athletics as a nice side benefit. We are LDS and my 3 other kids went to BYU--but my youngest was clear she wants to blaze her own trail and had zero interest in following her sisters.

BYU starts a 3 year series against USF this year--so I'm looking forward to the shared desire to see BYU win those 3 games (even if you're really just rooting for USF to lose). ;) My daughter and I have already circled November 11, 2023 in Orlando and August 31, 2024 in Provo when UCF and BYU play. Besides those 2 games, I'll be all in for UCF to win everything else.

Your daughter is making a wise choice. I'm LDS as well and got my Bachelors and Masters at UCF and now take my son to all home games, and many away games.

Orlando has a pretty decent YSA scene (that's where I met my wife) and had 2 wards when I was at UCF.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT