ADVERTISEMENT

holy S @#T

I wonder if this guy is as cocky in real life as he is posting on a message board. Does he trash talk the homeless and get in their face about how much money he has?

Hey @TrueColors – When you say things like this it’s why UCF fans think all you Nebraska Clowns are flat out A-holes. You aren’t having a friendly discussion of the facts like access to a National Championship or contract dollars- You are purposely putting down our school, it’s alumni, and fan base. You’re right, UCF doesn’t have the money Nebraska does. We are not gifted into the same football TV money and our school has only been around about 50 years so we don’t have the same donors. But our school does some pretty amazing things and is heading in the right direction with football. You’re the type of guy that makes fun of the fat girl at the gym. I’m really hoping this is simply you trolling on the boards and no an extension of you act “in real life”.

That said- Make fun of this donation and UCF football finances if you want. I’m proud of what our community is doing to support this program. As much as you want to make fun the value of these donations, there aren’t even the ones that make me most proud. It’s all the guys I know giving $50, $100, $500- typical middle class who want to support. 15 years ago most people didn’t know we had a football team, now people are pulling from their personal budgets. This to me, shows the progress our athletic program is making.

Maybe Nebraska lands Frost. Maybe you even win another national championship one day.... But you'll always be a Di@k.
Great post

Read the article. It's only $14.5 million for folks who on longer work at the University. But, even if it was $20 million, Nebraska has no issue covering it.

Nebraska has a booster fund of $150 million Dollars used for such incidentals like paying old coaches.

Don't worry Knights. The rest of us in the Big 10 are quietly laughing at the chest thumping from the Huskers.

Recently, they've done nothing but help tarnish the name of the conference, much like Rutgers & Maryland.

What I can surmise from this thread is that they're basically the University of Indiana in the West, just with a little bit more $.
This is true on so many levels. Nebraska is what GOL used to call a "check casher". They sit back a basically steal $30M from the conference while providing no added value. Then they say that a school like UCF could never compete. Give us $30M/year extra and a P5 tag and see how well we would complete. We would pass Nebraska faster than they could find their way out of a straight line corn maze. Then again that could take awhile. They are from Nebraska, but you get my point.

The funniest thing about the situation is, if Scott Frost was not from Nebraska, they wouldn't want a damn thing to do with him. They would say he is just a G5 coach and his offense would not fit there (which is doesn't by the way). They would be rioting worse than UT fans.

His biggest issue going there is that the best he could ever do is MEET expectations. He will never be able to make a name for himself. He will (as every coach there has) always be compared to Tom Osborne and anything less an utter failure. He can only aspire to be Tom Osbourne 2.0 and will never be Scott Frost 1.0. If that is what he wants in life, them more power to him. We can't control that. All we can do is offer him a chance to build a program into something great and make a name for himself.

Reactions: KnightNJ
I wonder if this guy is as cocky in real life as he is posting on a message board. Does he trash talk the homeless and get in their face about how much money he has?

Hey @TrueColors – When you say things like this it’s why UCF fans think all you Nebraska Clowns are flat out A-holes. You aren’t having a friendly discussion of the facts like access to a National Championship or contract dollars- You are purposely putting down our school, it’s alumni, and fan base. You’re right, UCF doesn’t have the money Nebraska does. We are not gifted into the same football TV money and our school has only been around about 50 years so we don’t have the same donors. But our school does some pretty amazing things and is heading in the right direction with football. You’re the type of guy that makes fun of the fat girl at the gym. I’m really hoping this is simply you trolling on the boards and no an extension of you act “in real life”.

That said- Make fun of this donation and UCF football finances if you want. I’m proud of what our community is doing to support this program. As much as you want to make fun the value of these donations, there aren’t even the ones that make me most proud. It’s all the guys I know giving $50, $100, $500- typical middle class who want to support. 15 years ago most people didn’t know we had a football team, now people are pulling from their personal budgets. This to me, shows the progress our athletic program is making.

Maybe Nebraska lands Frost. Maybe you even win another national championship one day.... But you'll always be a Di@k.

The analogy you should be using is “Dude sees a conversation get heated between two opposing parties. Hears someone rip on his school that simply has no room to talk and then decides to remind that person of reality.”

I love how seriously people take this stuff. My personal reputation isn’t on the line here and facts have been discussed here and what started as an exchange of information albeit heated, has turned into what you’re seeing the majority of threads turn into.

Nebraska fans have an endless thirst for information on the football program; hence our presence here. What we won’t do is humor people like @Mikesi ’s delusion. If you take offense to that, then the problem is yours. It isn’t mine.

The fact is that when Nebraska came open, Scott Frost was always going to be the top target and it was going to be basically impossible for him to say no. It’s nothing personal. It just is what it is. He was never going to be Chris Peterson and this was never going to be his Boise State. The other thing is, you guys were never going to be home.

I have very much enjoyed watching you guys play this year. Watched a lot of full games and bits and pieces of every single one. Down the stretch I’d look forward more to UCF games than Nebraska ones. With Florida and FSU down you guys would have had a huge chance to leverage this season into much much more IF you were in a P5 conference. With that being said, you have a cement ceiling on exactly where you can be. That’s not mean, it’s simply a fact and those things tend to be stubborn things and rarely care about your feelings. I’m not certain when the next realignment can legally happen, but I’ve read due to TV deals, you might be looking at ‘23. I may be wrong on that number and it certainly could be sooner, but there is no guarantee at that point you go P5.

The funniest thing about the situation is, if Scott Frost was not from Nebraska, they wouldn't want a damn thing to do with him. They would say he is just a G5 coach and his offense would not fit there (which is doesn't by the way). They would be rioting worse than UT fans.

This is the trustest thing written on this site yet.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT