ADVERTISEMENT

Hoops McK misscalls BS

UCFProf

Golden Knight
Nov 13, 2011
"OK, here's where I call BS. I also sit directly behind the UCF bench. I have since The Urena was built. Kirk abusive?! Have you ever seen GOL on the sidelines dealing with player mistakes (like McDuffie last night)? Torchy? Chuck Machock? Joe Dean JR, Gene McDowell, Kruz (to DAUNTE!)?
Kirk was intense, but he confined his criticism to on-court performance, not belittling the person. In this "don't show me up in public" society, it doesn't square with the need for immediate feedback when not following coaching instruction."

BS, eh? I was the biggest Kirk defender, practically the only one on this board begging he not be fired (that was before Kirk's Jerks when it became fashionable to support him again). I cheered them to victory at the conference championships way back at Stetson, that miracle year they went to the Dance with a losing record. But, Hoops, the game I'm referring to was at the Daytona tourney, the one you missed two years ago. I walked around to sit right in earshot (the place was empty).
P.S.: Your posts were too harsh on this year's team. They've had to overcome an awful lot. There's a lot to like there, and they never give up.

Originally posted by UCFProf:
Hoops will.
Hoops does. Hoops was at that Daytona Tournament, too. Kirk said nothing that any other HC has said in any other UCF sport I've ever attended. Even women's coaches. I will admit that Donnie is different, believing that encouragement is the best motivator. But even he admits to tough love during practices...

BTW, I don't think I've been too harsh on this team at all. In fact I believe they've exceeded my expectations in several ways. And they're great kids! However, I'm going to point out areas where I see improvement is needed, in order for the small portion of our fan base who actually gives a crap about what I write a better understanding the game and/or something to think about.

We do share an early and long appreciation of Kirk and his tenure here. Anybody who's spent any amount of time on these boards since they were established 11 years ago will tell you that (In part I HAD to - I'm a distant relative of his wife Tracey). He was fired a year early IMO, but that's history.
This post was edited on 11/27 11:30 AM by Hoops McKnight*

"OK, here's where I call BS. I also sit directly behind the UCF bench. I have since The Urena was built. Kirk abusive?! Have you ever seen GOL on the sidelines dealing with player mistakes (like McDuffie last night)? Torchy? Chuck Machock? Joe Dean JR, Gene McDowell, Kruz (to DAUNTE!)?
Kirk was intense, but he confined his criticism to on-court performance, not belittling the person. In this "don't show me up in public" society, it doesn't square with the need for immediate feedback when not following coaching instruction."

BS, eh? I was the biggest Kirk defender, practically the only one on this board begging he not be fired (that was before Kirk's Jerks when it became fashionable to support him again). I cheered them to victory at the conference championships way back at Stetson, that miracle year they went to the Dance with a losing record. But, Hoops, the game I'm referring to was at the Daytona tourney, the one you missed two years ago. I walked around to sit right in earshot (the place was empty).
P.S.: Your posts were too harsh on this year's team. They've had to overcome an awful lot. There's a lot to like there, and they never give up.

I know this was directed towards Hoops, but I have a few observations from your post:

1) anyone to defend getting rid of Kirk should be shot. He was a great guy, he loved UCF, but it was MORE than obvious he would never take us to the next level.
2) Donnie was a great hire by Tribble.
3) One thing that certain people have a problem with is letting coaches coach their style. It may not be the way you would do things, let it go, and let them them coach the way they see fit. The goal of every coach is to win and they all coach to WIN and to think any less is moranic.

Originally posted by NascarSteve:

I know this was directed towards Hoops, but I have a few observations from your post:

1) anyone to defend getting rid of Kirk should be shot. He was a great guy, he loved UCF, but it was MORE than obvious he would never take us to the next level.
2) Donnie was a great hire by Tribble.
3) One thing that certain people have a problem with is letting coaches coach their style. It may not be the way you would do things, let it go, and let them them coach the way they see fit. The goal of every coach is to win and they all coach to WIN and to think any less is moranic.
I'm kind of afraid of NascarSteve.
I don't know which is the biggest overstatement: "MORE than obvious" or "should be shot".

Originally posted by Hoops McKnight*:

Hoops will.
Hoops does. Hoops was at that Daytona Tournament, too.

UCF Chick likes it when Hoops talks about himself in the 3rd person. She thinks it makes him even more awesome!

Originally posted by UCF Chick:
Originally posted by Hoops McKnight*:

Hoops will.

Hoops does. Hoops was at that Daytona Tournament, too.

UCF Chick likes it when Hoops talks about himself in the 3rd person. She thinks it makes him even more awesome!
Substitute "smarmy" for "awesome"

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT