ADVERTISEMENT

How Does NIL Come to Fruition?

mattropolis

Diamond Knight
Jan 7, 2002
I’m very interested in actually knowing how the mechanics happen. For example, does the staff have to make contact with a kid, give some kind of thumbs-up, and then the kid is shuffled-off to the NIL group to see what they can offer him? Can the NIL group offer a kid first, thus meaning he should pursue a trip to see if the program wants them?

I mean, these two “organizations” are not supposed to be in cahoots with one-another but how could they not be, in order to present better options to a kid.

Can the staff take the kid off campus for lunch, and then kind of leave him there and magically people from the NIL group show up to talk to the kid?

It all just wreaks of shenanigans….

Don't quote me but I think the rules have changed to allow the collective to be associated with the school and have communication between the two. Hence why yoou now see "Donate here" at the stadium as well as TMo begging for money to go to the collective via Twitter.

Reactions: mattropolis
I’m very interested in actually knowing how the mechanics happen. For example, does the staff have to make contact with a kid, give some kind of thumbs-up, and then the kid is shuffled-off to the NIL group to see what they can offer him? Can the NIL group offer a kid first, thus meaning he should pursue a trip to see if the program wants them?

I mean, these two “organizations” are not supposed to be in cahoots with one-another but how could they not be, in order to present better options to a kid.

Can the staff take the kid off campus for lunch, and then kind of leave him there and magically people from the NIL group show up to talk to the kid?

None of it makes sense.

Unless a collective has a team's actual recruiting board, it could be pursuing the wrong player and/or offering the wrong amount. With guys jumping in the portal everyday, I do not know how a collective can have to the most up-to-date information on player recruitment.

Don't quote me but I think the rules have changed to allow the collective to be associated with the school and have communication between the two. Hence why yoou now see "Donate here" at the stadium as well as TMo begging for money to go to the collective via Twitter.
Maybe I'm looking in the wrong places, but I've been unable to find information on what's allowed and what's not as well. Everything I find is old and says that the things that everyone seems to be doing are not allowed. It would be great to get some clarification.

excellent questions Matt!

It would be great if ESPN or Fox or somebody did a segment on how NIL actually worked. Specific examples used. Of course, they aren’t going to broach all the shenanigans for fear of getting blacklisted but even doing the more focused, known deals like some of the QBs would be helpful.

I mean, Bowser was apparently making good money but how did that deal get done? Who wrote the checks? Where did the money come from? Can kids have NIL deals without coordinating it through some organization?

There just seems to be zero transparency or accountability for what transpires.

Reactions: OtterKnight
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT