ADVERTISEMENT

Hey SEC-FAN-HOMERS...

Central Floridave

Todd's Tiki Bar
Aug 21, 2001
Q. A lot of SEC fans seem to think UCF was getting a little too big for their britches last year. What did it mean to you guys to win that big bowl game, and what sort of response have you gotten from you SEC brethren?

ED ORGERON: It meant a lot for us to win ten games, to win on New Year's Day Six bowl. We had a lot of respect for Central Florida. They were feisty. They had an attitude about themselves. No wonder they won 25 games. They had some very good football players. They were well coached. I knew they were going to fight till the end. They took an onside kick for us to recover to win the football game.

We had a lot of respect for them. I don't know if they got too big for their britches or not. That's not for me to say. I thought that was a tough, hard-fought ball game.

Any program would be happy to be 1-1 in NY6 Bowl games.....period. I don't get why we are perceived as a failure or "don't belong" because we lost one of those games. I mean you don't hear the pundits going around knocking Oklahoma. My opinion is that they have played in 4 monster games that matter. Sure, they wish they had won more but at least they are playing for something. Non-P5 schools are 3-2 in these games.

For example, here are the results of many teams in NY6 Bowl games:
Bama is 6-3
Ohio State is 5-1
Clemson is 5-2
Oklahoma is 1-3
FSU is 1-2
Washington is 0-3
Georgia is 1-2
Wisconsin is 2-0
Auburn, Michigan, and Notre Dame are 0-2

Any program would be happy to be 1-1 in NY6 Bowl games.....period. I don't get why we are perceived as a failure or "don't belong" because we lost one of those games. I mean you don't hear the pundits going around knocking Oklahoma. My opinion is that they have played in 4 monster games that matter. Sure, they wish they had won more but at least they are playing for something. Non-P5 schools are 3-2 in these games.

Bama is 6-3
Ohio State is 5-1
Clemson is 5-2
Oklahoma is 1-3
FSU is 1-2
Washington is 0-3
Georgia is 1-2
Wisconsin is 2-0
Its cause of muh P5....

Orgeron is a stand up guy. He’s all class and one of my favorite coaches. He would never say anything bad about us

Bottom line is unfortunately LSU was able to “shut us up” according to their SEC counterparts. Why? Because we didn’t have our stud QB.

It was a 40-32 loss. Close game. Once Charleton screwed up, we lost our momentum and then Gibson got tossed fo targeting. Heupel was outcoached a bit.

How much was our QB worth vs them missing Greedy Williams and other defensive players? IMO a lot, but sadly, we will never know

Bama is 6-3
Ohio State is 5-1
Clemson is 5-2
Oklahoma is 1-3
FSU is 1-2
Washington is 0-3
Georgia is 1-2
Wisconsin is 2-0
UCF is really 2-1 in Major bowls with the fiesta in 2013.

Its funny how some of these SEC schools want to say their conference brethren LSU shut us up. They know over the last few seasons we would have shut up several SEC schools besides Auburn if they played us.

UCF can’t afford to take a step back now. The momentum is to great. We don’t necessarily have to be accepted by them into their conference for UCF to create a national power program. That is why Danny is big on this whole top 25 program in every sport. We have got to keep winning consistently in all sports. I’m excited to see what this year brings for UCF athletics!

Orgeron is a stand up guy. He’s all class and one of my favorite coaches. He would never say anything bad about us

Bottom line is unfortunately LSU was able to “shut us up” according to their SEC counterparts. Why? Because we didn’t have our stud QB.

It was a 40-32 loss. Close game. Once Charleton screwed up, we lost our momentum and then Gibson got tossed fo targeting. Heupel was outcoached a bit.

How much was our QB worth vs them missing Greedy Williams and other defensive players? IMO a lot, but sadly, we will never know

If you were to compare that game to chess, we were missing our queen, they were missing a few pawns and a bishop.

yea I say it all the time, doesn't matter what athletes they had on defense if we had an inexperienced QB that wasn't able to read the field as needed. QB's whole job is to read defenses and with that D Line pressure, Mack as a freshman wasn't going to be pulling Milton level Houdini plays.

Reactions: Ucfmikes
yea I say it all the time, doesn't matter what athletes they had on defense if we had an inexperienced QB that wasn't able to read the field as needed. QB's whole job is to read defenses and with that D Line pressure, Mack as a freshman wasn't going to be pulling Milton level Houdini plays.
Milton as a Freshman looked bad against Ark St.

If you were to compare that game to chess, we were missing our queen, they were missing a few pawns and a bishop.
Furthermore, (so they said) they replaced some of their other pawns with checker pieces that had never ever ever played chess before.

...And our rook took a penalty for spiking the ball.

UCF is really 2-1 in Major bowls with the fiesta in 2013.

Its funny how some of these SEC schools want to say their conference brethren LSU shut us up. They know over the last few seasons we would have shut up several SEC schools besides Auburn if they played us.

UCF can’t afford to take a step back now. The momentum is to great. We don’t necessarily have to be accepted by them into their conference for UCF to create a national power program. That is why Danny is big on this whole top 25 program in every sport. We have got to keep winning consistently in all sports. I’m excited to see what this year brings for UCF athletics!
Fyi....I was specifically looking at records only since the CFI was implemented. 2013 was a BCS bowl.

to be honest u would beat 12 of the 14 programs i wouild fav UGA by 7 over u and bama 10-13 pts

East
UGA - 7
UF + 3
UK + 17
VANDY +21
TENN + 14
S CAR + 10
MIZZOU +8.5

WEST
BAMA - 10
ARK + 24
AUBURN + 7
MISS + 14
MISS ST + 13
TAM + 4
LSU PK
Interesting. Where did you get this info from?
For this upcoming year?

to be honest u would beat 12 of the 14 programs i wouild fav UGA by 7 over u and bama 10-13 pts

East
UGA - 7
UF + 3
UK + 17
VANDY +21
TENN + 14
S CAR + 10
MIZZOU +8.5

WEST
BAMA - 10
ARK + 24
AUBURN + 7
MISS + 14
MISS ST + 13
TAM + 4
LSU PK

Ark at +24?!? Since you joined the board, I was kind of hoping your team would kick some A this year.

East
UGA - 7
UF + 3
UK + 17
VANDY +21
TENN + 14
S CAR + 10
MIZZOU +8.5

WEST
BAMA - 10
ARK + 24
AUBURN + 7
MISS + 14
MISS ST + 13
TAM + 4
LSU PK

Are these actual #s or just your #s? I don't think UCF would be favored over UF, LSU, Auburn, or A&M this year, and they wouldn't be an 8.5 favorite over Mizzou. They are certainly capable of beating those teams, but with the questions at QB for UCF, I highly doubt they would go into any of them as the favorite, at least at this point.

Reactions: ahabmw
Ark at +24?!? Since you joined the board, I was kind of hoping your team would kick some A this year.
we will try but utill we improve on def by a lot it is gonna be hard to win sec games morris teams can score as u know but we lack speed and tacklied on the def

but morris did give can us a top 25 class off of a 2-10 season hopefully they can go 4-0 in non-conf beat Ole Miss UK and ATM and maybe mizz and go to a bowl
the sad part is on hogvillie because that board is 50/50 on morris and some think i am a homer for even picking to go 7-5

hopefully u guys can go 12-0 again and make ESPN sweat BTW phil Steele not ranking in the top 25 ticks me off as long as u beat Stanford which will be hard but they are basic Pitt they can be beat too hou and ciny u guys couild be 12-0 again

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT