ADVERTISEMENT

Honest thoughts of Scott Frost?

Will Bauer

High School Harry
Aug 28, 2018
Hello, I am student at the University of Nebraska, and I work for the student newspaper, the Daily Nebraskan. I was just curious what the average UCF fan thought of Scott Frost and his decision to leave the UCF program?

My email is williambauer@dailynebraskan.com. Please feel free to message me there as well.

Thanks.

Last edited:
Hello, I am student at the University of Nebraska, and I work for the student newspaper, the Daily Nebraskan. I was just curious what the average UCF fan thought of Scott Frost and his decision to leave the UCF program?

oh a Cornhole from the Daily Nobraskan.

Are you talking about Scott Fraud?

He won't have it as easy there as he did here. Nobraska football is a dumpster fire.

The only thing Nobraska football has done this century is fire coaches. How many 9-3 seasons will it take before you fire Scott Fraud?

Reactions: Mikesi
My opinion, nobody is forced to do their job, and anyone can leave whenever they want. I'm happy for the perfect combination of Scott Frost, Danny White, and the 2017 team that achieved great things for our university. I wish he would've stayed, but it's life, and we need to move on.

Straight Up, Scott Frost could have had a long term relationship with UCF had he chose to stay. In coaching works today, Coaches move almost yearly. Look at Charlie Strong. That guy could still be at Louisville, but no went Texas , stayed for a year or so, gets fired and is now at our Rival USF. Frost could have built UCF into something truly great. He could have carved his own path and not live in the shadow of Tom Osborne. Many people said, he could be the next Bobby Bowden in Florida.

He chose his Alma mater and who can blaim him. Well, we can. Lol. Who knows maybe when Nebraska fires him for being 9-3 four years from now, UCF may be looking for a new coach if Heupel's hype comes to fruition. I wish Scott Frost the best. Admittedly, it would have been nice if he stayed but it is what it is. UCF is a special place. I hope he remembers that down the road. Last year was epic for us and for him. He may never see it again for a long time.

Last edited:
Then what does an extreme fan think of his departure?

Most of us were dissapointed he left as it would have been exciting to see what he would have developed over the next few years. Also most of us get annoyed when P5 programs' fans come to this board and express a holier than thou attitude as if the UCF athletic program doesn't have anything to offer a talented coach.

I have no problem with him. I understand why he left. However I honestly don't believe he will find success at Nebraska. The BIG10 is a different animal than our conference. THe BIG10 is very similar to the NFL. Frost runs a very similar system to Chip Kelley. Kelley failed in the NFL. I hope he finds success and I would love to see Nebraska back on top.

Straight Up, Scott Frost could have had a long term relationship with UCF had he chose to stay. In coaching works today, Coaches move almost yearly. Look at Charlie Strong. That guy could still be at Louisville, but no went Texas , stayed for a year or so, gets fired and is now at our Rival USF. Frost could have built UCF into something truly great. He could have carved his own path and not live in the shadow of Tom Osborne. Many people said, he could be the next Bobby Bowden in Florida.

He chose his Alma mater and who can blaim him. Well, we can. Lol. Who knows maybe when Nebraska fires him for being 9-3 four years from now, UCF may be looking for a new coach if Heupel's hype comes to fruition. I wish Scott Frost the best. Admittedly, it would have been nice if he stayed but it is what it is. UCF is a special place. I hope he remembers that down the road. Last year was epic for us and for him. He may never see it again for a long time.

Would you mind talking more? If so email me back at williambauer@dailynebraskan.com. Thanks.

I have no problem with him. I understand why he left. However I honestly don't believe he will find success at Nebraska. The BIG10 is a different animal than our conference. THe BIG10 is very similar to the NFL. Frost runs a very similar system to Chip Kelley. Kelley failed in the NFL. I hope he finds success and I would love to see Nebraska back on top.

Email me at williambauer@dailynebraskan.com.

I 1000% agree with this. Especially from a guy who took a pretty significant paycut so that his his coordinators/staff could have a better wage. That to me tells me that money is not his primary motivation. Although I would be shocked if he got fired for 9-3. He just doesn't strike me as just an a above average coach ala Les Miles/Mark Richt. The only thing I can think of is that, he knew all along even before he accepted the position at UCF that Nebraska was his end game and tried not to get attached. Hence his deliberate use of "this place" in his vernacular.

There is this very real temptation to go after top jobs in coaching in part because of the P5 G5 artificial divide created by ESPN et Al. The divide is very real based on money and TV contracts. I look at Strong, that guy could have made a solid name for himself at Louisville, but Texas came a call'n and he jumped to a big time job but it was not as history shows the right fit. So, the big time job seems like a greener pasture but sometimes it's one filled with black berry bushes, prickly pear and fire ants.

Frost's style of offense , our state recruiting wise, the location of UCF and our conference, all are a good fit. Time will tell if Nebraska and Frost are a good fit. Even UF got tired of Spurrier. Not saying we would have tired of Frost had he stayed, but that probability clearly looms at Nebraska .

Reactions: Poolside Knight
Most of us were dissapointed he left as it would have been exciting to see what he would have developed over the next few years. Also most of us get annoyed when P5 programs' fans come to this board and express a holier than thou attitude as if the UCF athletic program doesn't have anything to offer a talented coach.

Would you mind talking to me over email? If so, reach out at william.bauer@dailynebraskan.com. Thanks.

Sorry you had to get so much grief coming here. UCF fans are mad he left like guys who bitch about their hot ex girlfriend. Objectively he is a great coach. Good motivator and good offensive mind. It’s seems the players love him and he treats them with respect from what I gather. 13-0 two years after 0-12 speaks for itself. We have great players here but coaching gets some credit. That being said, I think almost any coach who runs an uptempo spread will have success here given the talent all over this state and we are hopefully in good hands as well with Huepel.

Last edited:
I don't know the guy personally so I can only judge him from afar. Seems like a good, honorable dude, who likes to keep his personal life exactly that....personal. He's a tireless worker and recruiter, and cares about his players and staff. The results on our field speak for themselves. How that turns out on your field...TBD.

That said, hard for me to gloss over the fact that on the day of our Conference Championship he wore a red and white checkerboard shirt with a grey jacket.....total douchebag maneuver and a slap in the face to our fans, and our program. Then when excepting most of his Coach of the Year awards for being UCF's head coach, he usually wore a little Nebraska pin....total douchebag maneuver. Again, Nebraska has nothing to do with why he was there and is a slap in the face to our fans and program.

Hmmmm. I don't see him wearing any black and gold....douchebag.
knights-head-coach-scott-frost-walks-to-the-locker-room-before-the-picture-id884545204

5a2a245c606ec.image.jpg

My email is williambauer@dailynebraskan.com. Please feel free to message me there as well.

Thanks.

Hell of a recruiter. Cultural shot to the arm. Modernized our appeal and realized our potential very quickly. Thank him for steering the ride through our 2017 perfect storm.

Your fanbase was trash at many away games and like a previous poster mentioned, dude wore a checkered red shirt the day of our conference championship game.

Most beta alpha you’ll meet.

We’re hot shit and Nebraska ain’t nothing but a cold fart.

rAIx7HV.jpg

Hell of a recruiter. Cultural shot to the arm. Modernized our appeal and realized our potential very quickly. Thank him for steering the ride through our 2017 perfect storm.

Your fanbase was trash at many away games and like a previous poster mentioned, dude wore a checkered red shirt the day of our conference championship game.

rAIx7HV.jpg
This

I'm kinda pulling for Mikesi to reply here so I can see if he ends up in the student newspaper.
Scott Frost will fail at the Hell Dumpster fire of a program that you all call NGEbraska and I’ll be there to let all the Douchebag NGEbraska fans know about it.

Reactions: MotorBoater
I don't know the guy personally so I can only judge him from afar. Seems like a good, honorable dude, who likes to keep his personal life exactly that....personal. He's a tireless worker and recruiter, and cares about his players and staff. The results on our field speak for themselves. How that turns out on your field...TBD.

That said, hard for me to gloss over the fact that on the day of our Conference Championship he wore a red and white checkerboard shirt with a grey jacket.....total douchebag maneuver and a slap in the face to our fans, and our program. Then when excepting most of his Coach of the Year awards for being UCF's head coach, he usually wore a little Nebraska pin....total douchebag maneuver. Again, Nebraska has nothing to do with why he was there and is a slap in the face to our fans and program.

knights-head-coach-scott-frost-walks-to-the-locker-room-before-the-picture-id884545204

5a2a245c606ec.image.jpg
This

Sorry you had to get so much grief coming here. UCF fans are mad he left like guys who bitch about their hot ex girlfriend.
Incorrect.

UCF fans just keep gettting hotter, fresh new girlfriends, while NGEbraska fans then start then getting jealous of the actual boyfriend and him having game, while that ex-girlfriend turns into a fat, washed, up used housewife with baggage

Notice that NGEbraska fans come here and we don’t go there. Thanks for playing

Thanks.
The average and even extreme UCF fan has moved on and are looking forward to 2018 and the new season. Continued success in 2018 and beyond. A lot of fans still have an interest in Frost and NGEbraska for a multitude of reasons.
Many of us love to take jabs at Frost and NGEbraska, because it’s fun and contrary to popular belief it’s hard to be butthurt when your team has been nothing less than perfect with an extremely bright future. UCF is all over the radio and TV.

All the media hype and excitement from players in the NFL to a Heisman candidate returning QB to disrupting the P5 cartel with all the NC and CFP talk

However, maybe you need to interview NGEbraska fans and ask why they can’t let go of UCF and how much their anxiety disorders are affecting their daily lives.

That’s a much more interesting story IMO.

I guess I won’t be invited over your house for dinner and a sit down interview :joy:

Last edited:

5a2a245c606ec.image.jpg
This poster makes some good points. I never noticed the Nebraska pin. If that’s the case that’s bullshit. Nebraska has nothing to do with his coach of the year success and perhaps he should have been holding a McKenzie Milton bobble head because MM was a major reason for his success. Although he gets credit for bringing him to UCF.

rAIx7HV.jpg
Perhaps Danny White is really our cultural shot in the arm.

Incorrect.

UCF fans just keep gettting hotter, fresh new girlfriends, while NGEbraska fans then start then getting jealous of the actual boyfriend and him having game, while that ex-girlfriend turns into a fat, washed, up used housewife with baggage

Notice that NGEbraska fans come here and we don’t go there. Thanks for playing

And it's not so much we are mad that he left. It's the Nobraska Cornhole trolls that have come here with their holier than thou, elitest attitude, trying to preach ancient history that have made us mad.

I’m thankful for the national championship and think we should build him a statue.

I’d welcome him back after he’s fired at NEB because he can’t get the right guys to make his system work in Lincoln. The fans says they’ll give him five years but that isn’t true. Look at the the last few coaches you had. During the third year the fans will start calling him out and asking to move on. He better hope this qb is good and can stay healthy

Sorry you had to get so much grief coming here. UCF fans are mad he left like guys who bitch about their hot ex girlfriend. Objectively he is a great coach. Good motivator and good offensive mind. It’s seems the players love him and he treats them with respect from what I gather. 13-0 two years after 0-12 speaks for itself. We have great players here but coaching gets some credit. That being said, I think almost any coach who runs an uptempo spread will have success here given the talent all over this state and we are hopefully in good hands as well with Huepel.

And it's not so much we are mad that he left. It's the Nobraska Cornhole trolls that have come here with their holier than thou, elitest attitude, trying to preach ancient history that have made us mad.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT