ADVERTISEMENT

Heupel Defenders

Why don't we ever have 28 commits? Every year the number is in the mid teens.
1. we don't generally have a high attrition rate. not many, if any academic casualties.
2. we have a good walk-on program and one or two players every year seem to get put on scholarship.
3. the transfers in cancel the outs.

Reactions: UCFBS
Excuse..the guy took a historically bad program.and brought it respect. He won against Virginia Tech for the first time in 15 years and won the first Coastal title for Virginia. I dont need any excuse. Both Miami, FSU and UCF would love to have him as a coach over their current coach.

I'm really starting to think your affiliated with CJH to be making such outrageously stupid assessments.

90% of our fanbase would have supported him taking over from Frost instead of CJH.
Yes, if possible, I would prefer Mendenhall over Heupel, but it was never a realistic possibility.

Similarly, I have read Jason Candle's name as a prospect for UCF since Frost left 2 years ago, but I don't see him as a possibility, either. I have fully expected him to get a P5 job for him to leave Toledo... But then his season at Toledo this year was a bit underwhelming, and his phone never rang.

Sorry......Data without analysis to provide meaningful context is bullshit..........it can be spun to be totally misleading.......

Data example: 7 out of 10 florida athletes prefer to attend college and play sports in Florida. That data is not bs but further analysis along with more data may show how to sway them to play in Montana.

Why don't we ever have 28 commits? Every year the number is in the mid teens.
+1 it shouldn’t be this difficult to recruit numbers and this staff does process guys so it makes it even more head scratching. You would think they were selling Uconn not UCF

Reactions: Yaes
1. we don't generally have a high attrition rate. not many, if any academic casualties.
2. we have a good walk-on program and one or two players every year seem to get put on scholarship.
3. the transfers in cancel the outs.
^ Nailed it, and in-order too -- especially #1.

UCF has room for 20-22 this year. No team can sign 28 in a year unless they are grey shirting or blue shirting and then those count against the numbers another year. UCF had 22 sign last season plus 9 transfers in. Those have to be balanced by transfers out or graduation to free up scholarships since UCF can offer 85 total.

Serious question (not trolling here) for those that think Heupel is still the right guy for our program - what is it that you are seeing that gives you that optimism?

I disagree with many on DG, I think he will be an absolute stud assuming he continues to develop. He’s inconsistent but so are almost all true freshman QBs. So I’ll give Heupel credit for bringing him in here and beginning to develop him.

What else? Aside from DG all I’m seeing are signs of continued regression all around (OL, lack of development in defensive playmakers, misuse of many offensive weapons, limited offensive play calling adjustments. lack of discipline, etc ), and like many I’m concerned about it, so help me become more optimistic. Looking for specifics here, not just “the guy needs more time”.
I’m still sticking with Heupel.. the only reason we’ve lost 4 games the past 2 years is because our offense production dropped slightly, due to MM.. that’s why we’ve lost the 3 games this year by 7 points...if we can get out PPG back up to 48 (2017) from 43 (2019) we’ll go undefeated again

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT