ADVERTISEMENT

Heupel vs Gus: Decide it on the field (Cotton Bowl)

AuburnLegacy_1

Silver Knight
Feb 4, 2022
Reactions: mattropolis

Honestly it is laughable at this point to project UCF into the Cotton Bowl. Maybe Jerry Palm doesn't realize the Knights lost to Navy.

I have also seen Tulane and Cincinnati projected for the Cotton Bowl. This year will produce the worst AAC Champion in a long time.
Whoever wins AAC is going to the Cotton

Navy is better than their record shows.

Reactions: U C to the F
Whoever wins AAC is going to the Cotton

Navy is better than their record shows.
As for the first statement, I won't make the assumption that UCF can beat Tulane on the road again or beat home-standing Cincinnati, which has won 32 straight at home, heading into Saturday's game against Tulane.

As for the latter statement, Navy is what its record says it is. However, I will concede that Navy matches up better against certain teams than it does others.

As for the first statement, I won't make the assumption that UCF can beat Tulane on the road again or beat home-standing Cincinnati, which has won 32 straight at home, heading into Saturday's game against Tulane.

As for the latter statement, Navy is what its record says it is. However, I will concede that Navy matches up better against certain teams than it does others.
No matter the outcome, I also expect the AAC champion to play in that bowl game. Who else would end up higher-ranked?

Reactions: PhDee
Coastal Carolina is 9-1 ranked 23rd in both polls. Plays 7-3 James Madison who was ranked at one point and would likely play a 10-2 Troy in conference championship that is 27th/28th in polls.

They finish 11-1, see them getting the nod. Doesn't hurt that this isn't the first season Coastal Carolina has made noise.

Coastal Carolina is 9-1 ranked 23rd in both polls. Plays 7-3 James Madison who was ranked at one point and would likely play a 10-2 Troy in conference championship that is 27th/28th in polls.

They finish 11-1, see them getting the nod. Doesn't hurt that this isn't the first season Coastal Carolina has made noise.
I think Troy beats Coastal in the championship.

In the Colley Matrix, Coastal Carolina, UTSA, and Troy are all ranked higher than all AAC teams.

Huep vs Gus would be a laugh. Gus has nowhere near the talent available to him as Huep right now. We were not a top 20 team a week ago no matter what rankings said. That said this offense is hard to figure out. They can one game be lights out and 7 days later totally inept.

Huep vs Gus would be a laugh. Gus has nowhere near the talent available to him as Huep right now. We were not a top 20 team a week ago no matter what rankings said. That said this offense is hard to figure out. They can one game be lights out and 7 days later totally inept.
Yes but Tennessee just lost their QB and it looks like a big drop off. The Danny White bowl would be interesting.

Reactions: PhDee
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT