ADVERTISEMENT

Heupel has his work cut out for him big time.

knightraveler

Bronze Knight
Aug 20, 2014
Who would want to take over a team that just won the National Championship for all intensive purposes and lost their whole coaching staff and went undefeated? Anything but a perfect season will be viewed by some as going backwards. I hope every UCF fan knows that season was really special and even if Scott Frost stayed we might not be this good next season. Our new coaching staff is looking pretty good so I just hope we give them some time. The same thing goes for Nebraska. Scott Frost may not be able to reproduce the success he has had at UCF, at least as fast as he has here.

Who would want to take over a team that just won the National Championship for all intensive purposes and lost their whole coaching staff and went undefeated? Anything but a perfect season will be viewed by some as going backwards. I hope every UCF fan knows that season was really special and even if Scott Frost stayed we might not be this good next season. Our new coaching staff is looking pretty good so I just hope we give them some time. The same thing goes for Nebraska. Scott Frost may not be able to reproduce the success he has had at UCF, at least as fast as he has here.
We will be undefeated next year. Lose 5 starters but lots of ballers coming in. Anyone would want to drive the clown car

Who wouldn't want to take over this team? As for what it looks like to fans? If a HC is worried over that then he needs to back to the baby nursery. The loss of Griffin is like losing the D's soul, the gains we get with our new DC should help tho.

I hope you're right but undefeated is so hard to do. Especially next season with everyone gunning for us.

e
Everyone was gunning for us this year, next year hopefully we won't have the entire year without a week off, and the DC will actually prepare for EVERY game, not just the first 5 and the bowl. (the D did excellent this game)

Not by me. Every season is different and you have to temper your expectations against what you see on the field....after like 4/5 games.

Reactions: SurfaceWarrior
Losing Griffin is huge. He’s such a hybrid. Comes up big in big games. Always makes the special play when needed. Who can replace that? Losing Pittman and Guerard is big too. Defense was sick today. We knew they could be this good. Saved the best for last.

Hope UCF keeps it going and gets into a P5 conference. I watched every UCF game the past 2 years. It been one hell of a ride i have no doubt that Heupel will be a good if not great couch. Congrats on being perfect.

Anyone who expects us to repeat next year with a complete gutting of the staff and changing of the system doesn't have their head screwed on straight.
That said, if we do somehow pull off back to back undefeated seasons, we damn well better be in the playoffs.

Reactions: NU_FTW
We have a good chance to have a really good season next year, and possibly ranked at the beginning of the season. It is difficult to go undefeated, so yes this year was very special. Expectations for Huepel: continue to run the same UCfast spread offense and be competitive in every game. Not going to run him out if we lose a couple of games. :sunglasses:

Anyone who expects us to repeat next year with a complete gutting of the staff and changing of the system doesn't have their head screwed on straight.
That said, if we do somehow pull off back to back undefeated seasons, we damn well better be in the playoffs.
It’s Heupels fault if he changes the system so drastically that we’re not 11-1 or 12-0.
And we could beat everyone by 30 next year and we will not be anywhere close to the playoff

We have a good chance to have a really good season next year, and possibly ranked at the beginning of the season. It is difficult to go undefeated, so yes this year was very special. Expectations for Huepel: continue to run the same UCfast spread offense and be competitive in every game. Not going to run him out if we lose a couple of games. :sunglasses:
UCF will be ranked no doubt. USF finished 2016 ranked and didn’t drop in the 2017 ranking at all despite losing a coaching staff, top RB and top WR. I would expect UCF to be no lower than 15 with who we have returning, though top 10 wouldn’t surprise me.

Reactions: Mikesi
Who would want to take over UCF? Heupel would and I think he and his staff will continue to do great things for UCF. He won't change things just for the sake of changing things. He has a good team coming back and just has to build on their success. Can we go undefeated? Sure. But if we have 3 loses that's not bad either depending on the reasons. Over 3 losses and I'm getting nervous as to why?

I expect a good season next year. but with new schemes n coaches we will drop a couple.

Winners like JH want to take over a team like this.

People like SF and JH don’t see the negatives. Winners know they can win and do so.

Reactions: Mikesi
At defense, we lose Shaquem, and Pittman and Guerard at the front are key too. Man the rollercoaster ride of Guerard from off the team in GOLs final season to key contributor during the Frost years. Burgess-Becker has the inside track to replace Shaq, but it will be difficult to replace arguably the best defensive player in UCF history...certainly one of the most inspired.
As for the offense, I flashed that uneasy smile when Jordan Akins was finally catching passes against those mighty SEC defenders. Every time we talk about how he's always creating mismatches with the defender and on the big game it finally paid off. He will be easily missed. Some of the seniors on the line redeemed themselves after the last two years under GOL. All i can say is thanks for your service, but looking forward to Frost's recruits...and the Juco's Heup brought in as well.
With MM and our core of offense players coming back, it will be much different than what we dealt with post 2013.

As for losing, I say never underestimate South Florida. Those players play like they have something to prove against us even though their fan base says otherwise. We win at least one of two against Pittsburgh and UNC. I think we can beat both but Pitt got the surprise win against Miami at the end of the year so they will ride on that confidence. I'm curious of how we respond to Navy visiting Spectrum Stadium for the first time. They struggled towards the end but beat up Virginia at their bowl. ECU sucked last year but if they beat ACC teams early next year, they will have confidence as we visit Greenville next year. Memphis laid it all this year against us, the AAC and their bowl opponents. All their best players will be gone. I seem naive to think they will suck because they shouldnt have been this good so fast after losing Fuentes and their senior QB in 2015.

Some of the longest winning streaks happened this century. We can possibly win 25 straight but if we make the Final Four for our efforts next year, we lose in the Semis. I cant see it happening though...not until 2019. Success will be winning early against the ACC, ascending late in the CFP polls but struggling enough that we lose before the AAC title game. I will take that at the very least.

I flashed that uneasy smile when Jordan Akins was finally catching passes against those mighty SEC defenders. Every time we talk about how he's always creating mismatches with the defender and on the big game it finally paid off
FINALLY. Maybe he will now flourish in the NFL. It’s been a long up and down 4 year ride for him after his baseball career, but he saved one of his best games for last. He certainly has all the physical tools.

Reactions: ucfversusbcs
One loss and he’s :fire::fire::fire:

There will be calls to bring Walters and Beckton back.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT